The Falkirk FC Thread

Hippo is not a confidence player. Hes either interested or not. Never get the same consistency and he is well aware of his ability. bordering on thinking he is better than he his on occasions.

This so much. He always looked arsed in big games such as against rangers, hibs and Dunfermline, could play a blinder when against one of them then the next game he’d trot about the pitch half arsed.

I’d be gutted to see him go but I can’t see him fitting in anywhere other than up top where we’ve got plenty of cover, if we can get a fee for a guy out of contract in the summer then that’s some decent business.

I think one thing has become evident under Hartley and that is he demands a high work rate and high intensity levels in every game. the players he is signing are generally quick fit and hungry. I think that's why we've seen the players we've seen leaving and being dropped to the bench and lower. long may it continue.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Am I the only 1 reading this here's all the same stuff that was said about Higginbotham?

Hippo on his game is brilliant. Sadly that is once a month.

We have 3 months left and I'm sure we can cope without Hippos 3 cameos

Sadly, I'd suggest you're being generous saying once a month. Half a game once in every 6 would be nearer the mark. He's been incredibly frustrating during his time at TFS - showing only flashes of the skill he undoubtedly possesses - whether its confidence or motivation I wouldn't pretend to know, but more often than not his contribution has been marginal.  His more commonly displayed attributes like regularly falling over, getting brushed off the ball far too easily and generally not being very involved aren't particularly useful at any time, and certainly not in our current predicament.

The contention that he was often our main threat says more about everyone else in the team than it does about him, judging by the chronic standard of our play pre-Hartley, shocking lack of goal threat, and lamentable standing in the league.   Given our need for hard working, busy and effective flair players up front,  I'm happy Hartley is on the right lines and Hippo can go be an enigma somewhere else.  Great goal v The Fife though, so genuine cheers for that if nothing else. 

Edited by Dennistoun Bairn

19 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why would you keep Loy?

• If he's dealing with some issues, we have a duty of care as his employer.
  • A fully fit, fully motivated and properly used Rory Loy is a standard of player we normally couldn't afford. Not sure how long his contract is but, even if we get 6 decent months out of him, keeping him will be worthwhile.
  • He's a decent c**t.

This so much. He always looked arsed in big games such as against rangers, hibs and Dunfermline, could play a blinder when against one of them then the next game he’d trot about the pitch half arsed.

I’d be gutted to see him go but I can’t see him fitting in anywhere other than up top where we’ve got plenty of cover, if we can get a fee for a guy out of contract in the summer then that’s some decent business.

If there is one player that just needs a gentle ‘dunt’ and will stop playing, it is him.

He can be a great, however I don’t think I have seen such a shitbag of a player ever.