The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, thelocalcat said:

Brilliant business for them. 

The problem with Hippo this season is that there isnt enough big teams in the league for him to turn up for. He was always brilliant against the likes of sevco and then murder against the also rans.  I'd like to think we could get another body in if he goes although I'm a bit surprised hes going to St Mirren who seem to base their team on  the constant energy of their forward players. Hippo can be a right lazy b*****d at times.

12 hours ago, Senator Frimpton said:

He also came across as a consummate pro, so suggestions he's decided to chuck it for some flippant reason don't ring true, to me at least.

There are various suggestions that he has problems with depression, which I didn't know about until fairly recently and thought he was just being lazy. As someone going through it myself I have a lot of sympathy for him.

However in a results business, he will be one of our top earners and is not contributing much. It's a difficult situation.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

There are various suggestions that he has problems with depression, which I didn't know about until fairly recently and thought he was just being lazy. As someone going through it myself I have a lot of sympathy for him.

However in a results business, he will be one of our top earners and is not contributing much. It's a difficult situation.

It can't be depression or he'd have avoided signing for St Mirren  surely.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It can't be depression or he'd have avoided signing for St Mirren  surely.

Will he handle the step ok is the big worry for me? 

Going from relagation fodder to potential champions won't be easy for him.

2 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Paisley is the happiest place in Scotland - everyone is going around with a great big grin on their face :)

aye this season but last season when he joined you were murder.  We're at least pulling away from our relegation problems but you guys were in them to the bitter end.

Would be really disappointed to see Hippo go still think he’s got something to offer us. He could do us a job up front and would rather see us try to ship out Loy and O’Hara.

I actually feel he was under rated by most of our support tbh. Last year in particular he was at times our only creative player and if he didn’t play well the team didn’t play well. He’s inconsistent but that’s why he’s at our level but he’s well worth persisting with cause he’s more than capable of winning matches on his own.

Hippo will be able to give you a wee wave from the SPL next season champ.

Mods, please.

Am I the only 1 reading this hears all the same stuff that was said about Higginbotham?

Hippo on his game is brilliant. Sadly that is once a month.

We have 3 months left and I'm sure we can cope without Hippos 3 cameos

Edited by Gaz FFC

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Would be really disappointed to see Hippo go still think he’s got something to offer us. He could do us a job up front and would rather see us try to ship out Loy and O’Hara.

I actually feel he was under rated by most of our support tbh. Last year in particular he was at times our only creative player and if he didn’t play well the team didn’t play well. He’s inconsistent but that’s why he’s at our level but he’s well worth persisting with cause he’s more than capable of winning matches on his own.

Mods, please.

Agreed - he carried our side at times last season and is always capable of moments of brilliance.

On the flip side, he was signing a PCA with St. Mirren anyway so I don't blame the club for shifting him for a little £ as he would have been disinterested for the remainder of the season.

I like hippo. he offers something different. earlier this season we were very slow and predictable and he on form was what we were crying out for. big quick direct tricky and a decent shot. if goes to st mirren good squad player for them. only issues ate seems to miss a few games through injuries and can be invisible and moody in games if he isn't interested