The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We dont really want to go back to having Muirhead at right back and Mcghee at left back if we get a couple of injuries. That would really hamper our attacking width.

You've lost me then because I thought that was exactly what you were suggesting, albeit with a new CH at LB rather than Muirhead on the right?

I

41 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You've lost me then because I thought that was exactly what you were suggesting, albeit with a new CH at LB rather than Muirhead on the right?

I dont mind having Mcghee on the right side of defence but I dont want him back on the left as his crossing wasn't up to scratch with his weaker foot when he pushed forward.  I'd have him at right back/wingback and another player as cover for left back/wingback. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I

I dont mind having Mcghee on the right side of defence but I dont want him back on the left as his crossing wasn't up to scratch with his weaker foot when he pushed forward.  I'd have him at right back/wingback and another player as cover for left back/wingback. 

And where do you propose Tumilty play ?

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I

Fair enough then; you don't think he's as comfortable on his left as his right. Cool.

Edited to say that I don't think he's got the pace to play WB.

Edited by ShaggerG

7 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Think it's really classy for Hartley to be going to the Formartine-Cove game himself tonight. Has to be a six-hour round trip?

It should be the expectation but yeah, it's good to see. A huge improvement over Houstie who would be on Sportsound talking about Morelos and Graeme Murty.

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It should be the expectation but yeah, it's good to see. A huge improvement over Houstie who would be on Sportsound talking about Morelos and Graeme Murty.

I'd certainly expect somebody from the club to attend but the manager doing it himself mid week is a nice touch.

No idea if Hartley will be a success at Falkirk, if he's an astute tactician or a good man manager but he certainly works his arse off. Fair play to the guy.

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

McGhee is comfortable on both sides though, in fact we were debating on Saturday whether he was actually right or left footed and still haven't come up with an answer.

Therefore we currently have McGhee covering left back and Muirhead right with Watson as back up CH so the scenario that you describe would be no different from what's already in place. If you don't rate Watson though and would rather have someone else as cover then fair do's but that's not really what you're suggesting? I don't think. :unsure:

He is for sure right footed, most of the time when he was playing left back he was like the opposite of Hagi, well not quite as bad

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Fair enough then; you don't think he's as comfortable on his left as his right. Cool.

Edited to say that I don't think he's got the pace to play WB.

I dont think there is much difference in a natural full back compared to a wing back, the only difference I would say is there is a bit more license push up and not be as strict to a back four member of which he did at left back.

He obviously likes to get forward and Im sure it was him who lost the ball on the edge of the Inverness box for the Inverness goal

51 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I'd certainly expect somebody from the club to attend but the manager doing it himself mid week is a nice touch.

No idea if Hartley will be a success at Falkirk, if he's an astute tactician or a good man manager but he certainly works his arse off. Fair play to the guy.

Its been highly posted on here via Alloa and Dundee supporters that you'd struggle to find a harder worker for your club than Hartley, that generally can mean fuk all if he doesnt manage properly or have that bit luck.

Guest Back Post Misses
I would keep McKee and Loy personally. I think we can do better than Harris though and I'm sure he'd get a gig with another club in this league 

Why would you keep Loy?

He is now 5 choice striker behind Nelson, Longridge, Jakubiak and O’Hara came on Saturday while he kicked his heels on the bench.

Guest Back Post Misses
What time did O'Hara come on? If we were three one up against ten men, O'Hara is tactically the correct player of the two to bring on. He also surely needed to be given a wee bow on his return from suspension?

Cant read too much into that. If we were chasing a game at home at the opposition were camped I think you would have seen the opposite.

Doubt it.

Pity we can’t get anyone to take this waster.

49 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Doubt it.

Pity we can’t get anyone to take this waster.

Who would take him in his current form/fitness? Can't see him being here next season though. Out of interest is longridge classed as a forward I have him down as a winger/attacking midfielder