The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The Welsh signing reminds me of the Kevin McCann one.

Can't really see him get much of a game unless Lord Thomas de Taiwo gets injured/rested.

I reckon hes a decent player but he needs game time and I'm not sure he' going to get enough with all the competition we have in there.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Can't really see him get much of a game unless Lord Thomas de Taiwo gets injured/rested.

I spoke with a Partick fan that thought he should do well for us if/when he gets fit and if he stays injury free.  Was a lot of if's....

The one thing I haven't been looking at is to see which of our first team players have been getting a run out in the 20's to get fitness.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Early days yet but I think he needs game time to get to where he was or as close to it as possible. He isn't gonna get that whilst our current three are performing, could be worse for him if we went back to flat four again.

4 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Aero, Grant, Taiwo and Sibbs all seem pretty safe from getting dropped/punted unless an offer to buy them came In.

What a difference in signings between Houstie and Hartley. Housties signings were around 1/3rd of the time successful where as all of Hartleys seem to be on the money so far.

Hartley also playing Sibbs in that attacking midfield role he thrives in and playing Kidd in midfield has made they 2 seem like new signings.

The first two are a complete bombscare.

We badly miss a C/H who will organise at the back, in the vain of McCracken/Dods.

The first two are a complete bombscare.
We badly miss a C/H who will organise at the back, in the vain of McCracken/Dods.

Grants just never been the same since he came back from the ACL injury and I think Aero gets criticised a bit more than deserved... yes his passing is woeful but defensively I think he makes some great tackles.
But I do agree that we desperately miss a commanding CB surely must be someone floating around the leagues?

1 hour ago, MetalWolf said:

The one thing I haven't been looking at is to see which of our first team players have been getting a run out in the 20's to get fitness.

The U20 League has been in a shutdown since before Christmas. There was a closed-door friendly a few weeks back but no first team players were involved in it.

The U20 league restarts again for us on Wednesday night with a home game against Dundee.

Guest Back Post Misses
The U20 League has been in a shutdown since before Christmas. There was a closed-door friendly a few weeks back but no first team players were involved in it.
The U20 league restarts again for us on Wednesday night with a home game against Dundee.

Scouts from Swansea to Bo’ness Utd. U20 fire sale to gather pace soon.

Heard at the weekend one of the U20’s is off to Celtic.

8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Aero, Grant, Taiwo and Sibbs all seem pretty safe from getting dropped/punted unless an offer to buy them came In.

What a difference in signings between Houstie and Hartley. Housties signings were around 1/3rd of the time successful where as all of Hartleys seem to be on the money so far.

Hartley also playing Sibbs in that attacking midfield role he thrives in and playing Kidd in midfield has made they 2 seem like new signings.

Would stick McGhee on that list as well. I think he is our best centre half and the most likely of the 3 to survive any summer movement as well.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Scouts from Swansea to Bo’ness Utd. U20 fire sale to gather pace soon.

Heard at the weekend one of the U20’s is off to Celtic.

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen more departures from the U20 side as quite a few have their contracts up in the summer. Traditionally, we've let a few go out on loan over the years as their contracts run down, as it gives them a last chance to mark their mark somewhere else before we make a final decision on them.  If I were a betting made I'd say that's the most likely movement in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

I’d be absolutely fucking delighted if we used some of that money to get Harris as far away to f**k as possible.

I'd rather some mug took him off our hands and we kept our windfall.

It would be especially pleasing if that mug were Dunfermline who love an ex Bairn.

I'd rather some mug took him off our hands and we kept our windfall.
It would be especially pleasing if that mug were Dunfermline who love an ex Bairn.

Unless Houstie gets another gig somewhere surely there’s no another full-time team out there that would take him. I’ve got the fear that we’re stuck with him for the next 18 months until he ends up at Edinburgh City.

Though a potential midfield of Aird, Craigen, Higginbotham and Harris does sound absolutely hilarious so I’m fully on board with your suggestion.

Although a lot of fans seem to think a player would be stupid to walk away from a deal he has and just sit in the stand every week I imagine it's career suicide. 

1st of all the player can't enjoy turning upto training every day knowing it's a waste of time and once he's been out the picture for a year or 2 and not injured, are clubs impressed enough to sign players who's attitude is to not care whether they play?

It is not in Harris or McKees best interest to hang around if they're not in Hartleys plans.

Outside of January what are our options for punting players?
I assume if team X are interested we can just terminate a contract and they can sign an out of contract player???

Nah any player who’s contract is terminated after the deadline is then unable to sign with anyone until the summer window opens.

So we’ve got 2 days left now to try and get Loy, McKee and Harris punted.