The Falkirk FC Thread

Mark Kerr pictured in an Ayr top outside Burns Cottage looking bemused!!
Good signing for us Bairns? Or our usual January veteran dud?

I think if he gets the time in midfield he can still dictate games, if there's no protection for him (like pairing him with James Craigen or Joe McKee) then he's not going to be great.

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think if he gets the time in midfield he can still dictate games, if there's no protection for him (like pairing him with James Craigen or Joe McKee) then he's not going to be great.

Cheers, Jamie Adams and Stevie Bell should be able to look after him!

I reckon he'll stll be absolutely class in league 1. Feet just don't go as fast as his brain anymore and gets caught out at this level.

47 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Finished at our level that's for sure sad to say may be finished completely so the latter may apply.

59 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

He could be the difference between 1st or 2nd, I still think he has the legs in him to dictate games as he has this season, none more so than the last 20 or so mins against the pars when we had 9 men. 

He has had some decent MOM performances this season that few begrudgingly gave him praise for, yes he isnt capable week in week out at this level but he wont let you down and always strives for better even at the age of 35 and his fitness levels and hunger still put some of our players to shame.

Im pretty sure his first goal for Falkirk came down at Ayr......I funnily missed it due to an incident......good luck Mark

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 02:45, MrDust said:

Are u on drugs ?

We would be lucky to get four figures for Gallagher at present...

Still standing firm on my opinion that to have a development policy, you have to have a manager that buys into it, under Houston we didn't, not blaming him for that, the board hold the blame......the remit for expense to the team is firmly accountable to them and they continually funded Houston under circumstances where we had mission impossible in achieving what the budget given

As the late, great Tom Petty said you got lucky!

Guest Back Post Misses
What attributes does he have, specifically? I've not seen anything that suggests he'll play in the top two tiers down South.

Ok

Marshy can’t see them but a top 4 Club in England can along with a host of others.

They will be wrong

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Anyone know much about Conor Hazard ?

A decent young goalie, has been on the bench for a couple of Celtic games but never made a first team appearance so don't know how good he is.  He's been capped by Northern Ireland at all youth levels up to  U19 so he can't be that bad

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

A decent young goalie, has been on the bench for a couple of Celtic games but never made a first team appearance so don't know how good he is.  He's been capped by Northern Ireland at all youth levels up to  U19 so he can't be that bad

Thanks SS. Appreciate this. Hopefully get to see him soon and can judge him then.

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Was hoping that we may have kept Tony on loan for the rest of the season as we're woefully short of cover for the wing backs.

f**k that, he's pish. I'd rather punt him and bring in someone better to cover for Tumilty and Robson.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Thanks SS. Appreciate this. Hopefully get to see him soon and can judge him then.

There was a Celtic guy on here who used to go to all the U20 games and was pretty clued up on the youngsters. Can't remember his handle unfortunately!

Guest Back Post Misses
You didn't answer my question.

Your seethe is quite bizarre. Why not be happy for the lad and pleased we got a decent fee?

For what it is worth I think he has the pace to cope at a decent level, he has composure on the ball and a fantastic touch.

They will build him up physically, improve his game understanding and his defensive qualities.

He may never get to the top level, in fact he probably won’t. But he is certainly nothing like the dud some are making out. 200k maybe a drop in the Ocean for Liverpool but they still don’t throw cash about for nothing.

Hopefully he does develop and we can enjoy a few add ons as we have had from Kingsley, Fulton and Vaulks.

Fair play to Falkirk, that Gallagher is an absolute dud. Getting rid of him, and getting in some decent cash is absolutely outstanding business. 

I was reading on the Livingston thread about their youth player Knox, he's been highly rated for years, has apparently had the top four clubs and Rangers chasing him, and yet they aren't impressed by him at all. One poster did mention his dad or some other relative was a journo though and was the one behind the hype train. 

Does Gallagher have similar? He's got even less defensively about him than Ryan Williamson, absolutely baffling.