The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ka202 said:

Craigen confirmed away, a shame as I think he has a bit of talent just didn’t show it enough.

I agree. Fact he was constantly played out of position didn’t help. It was plainly obvious he wasn’t a wide player despite the fact he kept getting played there, and clear he was best deployed behind the strikers. Isn’t really the grafting type though, so won’t have fitted into Hartley’s plans.

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

Harris, Kerr, McKee. Could cost quite a bit in payoffs if that' the road we would need to go down to get rid.

People who's contract expires this summer shouldn't be costing too much as it'll likely save the club money paying them a bit now (hopefully) less than their remaining contract. 

The 2 year deals however could be costly.

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I agree. Fact he was constantly played out of position didn’t help. It was plainly obvious he wasn’t a wide player despite the fact he kept getting played there, and clear he was best deployed behind the strikers. Isn’t really the grafting type though, so won’t have fitted into Hartley’s plans.

Craigen's return on his time at the club was a massive 3 or 4 decent games at the tail end of last season, and his wonder goal at Tannadice. Whichever position he played, overall he was just not up to it. No pace, no presence, couldn't tackle; more often than not completely anonymous on the pitch. That's not really much help when we were chasing promotion FFS, and certainly not good enough in our current predicament.  Cheerio!  

I feel a bit sorry for Craigen.  To me he was one who  always gave 100% when he came on, even when others had thrown in the towel.  Its a shame he never shone and never found a settled position with us.   I'll always remember him fondly for his excellent performance and goal at Tannadice in the first leg of the play off last year.  Hope he goes somewhere and gets decent game time.    

Edited by tubbybairn
typo

Craigen's return on his time at the club was a massive 3 or 4 decent games at the tail end of last season, and his wonder goal at Tannadice. Whichever position he played, overall he was just not up to it. No pace, no presence, couldn't tackle; more often than not completely anonymous on the pitch. That's not really much help when we were chasing promotion FFS, and certainly not good enough in our current predicament.  Cheerio!  

Aye he had a couple of decent games but overall he was fucking shite no matter where he played.

Good to see Hartley starting to clear out some of the deadwood and the shite signings Houston left us with. I doubt we’ll be able to bin Harris with him having 18 months left on his contract but hopefully Kerr and McKee will be next.

1 hour ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Bizarrely, some weapons in our support would gladly welcome Craigen (and Balatoni for that matter) back with open arms. 

The above two and Muirhead were very close while at Thistle - could he be nearing the exit too?

2 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Bizarrely, some weapons in our support would gladly welcome Craigen (and Balatoni for that matter) back with open arms. 

The above two and Muirhead were very close while at Thistle - could he be nearing the exit too?

Let's fucking hope so. He's gash.

3 or 4 good games out of a season and a half is not enough for me. Another Houston shocker, signed on a pre contract in February when we didn’t know what league we would be in, to replace Alston on the right wing, when he’s clearly not a winger.

You look at how the team are pressing under Hartley now and tell me Craigen gave his all in every game... a passenger we can ill afford.

3 or 4 good games out of a season and a half is not enough for me. Another Houston shocker, signed on a pre contract in February when we didn’t know what league we would be in, to replace Alston on the right wing, when he’s clearly not a winger.

You look at how the team are pressing under Hartley now and tell me Craigen gave his all in every game... a passenger we can ill afford.

The difference is now we press as a team. We never done this to any great effect under Houston. Craigen was certainly no world beater but I would put his effort levels above that of most of our midfield in the early part of the season. Didn't help him that he never seemed to start in the same position two weeks running. I am glad he has been let go though. I think we should be hoping for better in terms of players who can impact games regularly.

2 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Id say he showed pace, presence and put himself about in the play off games v DUFC, where that came from I dunno as he didnt show that level of hunger and pace for the previous 30 odd games, I actually suggested to my mate Id be worried if he got drug tested as this was no where near the Craigen thats played all season.

I stood by him as long as I could, I was impressed that he was comfortable with either foot, tho means heehaw if you have 21 other players on the park. 

One of the there is a player in there gone.......Harris and McKee still have 18 months left tho.....

2 hours ago, Russ said:

Aye he had a couple of decent games but overall he was fucking shite no matter where he played.

Good to see Hartley starting to clear out some of the deadwood and the shite signings Houston left us with. I doubt we’ll be able to bin Harris with him having 18 months left on his contract but hopefully Kerr and McKee will be next.

McKee also has that 18 months left