The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Clubs beginning to reek like it did when george craig was in charge unfortunately.

I wouldnt say that, we are now making decisions that probably are needed taken, days gone by we wouldve let Miller and others sit in the stands till the season ended.....tho the cash flow with doing so  on a lesser scale is taking a beating ala George Craig

I personally dont think Miller and Kerr were signed to play much this season and their duties were to concentrate more so on coaching and used sparingly, Kerr had some decent games this season, bossing the Dunfermline midfield when we had 9 men and a few others. I thought Miller was done tho, he was no longer winning headers, bullying centre halves tho he gave us probably our best forward performances of the season at Livvy pre Longridge coming in, It wasnt pretty but he got stuck in and unlucky not to score.

The rumours of Ayr being interested in both Miller and Kerr would be an ideal fit for both. both players have been great servants for the club, first time and second time and tbh I was wary of signing them the 2nd time, more so Kerr as I felt we didnt need him. As for Miller I was willing to give him a chance and although he was never ever really a week in week out striker for us, he won us a hell of a lot of points, sure last season he won us more points than any striker at the club.

Good luck to Miller, sure Kerr will be next and hopefully a few others......

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I wouldnt say that, we are now making decisions that probably are needed taken, days gone by we wouldve let Miller and others sit in the stands till the season ended.....tho the cash flow with doing so  on a lesser scale is taking a beating ala George Craig

I personally dont think Miller and Kerr were signed to play much this season and their duties were to concentrate more so on coaching and used sparingly, Kerr had some decent games this season, bossing the Dunfermline midfield when we had 9 men and a few others. I thought Miller was done tho, he was no longer winning headers, bullying centre halves tho he gave us probably our best forward performances of the season at Livvy pre Longridge coming in, It wasnt pretty but he got stuck in and unlucky not to score.

The rumours of Ayr being interested in both Miller and Kerr would be an ideal fit for both. both players have been great servants for the club, first time and second time and tbh I was wary of signing them the 2nd time, more so Kerr as I felt we didnt need him. As for Miller I was willing to give him a chance and although he was never ever really a week in week out striker for us, he won us a hell of a lot of points, sure last season he won us more points than any striker at the club.

Good luck to Miller, sure Kerr will be next and hopefully a few others......

Not so much the fact they've left but the way they've left reminds me of those days. Two players who love the club basically being forced out the door.  The whole thing could've been handled better in my view.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Why are there usually covers on the lower seats in the South Stand when we're not playing? I've seen that a few times in different pictures now.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Would imagine it's to stop seats getting smashed by wayward shots.

Funnily enough I asked Big Gordon McFarlane that very question last week and Marshmallo's suggestion is exactly what his reply was.

I've seen covers on different parts of the stand during games too though, usually when the away support is housed in the main stand or there's a small support in the north. He couldn't answer that one and I assumed that it was to keep the pigeon shit off.

14 hours ago, Livilion28 said:

Are use still being linked with Scott Pittman from us? Heard he has been offered new contract at Livingston , wouldn’t surprise me if you were trying to sign him or our other centre mid Shaun Byrne. Both been outstanding this season for us 

Can't see either joining us as Kidd has reinvented himself as a midfielder, we also have Taiwo, Welsh in there too. However with Miller away, Kerr probably next and Harris and Craigen not in the squad last week we could yet bring more players in.   Need a new keeper as a priority first. 

25 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Can't see either joining us as Kidd has reinvented himself as a midfielder, we also have Taiwo, Welsh in there too. However with Miller away, Kerr probably next and Harris and Craigen not in the squad last week we could yet bring more players in.   Need a new keeper as a priority first. 

Welsh,Sibbald, Blair, Kidd, Taiwo, Blues, McKee, Craigen and Kerr, bar Blair they have all played central midfield this season.

we need one, two or more of above out the door and add a right wing back and not another centre mid now

I think Hartley’s plan was to bring in up to 8 new players and reduce the squad size. If he keeps Tumulty, I think that’s five or six, so a keeper and defender?

2 hours ago, Savage Animal said:

Assuming Kerr goes too, that should at least bring some balance back to the overall squad sexiness levels.

That's a bit shallow mate as beauty is in the eye of the beholder...as thousands of us could see! :)