The Falkirk FC Thread

Went along to the game with my son today as a neutral (taking advantage of kids go free promo) . Always wanted to visit Cappielow and excited to see Falkirk after bodying Dundee Utd.
Really enjoyed watching Falkirk ... thought you won the battle and started to play all the football as far as I could see. Team looked far fitter and leaner than Morton.
Impressed with Sibbald and Grant .. never stopped organising and won just about everything.
Respect to the fans on the open end terrace .
All the best for the rest of season.

4 hours ago, GMBairn said:

We still looked vulnerable at the back today, particularly at set pieces and if Morton had a bit of luck in front of goal we might have got nothing from that game. Could still use a better quality CB and a GK I think. I think we will make a lot of changes for the cup game next weekend since it's pretty fucking irrelevant in comparison to not going down so I wonder if any of the squad members or new guys will impress enough to push for a place in the league starting 11.

I agree we looked dodgy at set pieces today, but Morton created less than heehaw from open play, which was encouraging 

I agree we looked dodgy at set pieces today, but Morton created less than heehaw from open play, which was encouraging 

Didn’t think it was only set pieces, I think 3-5-2 works well at home when we are on top of the opposition. We got away with it at times today and we got badly punished at ICT.

I think Hartley needs to look at whether we need to move back to 4-4-2 for some away matches although a quality goalkeeper would certainly help...

Didn’t think it was only set pieces, I think 3-5-2 works well at home when we are on top of the opposition. We got away with it at times today and we got badly punished at ICT.

I think Hartley needs to look at whether we need to move back to 4-4-2 for some away matches although a quality goalkeeper would certainly help...

I think this game emphasised the fact that we'll do ok against teams that are as lightweight as us in the middle of the park . We dominated that area today and that then allowed our ball players to do what they do best. Against ICT and the pars we couldn' do that and were turned over.

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think this game emphasised the fact that we'll do ok against teams that are as lightweight as us in the middle of the park . We dominated that area today and that then allowed our ball players to do what they do best. Against ICT and the pars we couldn' do that and were turned over.

very much agree with this SD;  the discussion on toughening up our midfield with a Davie Nicholls type has been running for, what, 3 seasons now?  

Was just thinking that I feel it's imperative that we try to keep Tumilty or get someone of equal ability in as I don't think that we have anyone else that can play RWB using our recent formation. Hopefully we can keep him although he may well be out next week due to injury anyway.

Was just thinking that I feel it's imperative that we try to keep Tumilty or get someone of equal ability in as I don't think that we have anyone else that can play RWB using our recent formation. Hopefully we can keep him although he may well be out next week due to injury anyway.

Injury or not, I’d still be keen for us to keep him. He fits into our team really well and is one of our most effective players going forward.

Once I did the walk from Cartsdyke to Cappielow and actually got in the ground I figured I was as wet as I could get so just stood behind the goal cold and miserable.
Worth it.

Fair play to you ... enjoyed watching the young team (and some old) skip down the terraces when you scored .

Just now, Smokiejohn said:

Fair play to you ... enjoyed watching the young team (and some old) skip down the terraces when you scored .

I would have joined them but I'd end up tumbling down and making a right scene.

Instead I did the Cricket applause of jolly good show

On 13/01/2018 at 17:34, Russ said:

Pretty sure it’s in the summer but I’d imagine he’ll be happy to stay.

Does pick up quite a few injured but he’s absolutely vital to the team when he’s fit. Like a different team when he plays.

Absolutely fucking love him.

Obviously my sample size is extremely small having only seen Falkirk in your three games with Morton this season and how appallingly bad we were on Saturday has to be taken into account, but Taiwo is the player who made all the difference in those games.

In our win we had the run of the midfield and absolutely ran over the top of you with no resistance from Craigen and Kerr. In the two games at Cappielow Taiwo has been everywhere, he's not allowed our midfield to settle into the game and you've taken control as a result. Obviously other players have played well but Taiwo is the one who's given them the platform to do it. If he stays fit you're staying up.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously my sample size is extremely small having only seen Falkirk in your three games with Morton this season and how appallingly bad we were on Saturday has to be taken into account, but Taiwo is the player who made all the difference in those games.

In our win we had the run of the midfield and absolutely ran over the top of you with no resistance from Craigen and Kerr. In the two games at Cappielow Taiwo has been everywhere, he's not allowed our midfield to settle into the game and you've taken control as a result. Obviously other players have played well but Taiwo is the one who's given them the platform to do it. If he stays fit you're staying up.

That's the problem when it comes to Tom, keeping him fit .  When he's fit and playing there's very few defensive midfielders in the league better than him.  Mind you there's few in the league if any that have seen a couple of million pounds spent on them in the past so you would expect him to be a class act in this league. Unfortunately for a defensive mid he gets injured far too often and we have very little cover when it comes to that type of player.