The Falkirk FC Thread

Regardless, it isnt "PC Shite". 

I actually didnt think Falkirk had that kind of element to their support to be honest, I knew the fixture with Dunfermline carried a bit of vitriol but not that much.  

Edited by CALDERON

Sorry, I really dont see mocking a disability as "PC Shite"
Regardless of what else goes on in Scottish football, it was a horrible incident and should be treated accordingly. 

Clearly I don’t see mocking a disability as appropriate behaviour and it’s out of order.

However, the reaction in the media and everywhere else is completely disproportionate to the incidents and violence that goes on in our communities related to football in certain quarters most weeks and goes unreported.

If I genuinely though that what was said here is doing real harm to Mr Sheils then I would be happy to apologise.

I just don’t think that he cares that much and the incident, whilst clearly wrong, is being blown out of all proportion and making everyone around our club look like they are part of it, which is clearly not the case.

I dont doubt it was a small percentage of Falkirk fans, they always seem decent enough.

However the incident is a serious one in my view and is being reported as much.  I do agree though that other incidents that go in in the game deserve attention also.

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

wut

It's two wins and a draw. You can't just start including results from previous seasons.

Unless you meant the Challenge Cup :lol:

Sorry got the Scottish cup one counted....

That or most days I've been tattied at an all inclusive hotel where Stella is the draft lager..... still haven't racially abused black people tho

Regardless, it isnt "PC Shite". 
I actually didnt think Falkirk had that kind of element to their support to be honest, I knew the fixture with Dunfermline carried a bit of vitriol but not that much.  

I cannot say for sure until the culprits are identified but I rather suspect this will turn out to be stupid laddies with half a brain who don’t have the sense they are born with than those with ‘that kind of element’ as you suggest....

I dont doubt it was a small percentage of Falkirk fans, they always seem decent enough.
However the incident is a serious one in my view and is being reported as much.  I do agree though that other incidents that go in in the game deserve attention also.

Serious incident. I agree....and the culprits and not the club should be being vilified.

Such that it needs reporting over Europe and supporters of other clubs calling for our expulsion. Certainly not.

For ease.....

Monocular vision is when there is vision in one eye only. You will lose part of your field of view and you may have difficulty with depth perception. This may cause you problems with, for example, judging distance from objects, judging the width of objects such as door frames, people moving towards you but outside your field of vision, or pouring liquid into a cup.

Eventually your brain, working with your remaining eye, will start to compensate and take over some of the work of the other eye.

Unless you have a significant loss of sight in your other eye, you will not be able to register as “Sight Impaired/Partially Sighted”.

This is because the sight in your other eye will largely compensate for the loss of sight in the affected eye.

Honestly, I don’t think this is relevant. Indeed it’s the tenuous definitions that appropriately highlight what I mean by all this ‘PC Shite’.

It’s about common sense and not what’s written in books. If you are unreasonably going to offend an afflicted community of people, with genuine desire to do so, you should rightly be vilified.

Not because of any definitions in books or even in law. It should not be relevant.

The problem I have here is that these stupid individuals have done real damage to all of our reputations and made it look like this is the way we all behave when it’s patently untrue. Certain newspapers are adding fuel to this by sensationalising it further.

Falkirk deserve all the bad publicity due to the shit way they treated the first incident with the two players abusing Shiels. There has been a nasty line crossing minority of shameful arseholes in the falkirk support since I can remember. What goes around comes around and I hope sponsors pull out and leave you relegated.

Falkirk deserve all the bad publicity due to the shit way they treated the first incident with the two players abusing Shiels. There has been a nasty line crossing minority of shameful arseholes in the falkirk support since I can remember. What goes around comes around and I hope sponsors pull out and leave you relegated.

Any chance you called the Record hotline yesterday?

The club held there hands up at ohara' s offence but quite rightly defended McKee when there was hee haw evidence against him apart from Sheils's say so. The fact he was then found guilty when no other evidence could be provided was farcical in the extreme but then that's the sfa. The club issued statements after the fans singing at ICT and again after Tuesday.  That's a whole lot more than other clubs in Scotland have done when their fans have misbehaved.  Some top flight clubs would probably have remarked on it as light hearted over exuberance going by recent history.

We'd come right back up anyway, who cares. Getting relegated would be a bit embarrassing but it wouldn't cripple the club long term.

You may find it funny. Personally I am rather pissed off by the lack of proportionate response here.

I agree that we have some idiots here who thought they were being funny when in reality they were being stupid. However the way this has escalated and the way our club is being tarnished here is quite ridiculous.

As for the probable Dunfermline supporter’s outrage on the ‘hotline’ whilst failing to consider the action of his teams own fans in recent games between the clubs irritating and naive.

Let’s get some perspective here,

Is what happened wrong? Yes

Should the supporters who threw them be punished? Yes

Is this one of the worst things to happen is Scottish football in recent years as it’s being portrayed? Not even close.

Is Dean Sheils likely to be hurt and seriously offended by the incident? Doubt he even cares.

When are we going to stop all the PC shite and focus on the things that are really damaging our society?

Sorry if you don’t all agree. Just fed up with all of the shite being written everywhere.
Well said RB [emoji106]

It's only an eye he lost for goodness sake why can't we make fun of it? Norrie only died nothing major. Our player only dived no big deal. Our player only made fun of Shiels losing an eye.

Are you just making things up as you go along?

Where on here has anyone -other than you - made such statements?

Why don’t you try reading what is being written rather than continue to spout utter shite?

13 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

It's only an eye he lost for goodness sake why can't we make fun of it? Norrie only died nothing major. Our player only dived no big deal. Our player only made fun of Shiels losing an eye.

u ok hon?

Edited by ilostmyself

25 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:
55 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

We'd come right back up anyway, who cares. Getting relegated would be a bit embarrassing but it wouldn't cripple the club long term.

I'm glad you think that, However I'm a realist as at the moment we would probably struggle to beat Raith or Ayr United, Add to that lower wages, lower crowds, less revenue, No it wouldn't cripple us, But it would certainly put us back a few years and certainly wouldn't say we would just come straight back up.