The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Good point.

I think we get to keep you if we win in Grangemouth in April?

2 wins a piece so far and that's how it works.....well in Dunfermline

Hopefully it's just the red card score you win

11 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I cannot believe the reaction from some of our fans regarding our 3 new players

FFS, it was their first game. Do you not think we should be giving new players some time before slaughtering them.

I thought that Nelson and Robson did ok in the 1st half before fading badly, and it wasn't an ideal game to be coming into to be fair to them.  Welsh looked off the pace throughout (although he was unlucky with his effort in the 2nd half) and clearly needs minutes on the pitch.

Hopefully they'll get better in time as you say.

Edited by Savage Animal

Sorry for bring this back up guys  
I don't use twitter but, apparently there's a falkirk fan posting pictures and naming some of the guys throwing things? 
This guy is clearly painting a target on himself if true and,  should be applauded for trying to root out these morons that are blackening his clubs good name in this manner.  

In a way, fair play to him for doing something about it as being publicly shamed is the least these wee fuds deserve. But at the same time it’s not exactly this guy’s place, if he knows anyone involved he should be passing that on to the police.

1 hour ago, Savage Animal said:

I thought that Nelson and Robson did ok in the 1st half before fading badly, and it wasn't an ideal game to be coming into to be fair to them.  Welsh looked off the pace throughout (although he was unlucky with his effort in the 2nd half) and clearly needs minutes on the pitch.

Hopefully they'll get better in time as you say.

I thought Robson was excellent all game to be honest and never stopped foraging forward. Nelson fell out the game when we changed formation  after the second goal. Welsh looks a player but needs match practice and needs to be in the middle with someone who can do all the dirty work.  Hartley got it badly wrong with him in front of the back 4 and Taiwo at inside right.

1 minute ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Do you guys want to keep longridge? I’ll drive him back through if needed.

I genuinely don't know if I want him to stay. 

He's incredibly frustrating, 100% work rate and at times he looks like the best player on the park then absolutely nothing will come of it.

Is that his loan expired then?

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

I genuinely don't know if I want him to stay. 

He's incredibly frustrating, 100% work rate and at times he looks like the best player on the park then absolutely nothing will come of it.

Is that his loan expired then?

He reminds me of Craigen in so far as he's either been a hit or a miss when he's played.  I can't question his work-rate though.

12 hours ago, Buddie Holly said:

he was abused but he wasn't racially abused and he admitted that himself after the game.

Totally inaccurate Holly as I had the dubious privilege of sitting in the main stand at Love Street due to being hosted as part of local hospitality. I was personally enraged by the monkey noises which actually came from the standing area in front of main stand and actually let my host a Saints Season Ticket Holder know my feelings about the outrageous racial abuse Ritchie suffered that afternoon.

Don't let selective memory and hearsay get in the way of the truth Holly

I wonder if all this negative publicity is likely to have an effect on our signing targets?  Anytime I've changed jobs, I've always done a wee bit of research into the new place, and I'm sure footballers are the same, so is it possible that some may be put  off joining us because of the actions of these few morons? 

As well as this, the recent publicity cant be good for any future sponsorhip or commercial deals which can only have an adverse affect on our finances? 

14 minutes ago, some_guy said:

I wonder if all this negative publicity is likely to have an effect on our signing targets?  Anytime I've changed jobs, I've always done a wee bit of research into the new place, and I'm sure footballers are the same, so is it possible that some may be put  off joining us because of the actions of these few morons? 

As well as this, the recent publicity cant be good for any future sponsorhip or commercial deals which can only have an adverse affect on our finances? 

I'd argue that the current team being utter shite at football is a bigger turn-off for potential signings tbf.