The Falkirk FC Thread

There's c***s on each side of it, it shouldn't tar the club and the rest of their fans though. There's having a laugh at games, and on here where we all 'hate' each other and have our bit of banter and it's all a laugh at the end of the day. Then there's the folk that genuinely want to go out their way and do the worst things imaginable. 

I might have a go at Falkirk and their fans and call them a diddy team here and there ([emoji3]) but there's 100% a good amount of you lot that are good guys and at the end of the day a good laugh here. It goes without saying that the folk that go out of their way to cause the hassle that's already been dragged up aren't really fans of any team whatsoever. It'd be wrong and disrespectful to Falkirk and their fans to link what happened at the weekend to fans who support their local team weekly when they could easily just go on and watch one of the ugly twins from Glasgow.

Well said and that's from a c**t.

I wonder how many points Dunfermline will be deducted and when we'll get an apology from them .....
https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/crime/chef-in-hot-water-over-racist-gestures-towards-footballer-1-4652963

This is seriously pathetic. This isn’t about point scoring. Why are Falkirk fans so intent on justifying this, by pointing out other cases of unacceptable behaviour?

That Dunfermline fan is just as bad, I agree. But that’s a separate incident. Doesn’t justify what happened yesterday, just as what happened yesterday, or in any previous matches, doesn’t justify that man’s behaviour. These are completely separate issues that shouldn’t be used at all to try and defend yesterday. So many others bringing up Rangers, Celtic and now some St Mirren incident in a completely different era? Seriously, anyone that’s engaging in this whataboutery really needs to get a grip.

That fan in the article you posted is being dealt with, it’s in the hands of the police. Hopefully he gets more than just a banning order. Let’s hope the same happens to the fans involved yesterday. People like that (both incidents and any similar incidents) have no place in society, never mind in a football stadium. Please stop using these incidents as some form of justification of yesterday.

Also, those expecting/asking for a points deduction are foolish. After the Hibs cup final, the SFA announced that they can’t punish clubs for fan behaviour. They can not enforce strict liability on clubs, for fan behaviour.

However, Falkirk fans had made clear of intent to abuse Shiels yesterday - on here and on social media. I hope any of you who spoke about Minion outfits/masks aren’t surprised to hear from your club and/or the police about yesterday’s events, as you’ve shown intent to commit a disability hate crime (which is what the police are calling it), at a football match where one actually occurred.

I do feel like Falkirk could have done more to prevent this. They haven’t even released a statement condoning their players’ actions. Nor did they appeal these bans, suggesting they accepted the outcome of the tribunals. But their lack of action has certainly contributed to things reaching this stage. Yesterday’s statement was all you could have asked for, but it’s about a month too late. But that’s not enough ‘evidence’ to enforce any sort of fine against them.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Wtf is that shit?

Every team has c***s, on here you have a laugh but c***s that cause trouble aren’t fans of any team and it’s wrong to say what happened was done by Falkirk fans because they support Falkirk and don’t travel to Glasgow!!!

XS15LBR.gif

Think the brief of it was that, there are many many more Falkirk fans that are genuine and decent folk. They're being tarred with the same brush as those that acted in a completely unacceptable way. It would be unfair to punish a club, and therefore their fans for the actions of a few people who can barely be regarded as fans of the team given they knew what they were doing. 

I have a lot of respect for people who support their local team, and as such help on their local community rather than buying into the 'glory hunting' of the Old Firm. I've very little to no respect for Rangers/Celtic fans from Livingston given the fact there's a good team on their doorstep that they're neglecting. This of course extends to local fans of clubs around the country

Edited by ATLIS

Idiots ! the lot of them if they thought it was funny or acceptable with the false eyes being thrown.  Don't bother turning up in future.

Remember Richard Caddette getting racial abuse from Dunfermline fans at one of their home gaames.  To the credit of the many decent Par fans who support their local team, it was them the named and shamed those responsible .

Falkirk fans should do likewise.

I doubt many will be well known to falkirk regulars to be honest. As i said previously east end is probably their only two away trips of the season . Maybe Dundee being another. They'll spend most of their saturdays playing pool in a pub.

I’m not quite sure that is accurate tbh. I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I’d be pretty confident of recognising a good few of the fans responsible. I’m assuming it’s the JG shuttle boys and it was around 15 or so of them up at Inverness in November singing about Shiels and Norrie.

FWIW I really hope all those involved in this are caught and punished for their actions.

Good statement from the club as well. I agree it probably should’ve came out after that Inverness game but still it’s good to see them finally taking a stand against it and hopefully we can get all this and the Norrie shite to f**k. Banter and having a rivalry is one thing but there’s no need for shite like that.

Nonsense.
Players are subject to disciplinary proceedings from the governing body under existing rules.
There are no rules to punish clubs for the behaviour of their fans in domestic football.
And even if there were (if Strict Liability had been brought in) the governing body would have had to prove that Falkirk were negligent by allowing it to happen.
How exactly do you prevent this happening? Full body search for every single fan who enters the ground?

Correct me if I am wrong here but if Strict Liability did come in its Dunfermline’s ground staff so their club who could be liable?

Correct me if I am wrong here but if Strict Liability did come in its Dunfermline’s ground staff so their club who could be liable?

I could be wrong, but I think strict liability is in relation to clubs being responsible for the behaviour of their fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dunfermline do receive some sort of fine for not taking appropriate measures to prevent these items being taken into the ground. Guys clearly got in with bags/pockets full of them, which suggests real negligence of duties by police/stewards.

Certainly, when we travel to Falkirk, a lot of fans are searched before entering the stadium. I don’t know if that was the case yesterday, for Falkirk fans or not.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Sadly you are right that DAFC could end up carrying the can for this. Our stewards should have prevented things being thrown onto the park. 

Personally I think action will be only taken if the cctv footage can identify anyone throwing things onto the park, otherwise it'll be some more statements  

Here's hoping our fans don't keep this going when we next come to Grangemouth. 

I could be wrong, but I think strict liability is in relation to clubs being responsible for the behaviour of their fans. I wouldn’t be surprised if Dunfermline do receive some sort of fine for not taking appropriate measures to prevent these items being taken into the ground. Guys clearly got in with bags/pockets full of them, which suggests real negligence of duties by police/stewards.

Certainly, when we travel to Falkirk, a lot of fans are searched before entering the stadium. I don’t know if that was the case yesterday, for Falkirk fans or not.
Stewards will search for the likes of smoke bombs. They won't however search every fan and make them turn out pockets etc. as this would take forever. Given the size of the items thrown yesterday they would have to be very lucky to find them as they would have been easy to conceal.

Good to hear on STV news that both clubs are working with Police to try and identify those responsible from CCTV. They are the ones who should be held accountable, not the clubs.

Sadly you are right that DAFC could end up carrying the can for this. Our stewards should have prevented things being thrown onto the park. 
Personally I think action will be only taken if the cctv footage can identify anyone throwing things onto the park, otherwise it'll be some more statements  
Here's hoping our fans don't keep this going when we next come to Grangemouth. 

Which shows how ludicrous this is getting.

Fining either club does not remove the problem and actually I don’t think either club could have done more.

I am sure when stewards are searching its for things like weapons or flares. From what I could see a distance away these eyeballs looked like and were as light as bottle tops so unlikely to be taken for anything dangerous.