The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The stewards and police were initially searching everyone however about 2.55pm it was very heavy rain so they stopped to get people in the ground quicker to ease fans discomfort. Aye the police and stewards could have done but the fault is with our fans who through the items on the pitch. Sad thing is they will get banning orders and be proud of it.

I'm in no way blaming the stewards. I'm simply pointing out that under the current rules its pretty easy for Falkirk to prove that they had done everything in their power to prevent this happening as we had no control over the stewarding.

Not got much to add other than feeling sorry for the loyal Falkirk fans that are proud of their club and of their town having to watch this unfold via the national press.  Would be good if it could be used to set a new precedent about what is acceptable behavior at football matches but I wont hold my breath.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Lot of sad shite going on here ranging from whataboutery from Falkirk fans through to point scoring/"Real Falkirk fans huv tae condemn this" and a clamour for a points deduction clearly not rooted in any sort of concern for Dean Shiels.

Falkirk have made a statement that is satisfactory to me as a fan who doesnt throw fake eyeballs about. Falkirk and Dunfermline will now set about working to identify and punish (withing their capabilities) those responsible. I am sure they will also report thier findings to the police.

Quite why I or any other Falkirk fan should look to do more than that is beyond me, and more puzzling is why in case many on here profess to find abhorrent, some people are desperate to give oxygen to it.

Fair play to most of the Dunfermline fans who said their piece yesterday and seem to want to move on. Some others are revelling in this and need to take a wee look at themselves.

Just can't help yourselves! 

Dean Shiels is abused "every week" by supporters in Scottish football, according to the Dunfermline Athletic midfielder's father, Kenny Shiels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42554822

Clearly every club in Scotland should have a points deduction according to Kenny Shiels.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You just know the SPFL will hammer us for this. What did Hibs and Rangers get punishment wise for the cup final pitch battle as that might give us an idea of what to expect.

If the 8 and 4 game bans are anything to go by surely we should be looking at a ten million pound fine and demotion to the East junior leagues. That sounds about fair.

Image result for wtf gif

Well the eyeball chuckers have got what they wanted,,,,,,,,attention, they don't go to watch football, do they ?,,, nope, they go for a carry on and this latest wheeze has played right into their barrow, headlines, nationwide condemnation etc etc and as such they don't have  FFC's best interests at heart so the term " Falkirk fans " cannot be applied, rather they were local dicks who happened to attend a football match with the specific intention to cause bother just as a minority attend demonstrations intent on trouble.

Of course it doesn't help when our players engaged in the baiting which served as a catalyst for it, they should know better, any hoo it's a distraction we can do with out, how many games should PH now have before he gets punted, six ? twelve ? or give him to the end of the season to see if we can avoid relegation/ play offs, we are fast approaching the tipping point where a purple patch second half of the season would have us in contention for promotion.

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42554822

Clearly every club in Scotland should have a points deduction according to Kenny Shiels.

Interesting to notice he specifically mentions St Mirren in the article.

Given how they "welcomed" Richard Cadette to their hovel, this revelation might make one or two buddies in this thread pipe doon a bit.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Given how they "welcomed" Richard Cadette to their hovel, this revelation might make one or two buddies in this thread pipe doon a bit.

go on then,how did we "welcome" him?

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Really?

Look at those fans who were in the wrong over 20 years ago.

Nice try to draw attention from your moronic supporters.

You're a c**t.

I probably am but I still feel that my club shouldn't be punished for this.

I have stated elsewhere on P&B that the behaviour of the c***s who threw the items was absolutely disgusting and if they get life bans or are pursued through the courts then good enough for them.

I just don't agree with any football club being fined, having points deductions or what ever other sanction the powers that be deem necessary because of the behaviour of mindless idiots who allegedly call themselves fans.

I also don't see what Falkirk FC could have done to prevent this at an away ground. In my time following football I have only ever known Celtic and Rangers sending stewards to away grounds to assist with the policing of their fans.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Huh uh, we've had a few fans fined and banned for a few things over the years.

You're going to have to be very, very specific about what this actually has to do with the incidents yesterday though.

Maybe the  fact that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

There's c***s on each side of it, it shouldn't tar the club and the rest of their fans though. There's having a laugh at games, and on here where we all 'hate' each other and have our bit of banter and it's all a laugh at the end of the day. Then there's the folk that genuinely want to go out their way and do the worst things imaginable. 

I might have a go at Falkirk and their fans and call them a diddy team here and there (:D) but there's 100% a good amount of you lot that are good guys and at the end of the day a good laugh here. It goes without saying that the folk that go out of their way to cause the hassle that's already been dragged up aren't really fans of any team whatsoever. It'd be wrong and disrespectful to Falkirk and their fans to link what happened at the weekend to fans who support their local team weekly when they could easily just go on and watch one of the ugly twins from Glasgow.