The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Agreed,  was going to ask, is there CCTV facing the fans in the away end? It might be quite hard to find them anyway, doesnt really take a lot of motion to throw a wee bouncy ball.

I know of an incident recently where our of our fans was done for letting off a smoke bomb at an away ground. The person was easily picked out afterwards on CCTV, despite being a "loan wolf" and there being no prior bad behaviour from them to give an indication as to what they were about to do.

In a match like that, with a high likelihood of some form of incident, I imagine the crowd were being monitored very closely by the cameras. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the culprits were already known. Given that throwing missiles onto the pitch is a criminal offence I suspect a few folk will be getting a knock on the door from mr plod during the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

A bid unfair the responses you are receiving.  I understand where you are coming from, and definitely agree.  These idiots should be brave enough to come forward.  Some really disgusting photos.

Every Falkirk fan on here (even if nothing to do with what happened), should, as they represent Falkirk FC, show remorse at what has happened.

Simply mentioning the Bigoted two, or providing another excuse at where an incident has been washed under the carpet is not good enough.

This is not the 70s/80s where certain things were brushed under the carpet (non football related incidents), and have been exposed in the media over the last few years.

This is 2018.  We must learn from mistakes from earlier generations, or football, like other things, will not move forward. This is for every club, but just now, it is our club in the spotlight, and we must deal with this in a proper manner.

Mistakes have been made.  As some poster said, doesn't matter if 1 or 100%, there are morons out there, who if you know who they are report them to Dunfermline FC.  I'm sure you will be able to anonymously.

We have to weed out these individuals who are imposters of the game, are irrelevant little children lacking in empathy, and lack basic morals and love.

Where are the disgusting photos ?

There will be CCTV footage and some people will be in trouble. The Police will know what section of our support were involved but just wanted them in and out of Dunfermline asap to avoid further trouble.

"Every Falkirk fan on here (even if nothing to do with what happened), should, as they represent Falkirk FC, show remorse at what has happened".

Why on earth should I "show remorse" for the immature actions of a few wee wallopers who happen to support the same football team as me?

The Scottish Professional Football League will review the match delegate's report before deciding whether or not to take disciplinary action against Falkirk for the behaviour of their fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42557080

Any precedent for the SPFL doing this?

You just know the SPFL will hammer us for this. What did Hibs and Rangers get punishment wise for the cup final pitch battle as that might give us an idea of what to expect.

If the 8 and 4 game bans are anything to go by surely we should be looking at a ten million pound fine and demotion to the East junior leagues. That sounds about fair.

You just know the SPFL will hammer us for this. What did Hibs and Rangers get punishment wise for the cup final pitch battle as that might give us an idea of what to expect.

If the 8 and 4 game bans are anything to go by surely we should be looking at a ten million pound fine and demotion to the East junior leagues. That sounds about fair.
Yeah, Falkirk are the victimsed party here.

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The SPFL don't run the Scottish Cup, champ.

32 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You're a c**t.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Think that you are being particularly harsh on our new left back who defended well and looked keen to get forward.

Agreed, thought he was best of the three and looks like he can actually defend.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SPFL don't run the Scottish Cup, champ.

No they don't but we've had far worse levels of abuse prevalent at other spfl games for example the old firm and the governing body was unable to do anything about it due to the current laws.  Until the laws are changed so that clubs have strict liability for the behaviour of their fans all that Falkirk have to do is say that they couldnt have done anything to prevent this from happening.  The fact is that with the fixture being at Dunfermline  I dont know what we could've done as it was the Dunfermline stewards who obviously missed the offending items when frisking people on the way in.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No they don't but we've had far worse levels of abuse prevalent at other spfl games for example the old firm and the governing body was unable to do anything about it due to the current laws.  Until the laws are changed so that clubs have strict liability for the behaviour of their fans all that Falkirk have to do is say that they couldnt have done anything to prevent this from happening.  The fact is that with the fixture being at Dunfermline  I dont know what we could've done as it was the Dunfermline stewards who obviously missed the offending items when frisking people on the way in.

The stewards and police were initially searching everyone however about 2.55pm it was very heavy rain so they stopped to get people in the ground quicker to ease fans discomfort. Aye the police and stewards could have done but the fault is with our fans who through the items on the pitch. Sad thing is they will get banning orders and be proud of it.

15 minutes ago, smpar said:

Shadwell is absolutely DESPERATE to remind everyone that other fans have been naughty before Falkirk fans.

Quite upsetting, really.

No I'm DESPERATELY reminding everyone  that their is no precedent for punishing clubs  whose fans have misbehaved.