The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I know. Falkirk cannot be - financially or otherwise - punished for the actions of a section of our support yesterday.

End of story.

You mean , like the two players , who missed 8 and 4 games , who couldn't possibly be punished for their obnoxious actions as it wasn't seen by the ref or officials , but were reported by an opposing club source after the match ? Your cub's in hot water here , probably due to the subject matter , no type of punishment is off the table !

Genuine question for any Falkirk fan who was there yesterday, was it clear that the pocket of idiots were throwing fake eyeballs at the time, or did it only become apparent what had been thrown once it had been reported online etc.?

Coins were thrown at Higginbotham last time we faced DAFC, so I just assumed it was that again.

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

You mean , like the two players , who missed 8 and 4 games , who couldn't possibly be punished for their obnoxious actions as it wasn't seen by the ref or officials , but were reported by an opposing club source after the match ? Your cub's in hot water here , probably due to the subject matter , no type of punishment is off the table !

See my previous post.

How the players were punished is completely irrelevant.

It's OK to just say "Some of our fans are scumbags, and what they did was horrible", you know.  Nobody will think it makes you any less of a Falkirk fan.

Seem to always quote you. Why after a situation like this is there always a clamour for fans to condemn supporters of the same team. The same thing happened with Dunfermline’s gay/racist stuff and Hibs-Rangers pitch invasion. Just because I happen to support the same team as a bunch of idiots doesn’t mean I have to condemn or agree with them, I barely give a f**k.

On the game I thought we played okay but if your keeper has a shocker you’ll always struggle. The new signings were fine with Robson looking the best. It was clear Welsh hadn’t played competitively in 10(?) months and shouldn’t have played 90 minutes. Lastly Sibbs is a beautiful man.

The two players were punished (and rightly so) for their actions on the pitch in line with SPFL rules about player conduct. No such rules currently exist to punish clubs for their fans actions.

You're really not getting this, are you?

Just now, billyg said:

Nonsense.

Players are subject to disciplinary proceedings from the governing body under existing rules.

There are no rules to punish clubs for the behaviour of their fans in domestic football.

And even if there were (if Strict Liability had been brought in) the governing body would have had to prove that Falkirk were negligent by allowing it to happen.

How exactly do you prevent this happening? Full body search for every single fan who enters the ground?

Coins were thrown at Higginbotham last time we faced DAFC, so I just assumed it was that again.
On the stream I assumed it was coins aswell, I did find it weird that Collum didn't seem interested, I asked around later though and he just wanted that game done with no drama, and while the fake eyeballs are quite vile they're probably less likely to damage you than a coin/golf ball. All the referee can do is speak to a G4S punter and then remove the players if he feels they're in danger.
I thought they were golf balls.
That's probably worse.

30 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Genuine question for any Falkirk fan who was there yesterday, was it clear that the pocket of idiots were throwing fake eyeballs at the time, or did it only become apparent what had been thrown once it had been reported online etc.?

From where I was sitting I could see that they were bouncy balls, it didnt take a lot to figure out that they were probably fake eyes. I did think it was very strange that the police and also the stewards didnt do anything at the time as theyre were plenty of them near to the direction they were being flung onto the pitch.

I can't help feeling that your best not giving these guys the publicity they were obviously seeking in the first place for doing this.  Pished up young neds , day out at the fitba doing something stupid at the game . Its been happening for years at fitba and I doubt it will stop any time soon as long as we keep on giving them their 5 mins of fame in the papers etc.  Best way to deal with these things has always been to ignore them totally and they soon lose interest.

Ah, a friend for BrazilianLex.

Totally agree. Was there yesterday and the eyes all came from the same direction. I was surprised the police and stewards done nothing about it at the time.
I'll be very surprised if the people doing it are not caught on CCTV though.

From where I was sitting I could see that they were bouncy balls, it didnt take a lot to figure out that they were probably fake eyes. I did think it was very strange that the police and also the stewards didnt do anything at the time as theyre were plenty of them near to the direction they were being flung onto the pitch.

While what they were doing was despicable it wasn't endangering anyone, if there's a sizable amount of people I'd like to think the police/stewards were taking a note of who was throwing what, and in turn asking the cctv to get an adequate photograph of them. Trying to remove people from the stadium en masse would've been quite difficult and probably lead to the likelihood of resistance.

17 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Seem to always quote you. Why after a situation like this is there always a clamour for fans to condemn supporters of the same team. The same thing happened with Dunfermline’s gay/racist stuff and Hibs-Rangers pitch invasion. Just because I happen to support the same team as a bunch of idiots doesn’t mean I have to condemn or agree with them, I barely give a f**k.

I didn't create any clamour for anyone to do anything.  I didn't direct even a tiny bit of criticism at any Falkirk fan who has stayed quiet about this  - when it's an incident like this it's pretty clear that the vast majority of people will consider it abhorrent, and I don't see any need to always express that belief.

However, the guy I responded to was actively discussing the topic, and was indulging in some world class whataboutery.  In that case, it seemed reasonable to point out that other people doing bad things doesn't make it any less unacceptable for fans of your own team to do so.

1 hour ago, oot_the_loop said:

Can someone get in touch with dean shiels to nominate a charity/organisation that has helped him, and if any of the p***ks who thought throwing fake eyes or pound coins was funny, they can show some humility, maturity and repentance by throwing some cash into a bucket at the next ffc v dafc game.

A bid unfair the responses you are receiving.  I understand where you are coming from, and definitely agree.  These idiots should be brave enough to come forward.  Some really disgusting photos.

Every Falkirk fan on here (even if nothing to do with what happened), should, as they represent Falkirk FC, show remorse at what has happened.

Simply mentioning the Bigoted two, or providing another excuse at where an incident has been washed under the carpet is not good enough.

This is not the 70s/80s where certain things were brushed under the carpet (non football related incidents), and have been exposed in the media over the last few years.

This is 2018.  We must learn from mistakes from earlier generations, or football, like other things, will not move forward. This is for every club, but just now, it is our club in the spotlight, and we must deal with this in a proper manner.

Mistakes have been made.  As some poster said, doesn't matter if 1 or 100%, there are morons out there, who if you know who they are report them to Dunfermline FC.  I'm sure you will be able to anonymously.

We have to weed out these individuals who are imposters of the game, are irrelevant little children lacking in empathy, and lack basic morals and love.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

While what they were doing was despicable it wasn't endangering anyone, if there's a sizable amount of people I'd like to think the police/stewards were taking a note of who was throwing what, and in turn asking the cctv to get an adequate photograph of them. Trying to remove people from the stadium en masse would've been quite difficult and probably lead to the likelihood of resistance.

Agreed,  was going to ask, is there CCTV facing the fans in the away end? It might be quite hard to find them anyway, doesnt really take a lot of motion to throw a wee bouncy ball.

I didn't create any clamour for anyone to do anything.  I didn't direct even a tiny bit of criticism at any Falkirk fan who has stayed quiet about this  - when it's an incident like this it's pretty clear that the vast majority of people will consider it abhorrent, and I don't see any need to always express that belief.
However, the guy I responded to was actively discussing the topic, and was indulging in some world class whataboutery.  In that case, it seemed reasonable to point out that other people doing bad things doesn't make it any less unacceptable for fans of your own team to do so.

Ah, I had thought it was more of a general statement due to nobody being quoted. A call to Falkirk fans to stand up against it. My mistake.

Of course but then you could say the same for every club in Scotland virtually.  You actually find that a lot of fans that behave in that way only come out the woodwork for games like this and sit in the pub most Saturdays during the football season.

Good effort for cramming in “other clubs done bad stuff” and “not real fans” into a fairly short post.
Agreed,  was going to ask, is there CCTV facing the fans in the away end? It might be quite hard to find them anyway, doesnt really take a lot of motion to throw a wee bouncy ball.

I’d imagine there’ll be CCTV in each stand. Would be strange not to.