The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Yeah,  not happening.

Of course , the powers that be may feel it's a foolhardy punishment , when you're finishing 2nd bottom anyway. Heard Hartley's new boys looked the part yesterday ! :lol:

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Of course , the powers that be may feel it's a foolhardy punishment , when you're finishing 2nd bottom anyway. Heard Hartley's new boys looked the part yesterday ! :lol:

They did okay actually. Just a pity their still surrounded by some real duds left over by Houston.

It's OK to just say "Some of our fans are scumbags, and what they did was horrible", you know.  Nobody will think it makes you any less of a Falkirk fan.

Totally agree. There seems to be a perverse mentality amongst some football fans in general and my club at the moment that any form of criticism, even if something as abhorrent is an act of betrayal or disloyalty.

For me it is simple, those that carried this out don’t support any club that I associate with. They are not fans or supporters, they need to be rooted out and banned.

Also fed up hearing some try to excuse or justify their actions. Claiming that it is ‘banter’, or that ‘they’ started it or that ‘other’ clubs do likewise. Also that those that find this offensive are just the easily offended. Total bullshit. It was a shameful act and in my opinion anyone that defends or it is part of the issue.

The club statement was a good one but too little to late and should have been made after the SFA proceedings were completed initially . However I think regardless the statement will not make a difference to those involved as this type of behaviour is entrenched in a small minority who seem to live for this type of hate filled shit.

Sadly this incident will just escalate what was once a fairly harmless rivalry into more hate.

Although the FFC players should be given credit for taking direct action to stop it by ensuring we won’t be playing each other next year.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

Care to provide prior examples of Scottish clubs having points deducted for crowd behaviour?

It's about as rare as players being suspended for mocking a fellow player for having one eye !

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Horrendous behaviour from some of our so called fans yesterday, absolutely vile. Hopefully both clubs can work with the police, get the CCTV viewed and get them identified. I love banter/rivalry but this is neither.

As if this clusterfuck of a season couldn't get any worse.

Totally agree. Was there yesterday and the eyes all came from the same direction. I was surprised the police and stewards done nothing about it at the time.

I'll be very surprised if the people doing it are not caught on CCTV though.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

A 'no, there haven't been any' would have sufficed tbh.

Who knows ? your club won't be getting away with it , that's for sure . So put away the prayer mat !

Genuine question for any Falkirk fan who was there yesterday, was it clear that the pocket of idiots were throwing fake eyeballs at the time, or did it only become apparent what had been thrown once it had been reported online etc.?

Just now, HibsFan said:

Genuine question for any Falkirk fan who was there yesterday, was it clear that the pocket of idiots were throwing fake eyeballs at the time, or did it only become apparent what had been thrown once it had been reported online etc.?

I thought it was scrunched up balls of paper from where I was sitting. I had no idea it was eyeballs.

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Who knows ? your club won't be getting away with it , that's for sure . So put away the prayer mat !

I know. Falkirk cannot be - financially or otherwise - punished for the actions of a section of our support yesterday.

End of story.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Unless you were right next to the neds in question it was impossible to tell what they were throwing on.  

I thought they were golf balls.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I thought it was bouncy balls. Missiles thrown on the pitch is illegal though and shocked the police and stewards did not do more to stop it.

As I said before it should be easy to spot who done it fr9m CCTV and issue them with banning orders.

I sincerely hope that Falkirk are working with DAFC and the police to identify and ban those involved as that sort of behaviour completely abhorrent and has no place in our club.

But what you've said above is complete conjecture. As we haven't adopted Strict Liability in Scotland, there are no real means to punish the clubs for the actions of their fans, so even a fine is unlikely.