The Falkirk FC Thread

Horrendous behaviour from some of our so called fans yesterday, absolutely vile. Hopefully both clubs can work with the police, get the CCTV viewed and get them identified. I love banter/rivalry but this is neither.

As if this clusterfuck of a season couldn't get any worse.

34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Wasn't particularly impressed with any of the signings yesterday, would imagine they'll take time to get up to speed but all three were ineffective.

Think that you are being particularly harsh on our new left back who defended well and looked keen to get forward.

9 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

it doesn't matter if it was 1,50 or 2000.your fans are a disgrace .i look forward to your club being hammered by the authorities.

Won't happen. 

If they punish falkirk for this kind behaviour then, they'll need to deal with the bigot bothers. We all know they won't say a word about that pair. 

Edited by P475

6 minutes ago, P475 said:

Won't happen. 

If they punish falkirk for this kind behaviour then, they'll need to deal with the bigot bothers. We all know they won't say a word about that pair. 

Correct. Far worse happens every old firm game and you only have to look at how they dealt with the Scottish Cup final between Hibs and Rangers which was brushed under the carpet as they had no power to do anything. 

I can't help feeling that your best not giving these guys the publicity they were obviously seeking in the first place for doing this.  Pished up young neds , day out at the fitba doing something stupid at the game . Its been happening for years at fitba and I doubt it will stop any time soon as long as we keep on giving them their 5 mins of fame in the papers etc.  Best way to deal with these things has always been to ignore them totally and they soon lose interest.

But this wasn’t a spur of the moment decision, whilst fuelled with alcohol, was it? It’s not like, in the heat of the moment, they found somewhere in the stand to buy these fake eyes. These were purchased in advance, in order to go to a football match and mock a disabled man at his place of work.

Why should the media ignore this? I don’t know of any other one-eyed professional players. It’s clearly very rare. Can you please point me in the direction of any evidence that abusing the disabled has “been happening for years at fitba”?

Dean Shiels should be someone that children with similar problems can look up to, and give them some belief that they can achieve their dreams. If incidents like this are dealt with appropriately, it shows that they have the support of the media, SFA, police etc. If incidents like this are ignored, it will probably put these kids off of trying to play in professional football, as they will be subjected to discrimination and given no support or backing.

Also, throwing the fake eyes may have been a small minority, but there were a lot of Falkirk fans singing about Dean Shiels having one eye, mocking his disability. Fans in all sections were getting involved in that. Why do you think that was acceptable? Let’s face it, things like that have certainly encouraged these morons with the fake eyes, to think they’re behaviour is acceptable. Even after these started getting thrown on the pitch, there was a good chunk of the away end joining in this song. Have a word with yourselves. If you joined in with that mockery, you’re part of the problem.

19 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Not going to happen. 

You hope ! You're club's playing staff has already been punished for the same reason , it wouldn't surprise me if the club was now taken to task for not getting the seriousness of the message over to the support. If the club are not in a position to play a sizeable fine , then a points deduction should be the answer !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

You hope ! You're club's playing staff has already been punished for the same reason , it wouldn't surprise me if the club was now taken to task for not getting the seriousness of the message over to the support. If the club are not in a position to play a sizeable fine , then a points deduction should be the answer !

Good idea. 

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

But this wasn’t a spur of the moment decision, whilst fuelled with alcohol, was it? It’s not like, in the heat of the moment, they found somewhere in the stand to buy these fake eyes. These were purchased in advance, in order to go to a football match and mock a disabled man at his place of work.

Why should the media ignore this? I don’t know of any other one-eyed professional players. It’s clearly very rare. Can you please point me in the direction of any evidence that abusing the disabled has “been happening for years at fitba”?

Dean Shiels should be someone that children with similar problems can look up to, and give them some belief that they can achieve their dreams. If incidents like this are dealt with appropriately, it shows that they have the support of the media, SFA, police etc. If incidents like this are ignored, it will probably put these kids off of trying to play in professional football, as they will be subjected to discrimination and given no support or backing.

Also, throwing the fake eyes may have been a small minority, but there were a lot of Falkirk fans singing about Dean Shiels having one eye, mocking his disability. Fans in all sections were getting involved in that. Why do you think that was acceptable? Let’s face it, things like that have certainly encouraged these morons with the fake eyes, to think they’re behaviour is acceptable. Even after these started getting thrown on the pitch, there was a good chunk of the away end joining in this song. Have a word with yourselves. If you joined in with that mockery, you’re part of the problem.

Are you having a laugh? Fans have been using anything they can to abuse players for years. Whether its been ginger hair, fat, ugly, religion, race, personal issues , disabilities. This isn't a one off.  Doesn't make it right of course not but fans will continue to abuse players for one reason or another at every game this season.  And why would it put anyone off playing football for a living. If anyone said to me you can get well paid for being a footballer the only real negative is neds shouting abuse at you then id have no qualms with that.  I still cant understand why players get so wound up  about it to be honest.  All sorts of rubbish gets shouted at games a lot of it by folk that wouldn't dream of doing it in every day life. Whilst I'm not condoning that if I was a footballer I'd realise that and just ignore all that pish . Getting paid for playing a game would more than make up for it.  I'm in no way saying this should be ignored but I'd rather just see the culprits dealt with by the authorities and police without giving them their 5 mins of fame on the tv and papers.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's OK to just say "Some of our fans are scumbags, and what they did was horrible", you know.  Nobody will think it makes you any less of a Falkirk fan.

Of course but then you could say the same for every club in Scotland virtually.  You actually find that a lot of fans that behave in that way only come out the woodwork for games like this and sit in the pub most Saturdays during the football season.

Can someone get in touch with dean shiels to nominate a charity/organisation that has helped him, and if any of the p***ks who thought throwing fake eyes or pound coins was funny, they can show some humility, maturity and repentance by throwing some cash into a bucket at the next ffc v dafc game.

4 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

Can someone get in touch with dean shiels to nominate a charity/organisation that has helped him, and if any of the p***ks who thought throwing fake eyes or pound coins was funny, they can show some humility, maturity and repentance by throwing some cash into a bucket at the next ffc v dafc game.

Ever so slightly naive.

Save the Pars buckets should be still on the go?

43 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yeah,  not happening.