The Falkirk FC Thread

57 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to all this, and have decided to join. I've been viewing posts on p&b for many years and have been supporting Falkirk for longer.

Personally, our current crop are the worst I've seen.

We lost our most influential and creative player in John Baird (I know some will disagree) in the summer. His last season he didnt score as many as we expected, but he created chances, plenty of lay offs, and dragged defenders creating space for others. Id have him back in a heart beat.

Hartley imo lacks man management skills, and is more like a second hand car dealer. Hopefully he can ship out the old bangers, and bring some shiny new ones to the forecourt. His turnaround of players is astranomical, however he did make some serious money with the reselling of the two from Cowdenbeath, and Bain was a good signing also. He does seem to have the tendency to fall out with players. Is he coming across as a Billy Big Time. If so, I can see why the players would be like that.

Anyway, we have to get behind the 11 on the park no matter who they are. Someone like John Sutton on 18 month deal is exactly who we should be going for. Get us out our current situation, and help us next season.

Stennie have a few young players coming through, and their midfield is certainly stronger than ours. Id prefer we took a punt on some young midfielders with hunger in the lower leagues, or someone who has played in the Scottish Premiership with something to prove.

We have some farcical diddies just now. I personally would have given Alex Smith the gig until end of season.

His tactics were spot on in the two games, whereas Hartley has been inept.

Rant over, COYB

lolof1.gif

1 minute ago, Bairnschild said:

Okay, maybe the Stennie Midfield was a slight overreaction.

I'm not looking for bites, but some of you guys replies have made me chuckle.

I do stick by JB comment that we have missed him. Maybe not most influential, but come on folks my first post and I'm hung out to dry.

Don't you listen to them son Baird has at least scored 3 this season, that's more than or entire forward line. The Stenny bit was your downfall. 

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to all this, and have decided to join. I've been viewing posts on p&b for many years and have been supporting Falkirk for longer.

We lost our most influential and creative player in John Baird (I know some will disagree) in the summer. His last season he didnt score as many as we expected, but he created chances, plenty of lay offs, and dragged defenders creating space for others. Id have him back in a heart beat.

Hartley imo lacks man management skills, and is more like a second hand car dealer. Hopefully he can ship out the old bangers, and bring some shiny new ones to the forecourt. His turnaround of players is astranomical, however he did make some serious money with the reselling of the two from Cowdenbeath, and Bain was a good signing also. He does seem to have the tendency to fall out with players. Is he coming across as a Billy Big Time. If so, I can see why the players would be like that.

Anyway, we have to get behind the 11 on the park no matter who they are. Someone like John Sutton on 18 month deal is exactly who we should be going for. Get us out our current situation, and help us next season.

Stennie have a few young players coming through, and their midfield is certainly stronger than ours. Id prefer we took a punt on some young midfielders with hunger in the lower leagues, or someone who has played in the Scottish Premiership with something to prove.

We have some farcical diddies just now. I personally would have given Alex Smith the gig until end of season.

Rant over, COYB

968C5B34-E1A8-4353-A1C5-37A0FE4E3911.gif

15 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Okay, maybe the Stennie Midfield was a slight overreaction.

I'm not looking for bites, but some of you guys replies have made me chuckle.

I do stick by JB comment that we have missed him. Maybe not most influential, but come on folks my first post and I'm hung out to dry.

Fair play to you lad for admitting the Stennie comment was ott.

What I will agree is that although Baird was not the best player, he have 110% every second he was on the pitch.

21 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Won't be Jay as very much part of first team squad but would not be surprised if it is Josh Sheenan 

Only been in first team match squad twice all season, a 26min sub appearance in August and 1min sub appearance tother nite and new manager appointed today.

He is 23 now and out of contract come summer, think we need more dig and pace and tbh I never fully rated him first time but was way surprised to see him do as he has done but he will be 24 next summer and has made 85 first team appearances, whereas Sibbald has 170 and a year younger.

A big fork in his career January onwards

1 hour ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Rant over, COYB

Stop posting now mate, you will never top this classic.

I did think it was a bit weird Austin being brought on in the game the other night and then contract ended so soon afterwards. I wonder if Hartley is planning on doing some kind of apprentice based Ultimatum system between now and the end of the January window. 

"Unless that ball goes in the net Nathan, you're off to Livi"

If so I really hope Mark Kerr is up next

"If we get a single flat flighted free kick to the back post you're out of here"

Hearts and celtic reserves seriously? 
If Hartley goes down that route I'll gladly watch football elsewhere. 

You do know the likes of Scott Allan, Ryan Christie, Jamie Lindsay and Nadir Ciftci are technically Celtic 'reserves' right?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You do know the likes of Scott Allan, Ryan Christie, Jamie Lindsay and Nadir Ciftci are technically Celtic 'reserves' right?

You do know none of the above will be at FFC. 

Forgot to mention any player we have of them will be a loan, that's not helping in the long run. 

Edited by wullie robb
Mistake

You do know none of the above will be at FFC. 
Forgot to mention any player we have of them will be a loan, that's not helping in the long run. 

They are all currently loaned out to other clubs and the vast amount of youngsters tend to come from one or the other of the two arse cheeks.

I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but sometimes dependent on the situation you're in (And yours is pretty grim) you just need to accept your place and it helps you in the long run.

I wish Dundee and our fans did moreso as we'd be better for it too.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

They are all currently loaned out to other clubs and the vast amount of youngsters tend to come from one or the other of the two arse cheeks.

I'm not trying to sound disrespectful, but sometimes dependent on the situation you're in (And yours is pretty grim) you just need to accept your place and it helps you in the long run.

I wish Dundee and our fans did moreso as we'd be better for it too.

Ludo I actually don't think you're being disrespectful the club are where they are for many different reasons. 

You would possibly have Falkirk fans that will agree with what you're saying, but I would rather we try to build with younger players and become a good side again. 

The days of us bringing talent through our academy are over.