The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Maybe shouldn't read too much into the signings of those two though, as both were outwith the window therefore Hartley's options were decidedly more limited then.  Rumours of guys coming in from England, Hearts reserves & Celtic reserves are more like the sort of players we should be at least aiming for. We'll soon see...

Possibly Wales also if Swansea links accurate 

17 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

Maybe shouldn't read too much into the signings of those two though, as both were outwith the window therefore Hartley's options were decidedly more limited then.  Rumours of guys coming in from England, Hearts reserves & Celtic reserves are more like the sort of players we should be at least aiming for. We'll soon see...

Hearts and celtic reserves seriously? 

If Hartley goes down that route I'll gladly watch football elsewhere. 

12 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Anyone else heard Jay Fulton to the end of the season? He’s not what we need imo

Be very surprised if that was the case. He's played quite a few first team games for Swansea over the past season or so and must be on decent wages due to that. I' d take him back in a minute but can' see him getting much out of 6 months with us.

Guest Back Post Misses
Anyone else heard Jay Fulton to the end of the season? He’s not what we need imo

He is not what we could afford but he is exactly what we would need, quality.

34 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Like to think their reserves are of better quality than our current squad 

According to the league table published on the OS Celtic U20's have only played 3 league games all season, they'll all be as rusty as f**k!

On the thread for the QOS game Bridge of Allan Bairn has given a break down of our strike force stats this season and it makes horrific reading.

We are nearly in January and between the 5 of them Austin, Miller, O'Hara, Loy and Shepherd they have scored one goal. That was Austin against St Mirren, first game of the season.

That is rank rotten, if Hartley wants to get rid of the lot of them and bring in others to have a go then fine by me. Crack on Paul you have my backing.
what makes it even more horrific is when I was looking at the stats I realised that Luca gasparotto has still scored more league goals for us this season than loy Miller ohara and longridge combined. let that sink in!

Hi all.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to all this, and have decided to join. I've been viewing posts on p&b for many years and have been supporting Falkirk for longer.

Personally, our current crop are the worst I've seen.

We lost our most influential and creative player in John Baird (I know some will disagree) in the summer. His last season he didnt score as many as we expected, but he created chances, plenty of lay offs, and dragged defenders creating space for others. Id have him back in a heart beat.

Hartley imo lacks man management skills, and is more like a second hand car dealer. Hopefully he can ship out the old bangers, and bring some shiny new ones to the forecourt. His turnaround of players is astranomical, however he did make some serious money with the reselling of the two from Cowdenbeath, and Bain was a good signing also. He does seem to have the tendency to fall out with players. Is he coming across as a Billy Big Time. If so, I can see why the players would be like that.

Anyway, we have to get behind the 11 on the park no matter who they are. Someone like John Sutton on 18 month deal is exactly who we should be going for. Get us out our current situation, and help us next season.

Stennie have a few young players coming through, and their midfield is certainly stronger than ours. Id prefer we took a punt on some young midfielders with hunger in the lower leagues, or someone who has played in the Scottish Premiership with something to prove.

We have some farcical diddies just now. I personally would have given Alex Smith the gig until end of season.

His tactics were spot on in the two games, whereas Hartley has been inept.

Rant over, COYB

18 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Okay, I'm a newcomer to all this, and have decided to join. I've been viewing posts on p&b for many years and have been supporting Falkirk for longer.

We lost our most influential and creative player in John Baird (I know some will disagree) in the summer. His last season he didnt score as many as we expected, but he created chances, plenty of lay offs, and dragged defenders creating space for others. Id have him back in a heart beat.

Hartley imo lacks man management skills, and is more like a second hand car dealer. Hopefully he can ship out the old bangers, and bring some shiny new ones to the forecourt. His turnaround of players is astranomical, however he did make some serious money with the reselling of the two from Cowdenbeath, and Bain was a good signing also. He does seem to have the tendency to fall out with players. Is he coming across as a Billy Big Time. If so, I can see why the players would be like that.

Anyway, we have to get behind the 11 on the park no matter who they are. Someone like John Sutton on 18 month deal is exactly who we should be going for. Get us out our current situation, and help us next season.

Stennie have a few young players coming through, and their midfield is certainly stronger than ours. Id prefer we took a punt on some young midfielders with hunger in the lower leagues, or someone who has played in the Scottish Premiership with something to prove.

We have some farcical diddies just now. I personally would have given Alex Smith the gig until end of season.

Rant over, COYB

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Rant over, COYB

1. John Baird 2. Stenny's midfield

Oh dear oh dear.

According to the league table published on the OS Celtic U20's have only played 3 league games all season, they'll all be as rusty as f**k!

They play champions league games mostly and then have to make up the games once they are knocked out.

44 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Rant over, COYB

I thought we hadn' heard from Doug henderson for a while!

49 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Rant over, COYB

Alias.jpg

51 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

Hi all.

Rant over, COYB

A newcomer to football..or mind bending drugs?