The Falkirk FC Thread

39 minutes ago, Trump said:

Bet you’re over the moon at this news.

Why?

As a player on the pitch, nope I'm not, thought he had a great season the year before.

TBH I'm more annoyed at the academy going, and this will one of the reasons I presume to pay for these contracts to be terminated.

Anyone reading this thread over the past few months will realise FFC are in a mess on and off the park. 

Can we fix it ? I'm certainly not sure our Bod or Hartley can, I would love to be proved wrong though. 

Nelson signed, oh shit and it begins he couldn't get a game in the 6th or 7th tier in England. 

Whilst Austin looked decent last season he has been gash this season. Unfortunately we have to get rid of players we can to free up wages for Hartley to get in players he wants. Whether this will be a good or bad move only time will tell. I expect Hippo will be next out the door.

Austin was fantastic last year but went totally backwards this year. Looked off the pace and dived at any opportunity. Looks like an attitude issue but he could still turn out to be a good player for someone at this level, not what we need right now so bye x

We are all Don Hartley x

Austin has had loads of chances this season and if I'm being honest here hasn't looked interested. He never looked to me like he was giving 100% and has missed chances at critical times in games.

Nelson may not be the answer but i will give him a chance. Sunderland must have seen something in him and a move like this for him and Robson could be just what they need to kick start their careers.

Lets be honest they couldn't try any less than the majority of workshy, wage thief wankers we have in our team at the moment

Personally don't see what the issue is with jettisoning Austin -

i always felt like Hippolyte that he was a confidence player who in our situation is a luxury we can ill afford 

lets be frank how many times did he score when one on one with opposition keeper ?

my impression is that he does not fit in with style & approach that Hartley is trying to transition the team to 

42 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not sure I would go near Livingston with all
The stories about struggling to pay wages again

The only people coming away with these stories are opposition fans, no truth in it what so ever. 

Guest Back Post Misses
The only people coming away with these stories are opposition fans, no truth in it what so ever. 

Of course there isn’t, you probably said the same the last 3 or 4 times before you went tits up

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd have Austin at St. Mirren in a heartbeat. He's the sort of guy who would fit our style very well indeed. 

I would imagine that there could be a very good chance that that could happen. Certainly a better bet than Loy at the moment anyway and Saints will be a bit shy in the striker department if Sutton goes.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I would imagine that there could be a very good chance that that could happen. Certainly a better bet than Loy at the moment anyway and Saints will be a bit shy in the striker department if Sutton goes.

Sutton is likely but Hilson is a cert as his 6 months is up and if anyone will take him, Duffy will go too.

I'm pretty certain we'll be looking for a forward on January as we'll only have Reilly and Mullen as out and out forwards. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I heard last weekend that Jack Ross is interested in Austin and Hippo. He thinks he could get the best out of Hippo.

Funnily enough, someone on BAWA who is generally quite ITK mentioned that there's a very good chance of signing someone from Falkirk who is not Austin or Loy.

So there you go....Joe McKee confirmed :( 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:
4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
Funnily enough, someone on BAWA who is generally quite ITK mentioned that there's a very good chance of signing someone from Falkirk who is not Austin or Loy.
So there you go....Joe McKee confirmed emoji20.png 

I will drive him through for you

Nah, you're OK. We had him before and were glad to see the back of.