The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Again you are making the same point as the previous poster.

My point is that he needs to make a higher proportion of good signings in January that he has done to date if we are to progress adequately.

We could look at Houston’s signing record on here and make the very same point but he was rightly hammered on here for so many poor signings.

Why are so many on here ready to give Hartley the benefit of the doubt when so far we have probably gone backwards under his stewardship and his signings record does not look great?

That's another thing that Jack ross did.

Of his nine signings, every player who contributed regularly was a success.

McGinn, Stelios, Cammy Smith, Davis (until he was injured), Eckersley, O'Brien, and Loy :P.

Even the lesser used players like Josh Todd and Pal Fjelde chipped in with some competent performances when called upon.

It's crucial for you lot that Pig-Pen doesn't sign any deadwood.

That's another thing that Jack ross did.
Of his nine signings, every player who contributed regularly was a success.
McGinn, Stelios, Cammy Smith, Davis (until he was injured), Eckersley, O'Brien, and Loy [emoji14].
Even the lesser used players like Josh Todd and Pal Fjelde chipped in with some competent performances when called upon.
It's crucial for you lot that Pig-Pen doesn't sign any deadwood.

...and despite that you escaped the play offs on goal difference. Really puts our predicament into perspective.

43 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I am with you on this.

I totally hope that my low expectations are proved wrong and that Hartley turns out to be a much better manager than I perceive him to be.

That’s kinda where I am as well. It’s not went the way I had hoped or thought it would under Hartley but we can’t throw the towel in with him just now. 

In the very very back of my head I can see him flopping to be honest but then again in a better mood I can see him winning the league (feck knows which one) next season. 

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

That’s kinda where I am as well. It’s not went the way I had hoped or thought it would under Hartley but we can’t throw the towel in with him just now. 

In the very very back of my head I can see him flopping to be honest but then again in a better mood I can see him winning the league (feck knows which one) next season. 

There's no doubt he's been a disaster so far but he's clearly put all his eggs in the January basket by telling half the team to GTF. So we need to wait till the end of the season to judge him. If we're still in the playoffs then his gamble hasn't worked and questions will be asked of him but hopefully his team of ringers turn up next week and we actually score a goal in a game.

There is a depressing lack of insider knowledge on this forum at present ( apart from revealing the board want to kill each other). Come on if we are going to have new players by early January ( Hartley quote) one of the stalkers MUST have seen a few unknown fit young lads hanging about. WHO?

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

There is a depressing lack of insider knowledge on this forum at present ( apart from revealing the board want to kill each other). Come on if we are going to have new players by early January ( Hartley quote) one of the stalkers MUST have seen a few unknown fit young lads hanging about. WHO?

That's one of the things that seem to have changed under Hartley. It used to be that once a player came in on trial his name invariably leaked out on either here or one of the facebook pages. Nowadays secrets seem to remain secret. For example, nobody knew that Tommy Robson had been on trial until we signed him. I wonder if our team have been warned to keep their traps shut.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

...and despite that you escaped the play offs on goal difference. Really puts our predicament into perspective.

Indeed.

We were fortunate that Raith went into free fall.

Also, Ayr and Dumbarton regularly matched our results when we thought we had got a result that would put a bit of distance between us and them. That was extremely irritating and, at times, a tad demoralising.

Then again, we were at rock bottom and probably had a bit more to do than Falkirk, in order to get out of the shit.

Edited by FTOF

Been hiding in the bushes outside the stadium. No didn't see anyone new apart from the cop that tried to arrest me as a peeping tom
Need to get yourself into the bushes at the underpass at Benny T's. That's where you will see all the new signings and the cops won't bother you as they can't pass a chippie.

That's gonna be £s out to get rid....

This it isn't gonna cost us, isn't gonna happen.

Potential there with Fash not given a real chance under Hartley as far as  I'm concerned, he ain't a lone striker, I'd be surprised if he doesn't come back to haunt us

Not best pleased about Austin going tbh. There's clearly a player in there as evidenced by him having one of the best goals/minutes ratio in the division last season. The fact we paid money for him suggests that we expected him to kick on and attract a fee from someone. Seems a bit short-sighted to get rid when he's having a poor spell in a shocking team and being asked to play a role that clearly doesn't suit him.

He has been way off the pace this season I'm afraid and his failure to convert decent chances has certainly cost us points. Missing the target from 3 yards against Morton summed his season up.  Big step up from league 2 to the champ and unfortunately it's proved too much. Lack of heart didn' help. Sticking with players like Austin will only get us relegated.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Touched on it already when it was rumoured but he's not the first I'd have out the door. He's been absolutely garbage in the league this season though, and was probably one we could shift at no cost since he'll get another club no bother.

Looking at it pessimistically, he'd have absolutely pished League One.