The Falkirk FC Thread

Sorry but ‘no space for passengers’  doesn’t fit with me right now when talking about Loy. There’s been slight suggestion that he’s having troubles. At least there’s a potential reasoning behind what’s happened.

Hippo, Craigen, McKee, Watson, Gasparotto, Kidd, Harris and Longridge etc ...never have and never will be good enough for us. There’s no suggestion, so far, that there is any justification for them mascarading as pros whilst taking money off of our club.

If we go down, Rory Loy, may not be blameless but let’s get real. There’s bigger culprits here than him when it comes to unacceptable performance.

Guest Back Post Misses
Sorry but ‘no space for passengers’  doesn’t fit with me right now when talking about Loy. There’s been slight suggestion that he’s having troubles. At least there’s a potential reasoning behind what’s happened.
Hippo, Craigen, McKee, Watson, Gasparotto, Kidd, Harris and Longridge etc ...never have and never will be good enough for us. There’s no suggestion, so far, that there is any justification for them mascarading as pros whilst taking money off of our club.
If we go down, Rory Loy, may not be blameless but let’s get real. There’s bigger culprits here than him when it comes to unacceptable performance.

Is there? The best paid player, massively overweight and not scored since he returned to the club.

I drive him wherever he wants to go and charge him the fuel.

Wage thief of the highest order

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is there? The best paid player, massively overweight and not scored since he returned to the club.

I drive him wherever he wants to go and charge him the fuel.

Wage thief of the highest order

Yes, see helpful list of examples. I’d drive any  one of those and pay the fuel myself! 

If he doesn’t want to be with us then yes I agree with you but I am not sure it’s that clear cut.

Unless you and your prawn sandwich hangers on have info you wish to share with us from the inside? 

Loy had played well pre season and played well until he got crocked in the opening game of the season.  Ive never seen such a turn a round in form from a player since Tony finnigan got replaced by his brother in the Lambie debacle season.  Its really difficult to fathom out what could've happened to him in such a short space of time. I mean the one thing you could never fault Loy for in his first stint at the club was effort . He used to run his arse off whether he was playing well or not. To score 20 goals in a season when he was mainly playing up on his tod or supported by Phil Roberts was an achievement in itself.  It wasnt as if he was woeful at Dundee he did well when given the chance and at St Mirren he did well. I cant understand how suddenly its all gone wrong. At 29 he should still be at the peak of his career.

13 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

Did you just "make-up" that word? ;)

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Can't believe how Loy has turned out for you. I thought it was an excellent signing and was disappointed we didn't manage to get him in. 

On the weight issue, I actually thought he looked slightly heavy when he visited us with St. Mirren last season but it didn't seem to be slowing him down then. I'm not convinced his weight is really the issue, i've seen many players carrying more weight than him do the damage to us over the years. Far more worrying is that he seems to have lost his ability to control the ball, like his concentration has gone. Yes he's been pretty grim so far but has he really been any worse than the rest? Austin is probably our most "prolific" striker this season and he's scored a whopping 1 goal in the league having played more games due to Loy's injury. Miller looks utterly done, Longridge is a headless chicken who hides drastically and O'Hara is yet to find the net for us. It begs the question who exactly we anticipate coming in as a replacement striker if Loy does go?

17 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

It begs the question who exactly we anticipate coming in as a replacement striker if Loy does go?

From the statements made by Hartley at the AGM, I imagine it will be an striker from England whom we've never heard of. Several strikers perhaps. It appears the days of us signing known Scottish players, often connected with the Edinburgh clubs, are over. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/hartley-eyes-quartet-for-new-year-1-4625759

We'll have to wait and see if this is successful but at least bringing in unknown players makes it exciting. As opposed to signings players who're often written off by our support before they've even kicked a ball, such as Kidd and Harris.

From the statements made by Hartley at the AGM, I imagine it will be an striker from England whom we've never heard of. Several strikers perhaps. It appears the days of us signing known Scottish players, often connected with the Edinburgh clubs, are over. 
https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/hartley-eyes-quartet-for-new-year-1-4625759
We'll have to wait and see if this is successful but at least bringing in unknown players makes it exciting. As opposed to signings players who're often written off by our support before they've even kicked a ball, such as Kidd and Harris.

Correct me if I am wrong but if he wants to bring in 8 players and reduce the squad to 18-20 he needs to ship out around 14-16 of the current squad?

No wonder no-one appears motivated to play for him.

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Correct me if I am wrong but if he wants to bring in 8 players and reduce the squad to 18-20 he needs to ship out around 14-16 of the current squad?

No wonder no-one appears motivated to play for him.

That's a very interesting point.

Just had a wee look at the numbers. If he wants to reduce the squad to 20 and bring in 8 then only 12 of the existing squad will be left at the end of January, assuming that's the timescale he was referring to instead of the end of the season. 

We  currently have 40 signed players. 16 of those are the Under 20 squad (Dunne, Finlayson, Gallacher, Girdwood, Jarvis, Langton, Laverty, McBride, J Mitchell, K Mitchell, Munro, Mutch, O Hara, Peggie, Stowe & Sweeney) so that leaves 24 available for culling.

3 are on loan to other clubs (Henderson, Gasparotto, Shepherd) and if those loans get extended, as you have to assume they will, that leaves 21.

If you assume we return the three loanees to their parent clubs (Balatoni, Longridge, Tumilty) then the number goes down to 18.

If he plans to keep 12 then roughly 6 of the existing senior pros will be leaving in January.

That's only a third of them. You would have hoped that the other 2/3 would be extremely motivated.

43 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a very interesting point.

Just had a wee look at the numbers. If he wants to reduce the squad to 20 and bring in 8 then only 12 of the existing squad will be left at the end of January, assuming that's the timescale he was referring to instead of the end of the season. 

We  currently have 40 signed players. 16 of those are the Under 20 squad (Dunne, Finlayson, Gallacher, Girdwood, Jarvis, Langton, Laverty, McBride, J Mitchell, K Mitchell, Munro, Mutch, O Hara, Peggie, Stowe & Sweeney) so that leaves 24 available for culling.

3 are on loan to other clubs (Henderson, Gasparotto, Shepherd) and if those loans get extended, as you have to assume they will, that leaves 21.

If you assume we return the three loanees to their parent clubs (Balatoni, Longridge, Tumilty) then the number goes down to 18.

If he plans to keep 12 then roughly 6 of the existing senior pros will be leaving in January.

That's only a third of them. You would have hoped that the other 2/3 would be extremely motivated.

*** Nit picking - Balatoni isn't on loan.