The Falkirk FC Thread

I must admit I have missed too many games already this season, but from what I have seen, and it breaks my heart to say it, Balatoni is probably a better option than the current version of big Peter.

Totally agree with this. Sadly big Pete hasn't looked the same since his last injury. Balatoni has looked solid to me but I only go to home games so can't comment on how he has played away from home.

Guest Back Post Misses
I must admit I have missed too many games already this season, but from what I have seen, and it breaks my heart to say it, Balatoni is probably a better option than the current version of big Peter.

Balatoni out of contract at Christmas

If it's a choice of Balatoni or another new signing in a different position then he'd be out the door if it was up to me. Plenty other players I'd rather shift but they're under contract. It's unfortunate timing but we need to prioritise other positions. McGhee should be first choice with Muirhead or Grant beside him.

Guest Back Post Misses
If it's a choice of Balatoni or another new signing in a different position then he'd be out the door if it was up to me. Plenty other players I'd rather shift but they're under contract. It's unfortunate timing but we need to prioritise other positions. McGhee should be first choice with Muirhead or Grant beside him.

I agree with this. I would let him go

I'd actually like to see McGhee given a shot at a more natural right back slot.

Will interesting to see what our back four will be next time out, I'd guess the only definite starter will be McGhee at left back and am I correct in saying Muirhead was captain recently which would indicate he is in Hartleys plans.

Balatoni has been solid in the air and on the deck and in an ideal world punting Grant or Watson and keeping Balatoni would be my plan.

I suppose it will come down to who can be moved on

Edited by MrDust

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think when Muirhead displayed the correct attitude, by knocking f**k out of James Craigen int he Tannadice dressing room, he cemented his contract extension

Hadn’t heard this about tannidice? Respect to Aero if true. 

Aero, despite lack of ability in a few regards had been one that id say you could see some drive to do better this season. 

Surely it's Watson that we should be looking to move on?  I appreciate that he's contracted and that Balatoni isn't but I think losing Balatoni would seriously weaken our defence.

Easier to move on a player who has no contract than a player who’s on one and no one wants.

For the record I’d keep Bala and send Watson as far away as f**k from our defence.

27 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I am sure I read when he signed he had a option till the end of the season.

The option is with the club, which is pretty much always the case. I can't recall us ever signing a player and giving him the option to stay if we didn't want him after his  initial contract expired.

Story here:-

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/balatoni-is-a-bairn/

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The option is with the club, which is pretty much always the case. I can't recall us ever signing a player and giving him the option to stay if we didn't want him after his  initial contract expired.

Story here:-

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/balatoni-is-a-bairn/

I like Conrad,he does the simple things and just puts his foot where it should be.

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I'd actually like to see McGhee given a shot at a more natural right back slot.

Will interesting to see what our back four will be next time out, I'd guess the only definite starter will be McGhee at left back and am I correct in saying Muirhead was captain recently which would indicate he is in Hartleys plans.

Balatoni has been solid in the air and on the deck and in an ideal world punting Grant or Watson and keeping Balatoni would be my plan.

I suppose it will come down to who can be moved on

I’d keep Balatoni - overall he’s been worth it, but equally his experience could well help Grant get back to his best.  And he also would be decent cover for any injuries still to come.

Punting Grant would be just mental -  he’s still young, talented, and more likely to come good again than not.  All things being equal, he could easily be our captain for next season. 

41 minutes ago, Young gun said:

Guess the players 

3A132E5E-F76F-426D-9D52-4982C8AB5AB7.jpeg

First left Thought  Kirkie Lawson but he got swapped with Rennie going to Motherwell so do know ? Tom McLeod John Markie George Gibson  Dennis Setterington  Davie Cattenach Wilson Hoggan Jimmy Jack Stuart Kennedy Ally Donaldson Ian Harley Jim Shirra Stewart Rennie David McCaig Stewart Wheatley Tommy McMillan Doug Somner.

Edited by NUMBER 7

11 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

First left Thought  Kirkie Lawson but he got swapped with Rennie going to Motherwell so do know ? Tom McLeod John Markie George Gibson  Dennis Setterington  Davie Cattenach Wilson Hoggan Jimmy Jack Stuart Kennedy Ally Donaldson Ian Harley Jim Shirra Stewart Rennie David McCaig Stewart Wheatley Tommy McMillan Doug Somner.

Is it not Alex Beckett? You're right with the rest though. I think it's the Cladhan hotel too?

Edited to say that I'm not entirely sure that it's McCaig? Probably is but it's a strange photo of him.

Edited by ShaggerG