The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Mad that Falkirk fans are making light of the fact that underpaying minimum wage staff to that extent could’ve feasibly killed the employee. There’s every chance they could’ve starved to death or been forced to sleep rough. 

If they end up sleeping rough, they might get a wee visit from Ryan Thomson and Paul Willis to cheer them up.

20 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I heard about this about 4 years ago, I thought it got resolved as soon as it was mentioned. I remember someone in my old work telling me it was Will Vaulks.

I thought it was Vaulks too, weren't we paying him something daft like a fiver a month when he started plus digs for an extended form of a trial then gave him a contract at the end of season? 

I thought it was Vaulks too, weren't we paying him something daft like a fiver a month when he started plus digs for an extended form of a trial then gave him a contract at the end of season? 

It was technically a trial at the start of his falkirk career as he had no club. Falkirk paid for everything for him in expenses but didn't give him a proper wage until he signed a contract. He got bonuses like appearance money, win bonus and goal bonus though.

Indeed, as has been said, will vaulks was due the money because of his love for the club wanting to play for free but legally this wasn' allowed so we paid him straight away when this was brought to the club's attention. Im pretty sure vaulks is doing ok for himself now and marshy can sleep easy after his moral crusade has come to an end with the club having released a statement. Job done. What topic can we moan about next ?

5 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Game v Inverness tomorrow called off because of snow. Another week unbeaten!!

:lol:

Joking aside, that’s two games behind that you’ll be after tomorrow.  Never great having to play a lot of games together as the season wears on.

An midweek evening catch up game on Inverness is not great for fans either.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

:lol:

Joking aside, that’s two games behind that you’ll be after tomorrow.  Never great having to play a lot of games together as the season wears on.

An midweek evening catch up game on Inverness is not great for fans either.

True, and the old adage of points on the board is better than games in hand would normally apply in football. However, in our instance, this is not the case given the fact that we do not accumulate points with this bunch of players. So delaying until we don' have to rely on these players, is a welcome addition to the #ourtime campaign.

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

True, and the old adage of points on the board is better than games in hand would normally apply in football. However, in our instance, this is not the case given the fact that we do not accumulate points with this bunch of players. So delaying until we don' have to rely on these players, is a welcome addition to the #ourtime campaign.

I think you’ll find you have to play the games this season.  :rolleyes:

#yourtimesup

Apart from that, I have made some decisions so far that have been tough. I had to put a lot on the line when I went to Falkirk. I wasn’t getting paid when I first went there. I had just been released by Ronnie Moore at Tranmere and I decided that instead of staying in part-time football in England, I’d go up to Scotland and try and prove myself. They had no wages to pay me for three or four months. I signed at the end of January (2013) and I lasted until the summer when a new manager came in. I thought: “Oh no, here we go again,” but he offered me a deal and then the rest is history. I played every game from then on.

Falkirk put me up in a flat and I borrowed 80 quid a week off my dad to survive. It was probably the worst part of my life from the point of view of my mental state. I had no money, I was in a little flat, I had no mates and I was four hours from home.

Quotes from Vaulks about his early times with us.

He’s some boy.

Games now been moved to Tuesday night. Frost will probably set in and it will be off again.

9 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Apart from that, I have made some decisions so far that have been tough. I had to put a lot on the line when I went to Falkirk. I wasn’t getting paid when I first went there. I had just been released by Ronnie Moore at Tranmere and I decided that instead of staying in part-time football in England, I’d go up to Scotland and try and prove myself. They had no wages to pay me for three or four months. I signed at the end of January (2013) and I lasted until the summer when a new manager came in. I thought: “Oh no, here we go again,” but he offered me a deal and then the rest is history. I played every game from then on.

Falkirk put me up in a flat and I borrowed 80 quid a week off my dad to survive. It was probably the worst part of my life from the point of view of my mental state. I had no money, I was in a little flat, I had no mates and I was four hours from home.

Quotes from Vaulks about his early times with us.

He’s some boy.

Will is a cracking player and a really nice guy too. To give an example: although several players and staff members took the time to visit big Gordon McFarlane when he was in hospital, Will went in on a regular basis to visit which I know was much appreciated by Gordon and his family.

It's a measure of the lad that he took the decision to come up and play for expenses to try to prove himself and it certainly appears to have come off for him!

Scored the 6th to round off a perfect 6-0 v Cowden on my birthday, smashed them in from 879 yards weekly, approved of my son's gymnastics skillz on Twitter, brilliant guy in person and (perhaps wee Russell aside) my favourite player since Crunchie chucked it.

Big Will. :wub: