The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would be very disappointed if either Balatoni or McGee were not given contracts in January.

They have been two of the better performers during our recent shambles.

Sadly I would agree with the comments regarding Grant being a pale shadow of the player he was prior to his injury, would be a shame if he were to go but...

Mcghee signed for a year with an option for us to extend it. I'd be very surprised if that isnt triggered in the summer. Austin needs dropped back to the u20's to get his confidence back up. At the moment its rock bottom and he couldnt score in a barrell of fannies.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

54 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Would be a massive mistake if we punt Fash imo.

I agree. I get the impression with him that he's simply lost due to others under performing rather than his own shortcomings. I think he's got huge potential and would much rather we got the benefit of it rather than possibly another team in the same league.

If Hartley could get Fash back to his ways last season where he’d use is pace to beat centre half’s then try to get a shot away Id keep him. At this moment in time, all he seems to want to do when he gets in the box is dive.

That's the big thing, I think we all assumed that he'd toughen up with full time football and this season he'd really kick on. Not been the case and he just gets out muscled all the time and falls over.
There's definitely a player in there but I'm not sure what can be done to help him. Seemed to play better playing off Miller on Saturday without too much created so maybe it's just finding the right partner and staying on his feet.

That's the big thing, I think we all assumed that he'd toughen up with full time football and this season he'd really kick on. Not been the case and he just gets out muscled all the time and falls over.
There's definitely a player in there but I'm not sure what can be done to help him. Seemed to play better playing off Miller on Saturday without too much created so maybe it's just finding the right partner and staying on his feet.

He had a few good games towards the end of the season purely down to being awkward IMO. The championship isn't his level. The situation we find ourselves in, we need grafters, like Baird but with more quality.

Austin needs to play with a strike partner imo, stick him on the shoulder of the last defender or get him running the channels with a more technically skilled player dropping deeper to pick the ball up. A fit Loy with his head on straight would've been ideal.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Mcghee signed for a year with an option for us to extend it. I'd be very surprised if that isnt triggered in the summer. Austin needs dropped back to the u20's to get his confidence back up. At the moment its rock bottom and he couldnt score in a barrell of fannies.

Thought that he was on similar deal to Balatoni, happy to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just watched highlights of Saturday and no excuses as we were absolutely pish but that Morton penalty was a shocking decision. If penalties are going to be given like that every week we would be as well to give up and shut up shop now.

Was going to post something similar myself but thought it would come over as sour grapes. It maybe just shows our acceptance of expected defeat these days too that nobody had mentioned it previously?

It seemed to me that McHugh jumped for the ball in an awkward fashion which made it look like he had been fouled as he fell; I couldn't see Muirhead touching him at all. No Morton player claimed for it I don't think either which means that our defenders should have been going mental at the award. None of them did; just simply meekly accepted the decision instead which I think says it all.

Whilst our performance turned out to be shite (had been ok up until then) it may have turned out differently if the penalty hadn't been given?

Was going to post something similar myself but thought it would come over as sour grapes. It maybe just shows our acceptance of expected defeat these days too that nobody had mentioned it previously?
It seemed to me that McHugh jumped for the ball in an awkward fashion which made it look like he had been fouled as he fell; I couldn't see Muirhead touching him at all. No Morton player claimed for it I don't think either which means that our defenders should have been going mental at the award. None of them did; just simply meekly accepted the decision instead which I think says it all.
Whilst our performance turned out to be shite (had been ok up until then) it may have turned out differently if the penalty hadn't been given?

I couldn't be arsed watching it but I'm off work today so thought I'd give it a look. I honestly think our players were stunned and not one Morton player appealed for it. As you rightly say it did turn out to be a shite performance but who knows how it would have turned out had we got the first goal. God knows who would have scored it though.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I couldn't be arsed watching it but I'm off work today so thought I'd give it a look. I honestly think our players were stunned and not one Morton player appealed for it. As you rightly say it did turn out to be a shite performance but who knows how it would have turned out had we got the first goal. God knows who would have scored it though.

There is youtube footage from behind and I think side of the goals re the penalty, I watched if 5 or 6 times and still for the life of me cant see where the penalty comes from, considering the couple of incidents for penalties we had in the box, its bewildering how neither or one of them were given with actual contact, there also was a handball one but I wouldnt have suggested that one as it was driven straight at him. I even caught a glimpse of a Morton youtube video game post thingy last night, they film parts of game and the reaction within the Morton end was more shock that it was a penalty.

I thought we were horrendous in the first half with the awful formation which players we have at the moment dont fit into, the 2nd half we were more creative with 4-4-2 and actually made their keeper make a few saves and actually looked dangerous. The Morton 3rd goal is an embarrassment of defensive play but a slight excuse is that we were chasing that elusive goal to try and make a squeeze of the game in that we were a bit caught on the back foot. The first half display lost us any chance of taking anything tho, when our best chances were a 30 yard crossed ball for a header and a Craigen fight for the ball repeatedly and shoot wide from 18 or so yards.

I said walking up to the ground on Saturday that if we are playing 4-2-3-1, I could easily turnabout and go home. I await and see if Hartley sees we had more intent, creative play and looked like scoring playing 4-4-2 and stick with it or revert to 1 up top again for Saturday. We dont know enough of his ways yet to work that out, Id even take a 3-5-2 to match up with Livvy

I didn’t notice anything at the time but having watched back the highlights I thought it was a penalty. Was stupid from Muirhead really as Thomson wasn’t getting to the ball anyway.

Did think we should’ve had a penalty on Miller in the second half but the ref played on and he ended up missing 2 sitters.

32 minutes ago, Russ said:

I didn’t notice anything at the time but having watched back the highlights I thought it was a penalty. Was stupid from Muirhead really as Thomson wasn’t getting to the ball anyway.

Did think we should’ve had a penalty on Miller in the second half but the ref played on and he ended up missing 2 sitters.

What did Muirhead do?

What did Muirhead do?

Very little from what i've seen. Didn't think there was much in it when I was at the game and seeing the highlights hasn't changed my mind.

They say things even themselves out, i'll add that penalty to the two we had against us against St Johnstone and look forward to us getting pens for similar. I won't hold my breath though.

7 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Fash

@Fash_Austin94 

Currently at Falkirk FC

This pisses me off, "currently" at Falkirk FC.

You join a club and you need to make the supporters feel you are one of them, even though we know they move on, this guy already tells us he isn't here for the long haul.

Nit picking....probably, but thats what happens when you are losing.

As for the penalty, I still can't see what its for,  but to say nothing as a team, jesus, give us some fight and passion and don't throw the towel in. Most teams battle over whose throw in it is, even when its scudded straight off them.

I'm grumpy as f#ck the night.