The Falkirk FC Thread

I also expected Falkirk to finish 2nd at worst before a ball was kicked so I'll just enjoy the current turmoil for as long as it lasts.
We've almost died, finished 7th in the seaside league and got pumped 0-3 by Cowdenbeath in recent seasons. Will take something special to touch any of those.

Yeah good point.

I also expected Falkirk to finish 2nd at worst before a ball was kicked so I'll just enjoy the current turmoil for as long as it lasts.
We've almost died, finished 7th in the seaside league and got pumped 0-3 by Cowdenbeath in recent seasons. Will take something special to touch any of those.

Actually quite a sensible post and as far as the chat about finishing above you guys as per usual, it's just a wee bit of fun to take our minds off the farcically bad performances the second favourites for the title are giving us.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Oh dear. Reduced to *hoping* you finish ahead of Dunfermline. You lot really are toiling. aren't you?

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I don't know if you'll improve, we probably have played our best football but then I'll be surprised if anyone in the league plays as well as that for the rest of the season, we don't need to play that well, just better than we have for the past couple of weeks.

I've literally not heard a single Dunfermline fan worrying/thinking about Falkirk finishing above us, a bigger concern is finishing in the playoffs. Falkirk could finish 3rd for all I care providing we finish 4th.

Aw for feck's sake boys. You actually munched on that?

6 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Anyone you think could do a job in the championship?

The centre half Gadzhalov is decent, would stroll that league, do you need a c/h?

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

As it stands, we are 7 points adrift in 9th...

I have found it really interesting to see how the expectations of our supporters on here have changed the last few weeks.

I stated a few weeks ago that I thought we would need at least 40 points to avoid the playoffs and that’s looking a daunting target just now.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Scores going against us so far tonight. We really look totally fucked.

Inverness at home to Brechin was always going to be a home win. Dumbarton beating Queens ain't ideal for us though.

If we beat Brechin 3 times that's 9 points. That is a non-negotiable.

St Mirren were 10 points behind 8th after 14 games last season so all hope isn't lost. They were also 19 points behind Raith Rovers but still managed to finish above them on goal difference.

Raith Rovers, in case you'd forgotten, went on to be relegated in hilarious fashion. I vote that Dunfermline do not assume that role this year.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Inverness at home to Brechin was always going to be a home win. Dumbarton beating Queens ain't ideal for us though.

If we beat Brechin 3 times that's 9 points. That is a non-negotiable.

A big IF as it stands....

If we lose our next two games as I expect we will,  the Brechin game will be as squeaky bum time as its ever been at the wrong end of the table. 

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

St Mirren were 10 points behind 8th after 14 games last season so all hope isn't lost. They were also 19 points behind Raith Rovers but still managed to finish above them on goal difference.

Raith Rovers, in case you'd forgotten, went on to be relegated in hilarious fashion. I vote that Dunfermline do not assume that role this year.

As it stands tho no one is going through long winless runs other than ourselves and Brechin compared to last seasons poor runs nearly 3/4 of the league went through, everyone is getting a result against each other bar the bottom two.

Tho Queens are showing a bit of poor form