The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

Not sure if there is any truth in this,

You should’ve stopped right there. What followed is definitely something that should not be speculated about on here. If it’s true then respect his and his family’s privacy, if it’s untrue it’s a pretty shitty rumour to spread. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

You should’ve stopped right there. What followed is definitely something that should not be speculated about on here. If it’s true then respect his and his family’s privacy, if it’s untrue it’s a pretty shitty rumour to spread. 

You're probably right, wasn't trying to disrespect the man or his family. Only trying to shed some light onto what could possibly be the reason for his absence/exclusion.

Point taken.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Falkirk are last season's St Mirren , only we didn't have the Brechin safety net. When we lost a last minute equaliser to Morton in January and followed it up with a 3-0 home tanking from QOS everyone of us thought it was all over , there was no way back. We all know what happened after that and I can see the exact same thing with Falkirk.There are players in your squad just now who will know that their time's up. Hartley will get his own guys in in January and everything will be sorted , and set up for next season !

Similarities but although you can point out that we have a Brechin, we dont have teams going on long runs without a win as everyone is beating each other at some point bar ourselves and Brechin. Dumbarton last season never won two games in a row either as well as the 10 game without a win and Dundee Utd couldnt win away from home, if we continue the poor form throughout, I am in no doubt we will finish 2nd bottom but we wont have the luxury of teams crashing in form for long periods like last season as the level is all very tight throughout.

queens twice 8 games without a win

Morton 11 games

Ayr 15

Pars 6

Dufc 5 

Raith 17

Dumbarton 10

St Mirren 9

Falkirk 4

Hibs 5

Not a chance. We have not got the money to pay him off. St Mirren would not be able to get near his wages or pay any sort of transfer fee. Not happening.

A bit like the Dundee situation re Loy last season then , when we paid a large chunk of his wages. Bear in mind St Mirren signed 11 players in the window last season . GLS is willing to stump up some cash if we need more players in to get us out of this league . BTW , it is happening if Hartley wants shot of him again .

4 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Agree with Austin and hippo, they really haven't applied themselves to the best of their abilities. No effort the majority of the time which is extremely frustrating. I will still give loy the benefit of the doubt however as he has been a victim of circumstance. He does look like he tries when he comes on but shows real frustration. If he gets a string of starts together and there is still no end product then I will agree.

I wouldn't be too upset with Hippo going as he's turning into a bit of a luxury player who gives us maybe one good game in 5. It's looking difficult to get any sort of consistency out of him. If Hartley can't get to the root of Loy's problems and get him going again it may be better for both parties that he moves on. He's obviously not the committed guy that we had previously when his work rate was fantastic, in fact he used to piss me of at times because he was often charging about all over the place to get involved. Not so now.

IMO though Austin would be worth keeping. To me he just looks a bit lost at the moment however I still think he looks the most dangerous of our forwards but definitely needs a good experienced partner playing beside him. Hopefully that can yet be Rory Loy. 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

I wouldn't be too upset with Hippo going as he's turning into a bit of a luxury player who gives us maybe one good game in 5. It's looking difficult to get any sort of consistency out of him. If Hartley can't get to the root of Loy's problems and get him going again it may be better for both parties that he moves on. He's obviously not the committed guy that we had previously when his work rate was fantastic, in fact he used to piss me of at times because he was often charging about all over the place to get involved. Not so now.

IMO though Austin would be worth keeping. To me he just looks a bit lost at the moment however I still think he looks the most dangerous of our forwards but definitely needs a good experienced partner playing beside him. Hopefully that can yet be Rory Loy. 

Why do you think Livi got rid of him?

He'll go in the huff if Hartley has a go at him too, great player when everything is going well but he doesn't take criticism well and wont buckle down to help you get out of a hole.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He'll go in the huff if Hartley has a go at him too, great player when everything is going well but he doesn't take criticism well and wont buckle down to help you get out of a hole.

Aye, we paid you for him though IIRC?

15 hours ago, Trump said:

Hearing rumours Hippolyte, Austin and Loy are to be dumped in January. Makes sense with them not starting the game on Sunday.

Austin is to reunite with Naysmith to form an Austin/Dobbie dream strike force :) 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Similarities but although you can point out that we have a Brechin, we dont have teams going on long runs without a win as everyone is beating each other at some point bar ourselves and Brechin. Dumbarton last season never won two games in a row either as well as the 10 game without a win and Dundee Utd couldnt win away from home, if we continue the poor form throughout, I am in no doubt we will finish 2nd bottom but we wont have the luxury of teams crashing in form for long periods like last season as the level is all very tight throughout.

queens twice 8 games without a win

Morton 11 games

Ayr 15

Pars 6

Dufc 5 

Raith 17

Dumbarton 10

St Mirren 9

Falkirk 4

Hibs 5

Its an interesting difference to the league to have a team so cut off from the rest so early - no, not Falkirk.

On the one hand, Falkirk are in no danger of finishing bottom but it also means the teams above them are less likely to drop points whenever they play Brechin. In some ways, its balanced out by not having a"dominant" team at the top of the league.

You're spot on about the form last season. I dont think Ive ever seen a season where so many sides went through winless runs. Its unlikely to happen again so it will be really interesting to see how it affects Falkirk, if they can put a run together.

11 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Neither of our strikers are capable of being the lone striker, we knew that with Loy previously and for sure Austin is in the same boat. Miller is our best option but should be nowhere near starting in the league

5 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hippo overall has been a-ok for us under Houston and Smith. The player and manager dont get on isnt something new but part of being a manager is applying the best techniques to get the best out of players, it seems now its like it or lump it under Hartley. We have been a holiday camp under Houston so the major difference will put a few out and has it seems

10 minutes ago, Trump said:

Livingston offered to loan him out for the rest o that season, we wanted to buy him so paid a fee.

Do you know how much we paid?

I believe that Partick were looking at Hippo at one point and may have been willing to make an offer. That may have been our best outcome?