The Falkirk FC Thread

Has Hartely won a game yet? Could be this seasons Yogi.

Not yet. We were probably the better team at home to St Mirren and were about an inch away from beating Dunfermline, but the away games have been abysmal. Massive game next week, we cannot lose that one.

Has Hartely won a game yet? Could be this seasons Yogi.

Played 6. 3 draws and 3 defeats.

Also only scored 3 goals in the 6 games with 2 being direct from free-kicks. Conceded 9.

We are absolutely fucking rancid and getting worse with every passing week.

34 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Not yet. We were probably the better team at home to St Mirren and were about an inch away from beating Dunfermline, but the away games have been abysmal. Massive game next week, we cannot lose that one.

Should've used a question mark, not a full stop.

Never thought I’d say this but old man Smith has the right idea. Time to go back to basics until at least January. His interview after the Morton game has a few things I’d implement straight away, Back 4 barely crossing halfway at no.1.

quite amazing that we've only won one game this season and it was away from home and smiths only game in charge with the very same squad sandwiched in between 6 games each I think managed by Houston and Hartley.

Smith win % = 100
Houston and Hartley win % = 0

Houston should have been bumped after the dufc play off.....nothing will make me alter that opinion.

I think we are getting worse though which is a concern and at least in end of Houston we did look like scoring under Hartley, we don't look like having a shot at goal.

Smith played the game in how it should be at our level defend well, compete in the middle and attack well. No fancy formation asking players obviously not good enough to do one role and ask them to do numerous is the reason why we can't score in a barrel of fannies, we don't even reach the foreplay part

Edited by MrDust

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Houston should have been bumped after the dufc play off.....nothing will make me alter that opinion.

I think we are getting worse though which is a concern and at least in end of Houston we did look like scoring under Hartley, we don't look like having a shot at goal.

Smith played the game in how it should be at our level defend well, compete in the middle and attack well. No fancy formation asking players obviously not good enough to do one role and ask them to do numerous is the reason why we can't score in a barrel of fannies, we don't even reach the foreplay part

Hartley was your first choice!

How do we change things in your opinion?

19 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

Hartley was your first choice!

How do we change things in your opinion?

Nope, for the second time McCall was my first choice.

We are in one right mess if Hartley can't get a tune out a large part of what we have, we won't make the kinda changes St Mirren did so he will need to.

We will go again next week and I'll say your only as good as your last result, we were an embarrassment today, so the only way is up.

I may add the interviews by players and management post match stunk of clueless

3 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Is this team worse than the Awfulview season?

I said last week that the Ochilview season was worse but it had mitigating circumstances, due to the team being signed at the last minute as we didn't know what league we would be playing in.

I'm now starting to think this squad is worse.

Up until today I've been convinced we'll start putting a few decent results together and finish mid-table, but now I'm genuinely concerned that we could go down.

Up until today I've been convinced we'll start putting a few decent results together and finish mid-table, but now I'm genuinely concerned that we could go down.

This. Today was definitely the worst performance of the season. If we want to stay up, we’ll need at least two wins from now until January and I don’t know where they’re coming from.

Aero, McGhee, Grant, Tony G, Balatoni

Sibbald, Taiwo, Dunne,

Loy, Austin

Id clear the rest. Loy Sibbald and McGhee based on their quality when on their game mainly, Taiwo, Grant, Aero mainly cause I think they get stuck in and I believe they give a shit, Dunne, Austin and TG in for the potential they may develop into much better players.

the rest can GTF. BSLM can get a coaching gig. 

5 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

This. Today was definitely the worst performance of the season. If we want to stay up, we’ll need at least two wins from now until January and I don’t know where they’re coming from.

I'm the same. I didn't really think we would go down until today.

I am now really worried. We can't score goals, Hartley seems tactically inept and worst of all the players don't seem to give a f**k.

Hard times indeed.