The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What exactly is a "Falkirks spokesperson"? If there's not a name to go with it then it means absolutely nothing. That could be a bloke down the pub, the cleaner of the South stand, the steward who once watched a game, anyone. What is the club's stance on what the fans, and players have done, and if they don't condone it, what are they doing about it?

It's the equivalent of "sources say" on the BBC gossip column.

[clutchingatstraws.jpg]

You really think the club would let a comment like that go out if it was not sanctioned pretty high up? Dear me.

Regarding O'Hara, I believe the club have written to the sfa seeking clarity over the length of the ban before deciding whether to appeal. I imagine for that reason they will not comment officially on the case.

Surely if it's a case of appealing the length of the ban the offence itself isn't in question though? Likewise we're now nearly a week past the Inverness game, are they waiting on anything in particular to condemn those actions etc?
[clutchingatstraws.jpg]
You really think the club would let a comment like that go out if it was not sanctioned pretty high up? Dear me.

You know it's true...

What exactly can the club do about it, due to the vagueness of the statement a "club spokesperson" could literally be anyone, your club can do absolutely nothing about it. If anything it's in your clubs interests to let it go.

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

[clutchingatstraws.jpg]

Indeed. The statement was made to the press by a club official before the team left Inverness. The reporters would hardly publish it if they didn't know who that official was.  It's their choice as to whether or not they namecheck the person, and they evidently decided not to.  Perhaps the poster should contact the Daily Record to ask them why?  

Grant, please step back from this, the spokesperson in question will be one of the media underlings, on orders from above.

Stuff like that is why Tragic felt it was quite right to bring up the sincerity of your clubs actions, you've apparently got a very active social media output and website and yet there's not been a single article from any chairman or director etc condemning those for what they've done?

I'm all for clubs trying to stamp out unpleasant elements of their support and the stance from Falkirk has been sadly reminiscent of the way Celtic/Rangers react when their fans are giving it laldy with regards to Northern Irish history. Head in the sand and hope it passes.

Stuff like that is why Tragic felt it was quite right to bring up the sincerity of your clubs actions, you've apparently got a very active social media output and website and yet there's not been a single article from any chairman or director etc condemning those for what they've done?

I'm all for clubs trying to stamp out unpleasant elements of their support and the stance from Falkirk has been sadly reminiscent of the way Celtic/Rangers react when their fans are giving it laldy with regards to Northern Irish history. Head in the sand and hope it passes.

I'm afraid that last paragraph renders your comments utterly invalid. The situation has been clearly explained, so you are now just at it.

Haud. The. Bus.

A few have inferred that by stating our club were sincere in their actions, that means I said Falkirk were not. It doesn’t. Arms and legs boys.

Grant, I said to myself “Aw, naw” when you brought up the ICT incident as Falkirk were quick to get a statement to the AP, it only took about half an hour. After coming out with the “Telt”, that was the fastest foot in mouth I’ve ever seen.

I’m here on the wind. A few, like Bairnardo, know this and he gives as good as he gets. Although the heids gan stuff is just a tool for when you run out of retort.

Until the next time...

As good as that  save was Gordon Marshall's one handed save on the line v Dundee in 1990 is still the best save I've seen in real time from a Falkirk goalie. 

Still a twinkle in my dads eye in 1990 but if you’ve got a clip I’d happily gif it.

6 minutes ago, Trump said:

Leave Grant and Tragic alone. They’ve obviously got nothing else to do but attempt to noise up opposition fans on the internet. I find it cute how they like us enough to try and interact with us. Let’s make them feel welcome here. #NotARivalry #NotADerby

Fair enough but Tragic has still not told us what the f**k his Avatar is all about ??

14 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely mcKee cant be up for slagging off Shiels faither. I've got to say I much preferred the days where for 90mins footballers called each other everything and kicked each other up and down the park before shaking hands and sharing a pint afterwards. It was a far better world back then.

I bet you were fucking delighted with the brexit vote as well.

Leave Grant and Tragic alone. They’ve obviously got nothing else to do but attempt to noise up opposition fans on the internet. I find it cute how they like us enough to try and interact with us. Let’s make them feel welcome here. #NotARivalry #NotADerby

Bloody hell that was a cringy and needy post. I post on this forum, as do you evidently, trying to then pull some "they've got nothing better to do" nonsense doesn't work.

So, so needy.