The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Can we play hardball in the 2nd tier ?

A lot of these players were coming into the last year or in some cases out of contract too and out of all the sales only Arfield has went to the top. I think Kingsley has picked wrong club to get close to that. The majority have all been back to Scottish football in a year or so and more will follow.

The same applies to the sales Inverness, Killie, Dundee etc  have made who made an impact in Scotland, back in loan in the standard they made their name cause they couldn't cut it down south.

In a way its a wonder we can sell players when the success rate is minimal 

Who? Only one that we sold that I can think of who's come back up the road is Higginbotham. Taylor (who's since gone back down again) & Biabi on loan as well but can't think of anyone else. Who is my befuddled auld brain missing?

Surely mcKee cant be up for slagging off Shiels faither. I've got to say I much preferred the days where for 90mins footballers called each other everything and kicked each other up and down the park before shaking hands and sharing a pint afterwards. It was a far better world back then.

31 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely mcKee cant be up for slagging off Shiels faither. I've got to say I much preferred the days where for 90mins footballers called each other everything and kicked each other up and down the park before shaking hands and sharing a pint afterwards. It was a far better world back then.

manning372.jpg.afb925d57102cba72556b47aa9d11405.jpg

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Up to a point I would agree with this but as you point out it was also much easier to get your retaliation in during the game which on occasion got way out of hand (great entertainment right enough).

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Up to a point I would agree with this but as you point out it was also much easier to get your retaliation in during the game which on occasion got way out of hand (great entertainment right enough).

Bad blood didn't fester on for weeks after the game though.  There was no greetin to the sfa because he called my wife this or my dad that or me that. The 90mins was like a cut out of time where it was 11 v 11 no holds barred and just get on with it.  The game then finished you shook hands and life went on.  Here we are though months down the line still talking about that game and still seeing players getting brought up before the beaks over it. It cant be good keeping feuds going for this length of time.

McKee's been playing with the look of a man with a shedload on his mind  - seems like its been this debacle, delaying this further will only worsen the pressure and in effect is like playing with a man suspended anyway.  Either someone needs to come out in strong defence of McKee, he gets someone to sort his head out or he shouldn't play until this is all done.

SFA omnishambles once again.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Deary me.

Clarity again required here. Assuming the charges, as rumoured on here are about McKee slating Kenny Shiels, then if he is found guilty I will indeed defend him to the hilt.

Not because he is a Falkirk player, but because Kenny Shiels is demonstrably a massive c**t.

Dean Shiels, also demonstrably a c**t, will continue to be abused as befitting a c**t of his stature.*

*All abuse from myself will remain within the confines of the laws of the land.

Kenny Shiels always came across as a seriously weird character with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Basically an arsehole.

Guest Back Post Misses
Didn't we just rake in a hefty add on from Kingsley ?
Our sales have been when we have been in our 2nd tier, some of them because we had to and we play in Scotland where most Scottish players outside the top 3 or 4 are available for 500k nowadays.
The money the likes of Killie and Motherwell have raked in recently with picking up rough diamonds lower English leagues and selling on, something we can't do in the 2nd tier.
Hamilton haven't sold anyone since the Irish Scotsman and his pal, St Johnstone Stevie May 3yr ago, you can't just magic up players to sell.
I think the big concern is if the funding for our youth development is cut, being called an elite youth development team really is just a badge some of these clubs don't deserve 

Hamilton sold a player to West Ham and got 750k and Tony Andreu to Norwich for £1.2m

If you can let us know what you are doing for the local homosexual and black communities thats a bit more classy I am sure we will take it on board.

Glad to oblige...

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Pars_sign_the_LGBT_Charter&ID=10309

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Show_Racism_the_Red_Card&ID=10242