The Falkirk FC Thread

anyone going to the stadium tomorrow for the fan ownership of the club meeting? I can't make it due to work but would be interested in what gets said or any options to buy shares. in my opinion this is far better than the bairns for life idea, if Houston hadn't gone then we'd have the situation where guys screaming about how bad Houston's signings were, would then be handing Houston a cheque to buy someone! if this meeting were to lead onto a position where fans takeover the club or  don't takeover but have a large shareholding then that should be a good thing for running the club.

With Scotland's elite club academies and centres of excellence  now known, and Falkirk not one of them, it is a long overdue reality check on the state of our own academy and youth set up.         It was the right idea to go on this strategy of having 2-3 youth players coming through a season. With the hope of the 7-8 million pounds sale to kick the club to the next level. It never happened and sucked up a lot of the clubs money on the way. The bit of class was Scott Arfield and Stephen Kingsley and were sold for peanuts compared to what they are worth now. The decade in the lower division and no prospect of promotion is the result..

The time has come to scrap the set up and start from scratch. Scouting , coaching  and the end product does not compare what clubs of our size have produced in the same decade.

The club could have spent that money on 2-3 quality players per season that could have brought the young players on far better.

Guest Back Post Misses
With Scotland's elite club academies and centres of excellence  now known, and Falkirk not one of them, it is a long overdue reality check on the state of our own academy and youth set up.         It was the right idea to go on this strategy of having 2-3 youth players coming through a season. With the hope of the 7-8 million pounds sale to kick the club to the next level. It never happened and sucked up a lot of the clubs money on the way. The bit of class was Scott Arfield and Stephen Kingsley and were sold for peanuts compared to what they are worth now. The decade in the lower division and no prospect of promotion is the result..
The time has come to scrap the set up and start from scratch. Scouting , coaching  and the end product does not compare what clubs of our size have produced in the same decade.
The club could have spent that money on 2-3 quality players per season that could have brought the young players on far better.

Had it not been for the money the Academy players brought in since relegation (c£3m) you would not have a club.

I would be looking somewhere else for the saving the current 70-80k the Academy costs.

Superfan could take a rain check on his 72k rising to 90k next season for his rental of the SS to star with.

I was travelling along the M9 today and my car was passed by a Merc convertible and it looked suspiciously like Hartley was in the passenger seat, I may be wrong...i do hope so, this guy looked like he had a minder with him and he looked like a dodgy drug baron/gangster/hitman straight of the plane from Columbia. If it was him, I thought it looked really dodgy as f**k [emoji36]The message is don't mess with him or you make wake up beside a horses head in you bed, oh ya Fucker! [emoji95]
Maybe he's gonna clear the players out one by one

I was travelling along the M9 today and my car was passed by a Merc convertible and it looked suspiciously like Hartley was in the passenger seat, I may be wrong...i do hope so, this guy looked like he had a minder with him and he looked like a dodgy drug baron/gangster/hitman straight of the plane from Columbia. If it was him, I thought it looked really dodgy as f**k [emoji36]The message is don't mess with him or you make wake up beside a horses head in you bed, oh ya Fucker! [emoji95]

My word.

12 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

There's feck all wrong with the academy at the moment. Yes the period where cyclops faither was in charge has puit us back a wee bit and we lost quite a few players but we were never going to get elite status whilst we are a championship club.

9 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

I was travelling along the M9 today and my car was passed by a Merc convertible and it looked suspiciously like Hartley was in the passenger seat, I may be wrong...i do hope so, this guy looked like he had a minder with him and he looked like a dodgy drug baron/gangster/hitman straight of the plane from Columbia. If it was him, I thought it looked really dodgy as f**k emoji36.pngThe message is don't mess with him or you make wake up beside a horses head in you bed, oh ya Fucker! emoji95.png

Falkirk need to win a game pronto. You lot have completely and utterly flipped.

Disciplinary News

•  

Disciplinary Update | Joseph McKee (Falkirk)

Thursday, 16 November 2017

The Judicial Panel Disciplinary case for Joseph McKee of Falkirk FC was called today and evidence was taken, but not completed.The case was continued until Tuesday, 5 December 2017 for the remaining evidence in the case to be heard.