The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

IF Falkirk do sign Williams, it'd be hilarious to see Williams and Harris on either wing for a game. It'd be the most narrow formation ever, as neither would get involved.

In all seriousness, Harris is probably better.

moz.jpg.a3d4bb8d7f5140aad512b31ab47c9038.jpg

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I have recently spoken fondly of the dees on here. Please dont persist in turning the screw in this instance. The boy is dropping down to a largely shite league.

Being honest, I'd have Harris every day of the week ahead of Williams.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have recently spoken fondly of the dees on here. Please dont persist in turning the screw in this instance. The boy is dropping down to a largely shite league.

It might work out, all the best.

A few months ago I'd have probably wept myself to sleep had Faiss joined Falkirk. We don't really have much room for him now though.
Would still be a shame to see him banging them in for you lot but good for his career to get back on track.

He's going nowhere.

11 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

Good news that Gasparotto is out of the door.  He's been absolutely rotten for us and his physique leaves a lot to be desired - too much time spent in Nando's and using his Just Eat app going by the size of his backside.

Unfortunately I don't think Harris will be out of the door any time soon.  For reasons unknown Houston gave him a 2 year deal and he's contracted to June 2019!   

If he gave the likes of Shepherd a two year deal i'm surprised Harris never got three! Harris must have been one of the worst kept secrets signing wise. Everyone knew he was going to be signed as soon as he left Hibs, despite having been injured, done nothing of note for seasons inc an average loan spell at Dundee, Ginge saw fit to lump us with him for two year, when a six month to a year deal would surely have made more sense for all parties.

7 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

If he gave the likes of Shepherd a two year deal i'm surprised Harris never got three! Harris must have been one of the worst kept secrets signing wise. Everyone knew he was going to be signed as soon as he left Hibs, despite having been injured, done nothing of note for seasons inc an average loan spell at Dundee, Ginge saw fit to lump us with him for two year, when a six month to a year deal would surely have made more sense for all parties.

6 weeks wouldve been too long.

39 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

6 weeks wouldve been too long.

This season he's been involved in the same or greater number of goals (assists or scoring) as Loy, Austin or Hippo. I don't think he's particularly good but he's not the biggest problem with the team currently. If Hartley is genuinely looking at another winger we have problems. How long have we been saying that we need full backs, yet still we are playing two CB's out of position when neither really have any pace. The central midfield is posted missing, forcing us to always play out wide, but we don't have any full backs to actually permit us to play with any width. Madness!

2 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

This season he's been involved in the same or greater number of goals (assists or scoring) as Loy, Austin or Hippo. I don't think he's particularly good but he's not the biggest problem with the team currently. If Hartley is genuinely looking at another winger we have problems. How long have we been saying that we need full backs, yet still we are playing two CB's out of position when neither really have any pace. The central midfield is posted missing, forcing us to always play out wide, but we don't have any full backs to actually permit us to play with any width. Madness!

My main issue with Harris though is that we all basically had a feeling he was going to be shit before we signed him with the best reaction being 'I'll give him a chance' or We'll just have to wait and see'. If the majority had major reservations on him then you've got to ask why Houston didnt. 

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

My main issue with Harris though is that we all basically had a feeling he was going to be shit before we signed him with the best reaction being 'I'll give him a chance' or We'll just have to wait and see'. If the majority had major reservations on him then you've got to ask why Houston didnt. 

Any signing has risk, our current manager reportedly had a view to signing Harris in the league above, so on that he may still feature. 

Balatoni very much in same vein of fans opinions as Harris

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Any signing has risk, our current manager reportedly had a view to signing Harris in the league above, so on that he may still feature. 

If Balatoni can work out how to play a backpass, I have every confidence in him taking this club back to our glory days. Been crying out for years for a centre half that can actually play a bit

41 minutes ago, MrDust said:

If Balatoni was perfect he wouldnt have signed for us I suppose. Most players at our level have some kind of flaws.  He's pretty solid in the main although there seems to be the odd heads gone moment . Reminds me a bit of Kenny Milne in that regard. Hes certainly done far more for us than Harris.  At least hartley only had Harris on loan at Dundee but I am surprised he didnt rate Martin Boyle who has been very decent for Hibs.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

If Balatoni was perfect he wouldnt have signed for us I suppose. Most players at our level have some kind of flaws.  He's pretty solid in the main although there seems to be the odd heads gone moment . Reminds me a bit of Kenny Milne in that regard. Hes certainly done far more for us than Harris.  At least hartley only had Harris on loan at Dundee but I am surprised he didnt rate Martin Boyle who has been very decent for Hibs.

He wanted to keep Boyle, but he knocked us back.