The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is the bigger problem not that your funding will be removed/reduced due to not being an "elite" club?

I'm not sure about all the details of Brave (is anyone?), but that would be an issue. Was just suggesting that our ability to attract players may not be impacted too much.

I'm fine with that. Hopefully he recovers the form he had when he was with us but even if he continues to be as disappointing as he was with Falkirk, he's still about a million times better than Darren Barr. With Kilday still out long term we desperately needed a centre back in, although if O'Ware is still out as well by the time we play Falkirk we're stuck with Barr for that one.

Just now, lanky_ffc said:

I'm not sure about all the details of Brave (is anyone?), but that would be an issue. Was just suggesting that our ability to attract players may not be impacted too much.

I could be wrong here but Dumbarton folded their Youth set up in anticipation of this being pushed through and the reason given was that all funding would be cut as it would now go to Elite clubs. I took that as meaning anyone who isn't an elite club essentially have to fund their youth set-up themselves.

Just now, The Moonster said:

I could be wrong here but Dumbarton folded their Youth set up in anticipation of this being pushed through and the reason given was that all funding would be cut as it would now go to Elite clubs. I took that as meaning anyone who isn't an elite club essentially have to fund their youth set-up themselves.

Somebody closer to the club (perhaps BPM) will know more, but it doesn't seem like there are any moves to disband ours at present. Perhaps we're just hoping this shambles doesn't actually come to fruition.

Shepperd, Gasparotto and Henderson out the door.

Harris goes next and Marshmallo explodes.

It'll be interesting to see what Hartley does with Harris. He signed him on loan for us - He started well - then quickly became anonymous (I suspect he had a similar time with you guys?). Yet Hartley raved about his potential and tried to sign him - Harris was suckling the Hibee teet at that point and turned us down.

So it'll be interesting to see if he's kept or not.

It'll be interesting to see what Hartley does with Harris. He signed him on loan for us - He started well - then quickly became anonymous (I suspect he had a similar time with you guys?). Yet Hartley raved about his potential and tried to sign him - Harris was suckling the Hibee teet at that point and turned us down.

So it'll be interesting to see if he's kept or not.

Harris has showed up for about 1 and a half games under us. Hopefully the shitebag is shipped off to the seaside leagues.

52 minutes ago, Scosha said:

You said he was bang average then he went on to finish the season with about 18 assists and 10+ goals IIRC. He hasn’t been on form this season but then the entire team has been poor. Still managed a goal against QOS though :thumsup2

I did. I also said he was enjoying a good run of form in the first half of last season.

Given he's reverted to bang average since about Christmas, I'd say I was pretty much spot on.

Good news that Gasparotto is out of the door.  He's been absolutely rotten for us and his physique leaves a lot to be desired - too much time spent in Nando's and using his Just Eat app going by the size of his backside.

Unfortunately I don't think Harris will be out of the door any time soon.  For reasons unknown Houston gave him a 2 year deal and he's contracted to June 2019!   

Good news that Gasparotto is out of the door.  He's been absolutely rotten for us and his physique leaves a lot to be desired - too much time spent in Nando's and using his Just Eat app going by the size of his backside.
Unfortunately I don't think Harris will be out of the door any time soon.  For reasons unknown Houston gave him a 2 year deal and he's contracted to June 2019!   

Nothing wrong with some Butterfly chicken and a fat arse.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Luca away eh.. Shame as he was the only signing from last season that probably could and should have been good. Had some good games for us too, namely Hibs away. When teams are shelling balls into your box and its backs to the wall he is excellent. Fucked if I know what his actual physical dimensions are about though. You couldnt bend wire that shape.

At the time I thought that Gaspo was a good signing but that's the sort of judgement that means I never put a coupon on!

Williams & El Bahktaoui in from Dundee, and Harris & Austin out, works for me.  

We were well warned that Harris had the heart of a pea, and so its proved.  His entire meaningful contribution has been limited to laying on a goal for the opposition FFS. Austin has gone so far off the rails this season that I actually wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Patrick Roberts wearing a Nathan Austin mask.  

Williams & El Bahktaoui in from Dundee, and Harris & Austin out, works for me.  
We were well warned that Harris had the heart of a pea, and so its proved.  His entire meaningful contribution has been limited to laying on a goal for the opposition FFS. Austin has gone so far off the rails this season that I actually wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Patrick Roberts wearing a Nathan Austin mask.  

El Bakhtaoui?[emoji1]