The Falkirk FC Thread

Houston gave 2 year deals to the likes of David Smith, Alex Cooper, Lewis Kidd, Luca Gasparotto and Alex fucking Harris.

Plus the continuing extensions of Paul Watson and Scott Sheppard ( 2 years, 2!)

Hartley has a big job on his hands here but we really need some points now. January will hopefully see a overhaul if anyone will take our players that’s another problem.

Not all of it. A fair chunk is Houston's responsibility as well. He's arguably left us in a worse condition than Hughes did when he left.

Interestingly, in the lead up to the season we all thought that we had a decent squad and had really good prospects.

Again, Houstie made plenty of mistakes, but the responsibility for our predicament just now lies with the players....not past managers.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Interestingly, in the lead up to the season we all thought that we had a decent squad and had really good prospects.

Nope. There were several, not just myself, who realised that wins against Forfar and Brechin in the Challenge Cup were in no way indicative of how we would do in the league, and could see that our squad was significantly weaker than last season's.

Nope. There were several, not just myself, who realised that wins against Forfar and Brechin in the Challenge Cup were in no way indicative of how we would do in the league, and could see that our squad was significantly weaker than last season's.

Irrespective, surely you agree that the squad that we do have should be rather higher up the table than they currently are?

We are delivering well below our abilities right now and that fault lies squarely with a lack of commitment being displayed by a number of the squad.

Guest Back Post Misses

Please explain?

We were happy when we got Houstie.

We were happy when we got Loy.

We were happy when we got Hartley.

What is it we expect from our Board and what would you propose as an alternative to what we have?

Genuinely I am happy to consider agreeing with constructive suggestions but virtually every clubs supporters nowadays blame the board when things go wrong but fail to propose a better solution.

I think our current squad have more responsibility for our on the park product at the moment.

When we have people like you who can't see the big picture we have no chance as a club.

Just look at the financial performance of St.Johnstone and compare them to us and it should tell you all you need to know about the respective clubs. One is well run by people who are committed and interested in doing as well as they can the other is owned by egotistical megalomaniacs who have royally failed our club from the minute they walked through the door 20 years ago.

This is not about us bringing in fucking Rory Loy FFS. £3m+ in transfer income since we went down and we are skint and 21st in the Scottish pyramid. If you are happy with that then hell mend us. They presided over Hughes mess and 8 years later they let Houston do exactly the same. Building a stadium that costs us a fortune and earns us nothing (just like Brockville) Spending money on vanity projects for the East Stand, paying back a pitch because they made a c**t of the business plan. Their mismanagement is disgraceful. We made £1.3m profit 2 years ago from record player sales and a cup run and it is gone mainly into the same people's pockets who caused the problem in the first place.

The new people involved in the Board have little chance as long as the likes of Ritchie, Liddell and McIntyre are hanging around in the shadows. Their task has to be to get new cash in and that should be the supporters goal too.

Love that him and McKee were written off before even pulling the navy blue on and they are proving the doubters wrong, anyone that signs for Falkirk should only be judged on what he does for us. 

Poor Alex Harris :( 

Even worse, just before the opening league game,

What a fucking team we are. Cannot wait till a week today.

#prayforbairnardo

When we have people like you who can't see the big picture we have no chance as a club.

Just look at the financial performance of St.Johnstone and compare them to us and it should tell you all you need to know about the respective clubs. One is well run by people who are committed and interested in doing as well as they can the other is owned by egotistical megalomaniacs who have royally failed our club from the minute they walked through the door 20 years ago.

This is not about us bringing in fucking Rory Loy FFS. £3m+ in transfer income since we went down and we are skint and 21st in the Scottish pyramid. If you are happy with that then hell mend us. They presided over Hughes mess and 8 years later they let Houston do exactly the same. Building a stadium that costs us a fortune and earns us nothing (just like Brockville) Spending money on vanity projects for the East Stand, paying back a pitch because they made a c**t of the business plan. Their mismanagement is disgraceful. We made £1.3m profit 2 years ago from record player sales and a cup run and it is gone mainly into the same people's pockets who caused the problem in the first place.

The new people involved in the Board have little chance as long as the likes of Ritchie, Liddell and McIntyre are hanging around in the shadows. Their task has to be to get new cash in and that should be the supporters goal too.

BPM your antipathy towards our board is well documented and I am sure that some of the points you make are valid.

My point is not that our Board are doing a great job. However I hate to see supporters have a go at the Board without justifying their reasons particularly when it’s clear at the moment that we really should be higher than 21st with the players we have.

Onto your points. St Johnstone are a well documented success story that we all strive for but that success has been fed by being in the fortunate position of being in the SPL for many years with only one club going down and no playoffs giving them time to consolidate. Good management too theres no doubt.

We on the other hand fucked up in our latter seasons with poor club management decisions. Yes the board have a key responsibility there too.

It’s also fair to say that clubs of similar stature to St Johnstone include St Mirren, Dunfermline and Raith Rovers so whilst we want to be there we are not the only club in this predicament.

I am still not clear what the magic cure is to your frustration with the people in charge though. Are there a plethora of people with lots of cash waiting in the wings to take over? Why are they not visible by now? As you say we have had 20 years of this.

Let’s also remember their predecessors such as the Fultons so any change will far from guarantee future success.

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Absolute Nonsense. We have every chance if just a few people in the right place have the foresight and vision. But as you point out that’s a big IF.

There will always be people needed to be able to see beyond the right now to drive us forward, who will that be? My money would go anywhere apart from. Doug Henderson.

The board have now following the project brave fallout confirmed that they are unable to effectively execute against their own strategy for youth development at the highest level.

Time to get the mutual consent terminations out and give the likes of Dunne, Blues and Stowe a place in the team ahead of the dross. Let a youngish team mature in the mid table mediocrity we are facing this season and prepare for a real push next year.

Guest Back Post Misses
Absolute Nonsense. We have every chance if just a few people in the right place have the foresight and vision. But as you point out that’s a big IF.
There will always be people needed to be able to see beyond the right now to drive us forward, who will that be? My money would go anywhere apart from. Doug Henderson.
The board have now following the project brave fallout confirmed that they are unable to effectively execute against their own strategy for youth development at the highest level.
Time to get the mutual consent terminations out and give the likes of Dunne, Blues and Stowe a place in the team ahead of the dross. Let a youngish team mature in the mid table mediocrity we are facing this season and prepare for a real push next year.

It won’t change fundamentally until new financial partners are in place. I am supportive of the new Chair and CEO, but they have a inherited a mess. (CEO and Chairman’s words not mine).

Project Brave was never a goer for any club in this league and was always set up to ensure the stronger got stronger.

I would love to see more youngsters brought in but are you really that confident that we would pick up another 30 or so points in the remaining 24 games that would lead us to safety? I think we will need to see some new experience brought in in the window.

We have 9 points from 12 games so far.

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

So can we all agree now that Alex Harris is complete Dog shite and I was right all along?:thumsup2:thumsup2:thumsup2

Longridge was worse on Saturday. In the 2nd half I genuinely forgot he was on the pitch and in the first half he missed an absolute nailed on chance to play in McKee for a clear shot at goal.