The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe not too apparent for those at the game but we had a great chance in the 1st half when Longridge was running through and he had Harris (I think) on his right in acres of space who would have had only the keeper to beat but, for some reason, decided to turn back into the defenders and lost the ball.

There seemed to be a lot of that today. Lots of charging with the ball straight into players instead looking for a pass. Certainly gives off a vibe of not really trusting one another to do the job. Lots of players trying to Roy of the Rovers their way to glory in the meantime forgetting that they're pish.

January cant come soon enough.

3 minutes ago, TheBigYa said:

There seemed to be a lot of that today. Lots of charging with the ball straight into players instead looking for a pass. Certainly gives off a vibe of not really trusting one another to do the job. Lots of players trying to Roy of the Rovers their way to glory in the meantime forgetting that they're pish.

Aye, Hippolyte's the worst offender for that. At one point today we were moving forward and he had a teammate inside for an easy pass but decided to do a 360 degree turn in order to run into a defender instead!

17 minutes ago, TheBigYa said:

that was one of my main gripes with the performance today as well, Longridge in particular showed he was capable of picking the right pass and finding a man until he got close to the goal and was desperate to score, that and everyone's crossing was utter shite, i hope Hartley left them under no impression that 'putting it into a good area' when there is no one fucking their doesn't count as good play and if there is only 1 man in the box you have to look up and find him with the cross.

A cup exit is no bad thing.
It'll enable the club to really concentrate on getting relegated.

‘Stop being so bloody stupid’.

Are you a 70 yr old woman? Cos I think my mum has better banter than you, you fucking boring b*****d.

17 minutes ago, ka202 said:

‘Stop being so bloody stupid’.

Are you a 70 yr old woman? Cos I think my mum has better banter than you, you fucking boring b*****d.

Bravo.  That's just the sort of thing I was after.

Most posters on here had the good sense to ignore me and get on with the discussion.  Not you though.  Never change daftie.

9 hours ago, TheBigYa said:

It's almost like we've got a lot of players really desperate for the new manager to notice them.

We are truly fucked if that the level of effort and performance we are going to get from this squad of skidmarks for the rest of the season.

How can we offload this shite in the January window? Who the f**k would take them?

The new manager effect hasn't come and the players look unfit and unwilling to change. :(

after the ict game yesterday can we not discuss football in here.... we were rotten! 1st half we played ok and were slightly the better team and yet we made 1 chance, 2nd half was as bad as we've been for years. having seen us v united, the pars and st mirren  I can say there's no team in this league that looks great or stands out unfortunately we are just a little bit more consistent at being crap.

I'm not going to criticise houston for the squad as so many are doing, hindsight is a wonderful thing!! 30 mins into the 1st game of the season v st mirren  (before loy got hurt and our keeper threw one in the net!) if you'd took a survey most fans would have us wrapping the league up before xmas. we had a team who for the last couple of seasons have been better than everyone except rangers and hibs, this season though loy hasn't worked out, austin has went backwards big time, leaving us woefully short upfront, Houston obviously thought gallacher was the prospect he'd been hyped up to be instead he simply wasn't ready to step up, leaving leahy as a huge loss, muirhead at right back means we have no attacking option as he can't bomb up and down like a natural overlapping right back, we've been spoiled by the quality of our keepers for years but thomson has been shaky so confidence has gone at the back. the midfield can play unfortunately the confidence issue right through our team means they'll play safety first sideways and backward passes rather than risk a forward pass.

the only positives I can see are that hartley seems to like a more  attacking  team than houston and we have the January window to change things. I've tried to stay optimistic but it looks like this season is about staying up,  rebuilding and getting things right for next season. 

Its a squad that need a clear out. Good players for the last few years are not as good as they were.  Vaulks and Alston were big players to replace, and is shows how their quality made better players of those around them. Hartley has to do a Jack Ross and get 7-8 out in the transfer window and as good as create a new team and mindset. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I want to see Loy and Austin play together. If that doesnt work then I will accept that Loy isnt going to work out for us. On the face of it I would persist with him.

If I were to speculate though on his failure to pick up, I would guess that whatever there is between him and Hartley, he is resigned to moving on in January and is playing accordingly.

I hope that is not the case though as unlike some I do not believe he has suddenly become a bad footballer. He looked fine until the injury at St Mirren. His absence following that though, there was something off about it all. Something that wasnt public knowledge. I dont really care or want to know, but there has been something with him ans it remains to be seen if he can get back to the player he can be.

I agree he is a good footballer. Very good in fact.

It's his attitude and effort that is honking. He doesn't give a shit. And I think that is impacting our whole squad.

What do you think is between him and Hartley ?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know. There has been rumours they never got on at Dundee. Of course Hartley denied it, but the proof will be in the pudding. Loy should be up to match fit by now. If we dont bring him in to start when the current starters are not scoring what does that tell you?

Agree with your point. He could potentially be our worst signing ever. His attitude seems to have dragged the other players down.

If he is not fit then thats his own doing.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He will only fall into that bracket if something unseen prevents him from even getting a run of starts.

His contribution since coming back from injury is fairly irrelevant since it has been bit part sub appearances. He looked perfectly good prior. Then something happened. The reasons for him not getting started in a game like lastnight is more of a concern to me than his failure to swing a game from the bench that was already away from us.

I guess my point is we wont know if he can hit form unless he starts games. If he cant get a start despite being available and those who are starting beimg unable to score, we can safely assume non footballing reasons are to blame and he will be out the door.

Fair enough.

I hope he proves me wrong. Getting fit would be a good start for me.

He defo has talent.

13 hours ago, Russ said:

Yeah I stupidly travelled up for the game as well. Was delighted it didn’t go to extra-time don’t think I could’ve handled another 30 minutes of that.

Nah there was definitely a load of Dean Shiels chants from the shuttle boys. Was pretty disgusting tbh.

Was it a minority singing about Dene Shiels ? Not that that makes it ok.

Was it a minority singing about Dene Shiels ? Not that that makes it ok.

It was the 20 or so young boys from the ‘Jimmy Gilmour Shuttle’.

They had obviously been drinking most of the day and were trying to get some atmosphere going. Cieran Dunne for example the constant singing of his name and them asking for pictures with him etc.. at half time would have made his night.

However there really was no excuse for the ‘Starships’ song. Really hope they cut out that shit.

21 minutes ago, Russ said:

It was the 20 or so young boys from the ‘Jimmy Gilmour Shuttle’.

They had obviously been drinking most of the day and were trying to get some atmosphere going. Cieran Dunne for example the constant singing of his name and them asking for pictures with him etc.. at half time would have made his night.

However there really was no excuse for the ‘Starships’ song. Really hope they cut out that shit.

Hopefully it's just a one off due to the publicity of this week.

Rags like the Daily Record will be all over this.