The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, BigSpow said:

I'm gutted to say that Loy is done as a player! Offers nothing to the team.

Hartley made a stupid fuckin mistake by taking Austin off. Both he an Loy need a partner up front, neither are suited to a loan striker's role and Austin was actually starting to get at the defence.

It's even worse watching us on the telly than live as you tend to get caught up in things a wee bit when at the game. Hippo was fuckin abysmal, Longridge anonymous and, despite getting by his man a few times, Harris could barely clear the first man with his crosses. Dunne was also shite when he came on.

Having said all of that I do think that we were unlucky with the goal as it was a ricochet that set bell up.

I think Hartley will do well to keep us clear of the relegation play offs and I really fear for us next week as it would appear that we're going to have no defensive midfielders available at all!

As someone who was there, I can tell you for sure that not one hardy travelling fan was getting caught up in that pish in the slightest. Frozen solid and numbed by the utter soulless bilge our team has served up all year.

Deserved greenie for two reasons:

1. Bring there
2. Staying to the end

4-2-3-1 is our downfall, we don't have the players for it, its Elvis pish again and even he scrapped it...

We will be in trouble if Hartley continues with the top team formation,  top teams have the quality to make it work, we dont

You only have to look at Utd last season who persevered with it and their fortune changed when they went 4-4-2....fancy formations don't work with shite

Edited by MrDust

29 minutes ago, MrDust said:

4-2-3-1 is our downfall, we don't have the players for it, its Elvis pish again and even he scrapped it...

We will be in trouble if Hartley continues with the top team formation,  top teams have the quality to make it work, we dont

You only have to look at Utd last season who persevered with it and their fortune changed when they went 4-4-2....fancy formations don't work with shite

Agree to a point but he needs his own players to make his preferred system work.

This season is about ending above Brechin and Dumbarton then judging him next season.

I think we have to give Hartley time to bring his own players in. As they say you can't polish a turd and he has inherited a turd of a squad.

I'll be happy if we stay up and he gets January and the summer to ship the shit out and lets see how we go when he gets his own players in.