The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

I thought everyone was in agreement that not reporting a hate crime is condoning it, what did the guy expect to happen. Also not sure I buy the bit about his age most children know not to make comments about disabilities.

Also to put the ban into context if you were a fan and shouted a similar thing at anyone with a disability then you’d be in court and issued with a football banning order of at least 6 months and a fine. Hope the young guy learns from his mistakes and that Falkirk put him on a Equality and Diversity training course.

And yet if you were to elbow someone in the face at work you would be sacked or in the street you would be charged with assault but in football you just get a 2 game ban. Lovely thing context isn't it.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

A boy on the Falkirk Herald Facebook page yesterday referred to immigrants as a "different species" yesterday.

The Herald Facebook page has been all over the shop for the last couple of weeks - its as if the normal person isn't there and they have dragged some 12 year old off the street to run it instead blud!

How the f**k can a Pars fan afford a taxi? Was the driver called Tony by any chance?

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

:P

A player can be emergency loaned for a maximum of 93 days (and I believe a minimum of 28 days). There is a limit, I think it's 2 but I could be wrong there.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Do you happen to know if the same player can then be loaned to the same club for a further 93 days? Should be a daft question because that would make a mockery of the 93 day limit in the 1st place but we are talking about the Scottish footballing authorities here!

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If the loan expires during a transfer window then they could extend the loan but I don't believe you can do it twice with the same player outwith transfer windows.

Did somebody sound the SD horn?

Moonster is right that the maximum emergency loan length is 93 days (the minimum length is 28 days). It can also start as a 28 day loan and be extended up to 93 or any number in between as long as it's extended before it expires).

He's wrong however about there being a limit of 2. It's far more complicated than that:
You can have a maximum of 4 domestic standard or emergency loan players at a time (and five for a season in total). There's no maximum in terms of the split between them. All four could be emergency or all four could be standard.
Only one player at a time can have been over 23 on 1st January in the year the season began (so for this season than means only one at a time, and two in total, can have been born before 1st January 1994.
A maximum of two players can be on loan from the same club, or one player if that club is in the same division.

Note - there are different limits on Development Loans which don't count in the numbers above and international loans, including those from England, don't count at all as officially they aren't loans.

Note also that there's absolutely nothing in the rules preventing the same player from being loaned on successive emergency loans. If you had no more than one other loan you could conceivably loan the same player on four successive distinct emergency loans across a season. As emergency loans are not restricted to transfer windows then that's irrelevant, though you can't sign anyone, on any type of loan, after 31 March each season.

EDITED to add: Emergency loans are discontinued after this season . They've been outlawed by FIFA in leagues that use windows so it won't be allowed next season anyway.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Falkirk really is a devastatingly terrible place by the sounds of it.

Taxi driver on saturday was going on a big rant about how everyone in Falkirk is a smackhead.

Yup, we are all on smack, 24/7. I'm on smack right now as i'm typing. In-fact I think i'm gonna go and ride around in taxis and tell the drivers about it. I'll be sure to give them urine samples as well so they can confirm I am, in-fact, high as a kite and not just overly happy at how glorious it is that people's ridiculous opinions keep the house prices down.