The Falkirk FC Thread

You have to wonder if Falkirk should just be thrown out of football.

All those years of cheating, they can’t get out of the second tier and now they have resorted to mocking the disabled.

Almost as bad as the old Rangers.

What, you don't think that's a possibility? Quelle surprise!
It would be interesting to see the stats regards clubs reporting issues to the league. You may be aware that Dunfermline have done it more than once and not always about the same club.

I thought everyone was in agreement that not reporting a hate crime is condoning it, what did the guy expect to happen. Also not sure I buy the bit about his age most children know not to make comments about disabilities.

Also to put the ban into context if you were a fan and shouted a similar thing at anyone with a disability then you’d be in court and issued with a football banning order of at least 6 months and a fine. Hope the young guy learns from his mistakes and that Falkirk put him on a Equality and Diversity training course.

22 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

No really a derby tbh.

I think this argument is misunderstood on Falkirk's part.

Nobody contests the intensity of the rivalry, but it a semantic argument that you are no geographically close enough for it to class as a derby.

It doesn't matter either way though tbf.

42 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I thought everyone was in agreement that not reporting a hate crime is condoning it, what did the guy expect to happen. Also not sure I buy the bit about his age most children know not to make comments about disabilities.

Also to put the ban into context if you were a fan and shouted a similar thing at anyone with a disability then you’d be in court and issued with a football banning order of at least 6 months and a fine. Hope the young guy learns from his mistakes and that Falkirk put him on a Equality and Diversity training course.

I'm talking about McKee who, apparently, is denying the allegations.

If he does, and is telling the truth, then there's nothing to report.

At this stage I'm struggling to think of a player in our team that we could realistically say would be a disaster if they got banned for 8 games. MGhee looks about our most consistent right now and I suppose him being out would mean Gallagher had to play and we'd start shipping 3 goals a game again. 

On a side note, does anybody think this might have helped Hartley make the case for an emergency loan for Longridge? I wonder if he knew about it already. Seems weird that we were able to get that through as an emergency when at that point we still had a load of fit attacking players (even if they were all playing like crap at the time). 

1 minute ago, PipoIsABairn said:

On a side note, does anybody think this might have helped Hartley make the case for an emergency loan for Longridge? I wonder if he knew about it already. Seems weird that we were able to get that through as an emergency when at that point we still had a load of fit attacking players (even if they were all playing like crap at the time). 

No "case" needs to be made. You don't need to be ravaged by injuries to get someone in on Emergency Loan. The "emergency" part is more to do with the length of the loan than having any club prove that they really don't have anyone else to play. It's far more likely that Hartley has looked at his squad and thought "I need some more quality" rather than compensating for O'Hara or McKee being a fud.

2 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

At this stage I'm struggling to think of a player in our team that we could realistically say would be a disaster if they got banned for 8 games. MGhee looks about our most consistent right now and I suppose him being out would mean Gallagher had to play and we'd start shipping 3 goals a game again. 

'Emergency loan' is a bit of a misnomer. There doesn't have to be an 'emergency' as such as any team can loan a player at any time. I'm a bit unsure of the length of the loan though, think it's maybe only for 3 months or so and I also think there's a limit on the number of players that can be loaned in this way. SD would be able to tell us.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

No "case" needs to be made. You don't need to be ravaged by injuries to get someone in on Emergency Loan. The "emergency" part is more to do with the length of the loan than having any club prove that they really don't have anyone else to play. It's far more likely that Hartley has looked at his squad and thought "I need some more quality" rather than compensating for O'Hara or McKee being a fud.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can type faster than me!

Just now, ShaggerG said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can type faster than me!

:P

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

'Emergency loan' is a bit of a misnomer. There doesn't have to be an 'emergency' as such as any team can loan a player at any time. I'm a bit unsure of the length of the loan though, think it's maybe only for 3 months or so and I also think there's a limit on the number of players that can be loaned in this way. SD would be able to tell us.

A player can be emergency loaned for a maximum of 93 days (and I believe a minimum of 28 days). There is a limit, I think it's 2 but I could be wrong there.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

:P

A player can be emergency loaned for a maximum of 93 days (and I believe a minimum of 28 days). There is a limit, I think it's 2 but I could be wrong there.

Do you happen to know if the same player can then be loaned to the same club for a further 93 days? Should be a daft question because that would make a mockery of the 93 day limit in the 1st place but we are talking about the Scottish footballing authorities here!

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Do you happen to know if the same player can then be loaned to the same club for a further 93 days? Should be a daft question because that would make a mockery of the 93 day limit in the 1st place but we are talking about the Scottish footballing authorities here!

If the loan expires during a transfer window then they could extend the loan but I don't believe you can do it twice with the same player outwith transfer windows.

3 hours ago, Russ said:

So assuming he has said something offensive he absolutely deserved to be punished. I do find 8 games to be quite excessive (was only expecting around a 3 game ban) but obviously they are trying to send out a message that comments of the like are unacceptable

This is the part that annoys me.

Would they use a big team as their lab rat?I highly doubt it.

It reeks of when a certain ref used us as test monkeys for the penalty rules that were never seen again after we had been screwed.

What the f**k did we do to piss off the SFA?

21 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The Falkirk fans on this thread have all written  to their local council complaining about refugees getting council houses when there's still potholes in the roads.

A boy on the Falkirk Herald Facebook page yesterday referred to immigrants as a "different species" yesterday.

3 hours ago, AL0011 said:

Seriously mate ? , so am guessing your the kind of person lets go round in circles till i get the answer i want.  Your the exact type of person thats caused the world we live in i dont like the answer so am stamping my feet till i get what i want.  The same type of person that sacked his job as a teacher cause he didnt get finished till half 6 in the evening.  Mate just stop going to football in fact f**k it am going to ask DAFC if they can install safe spaces for offensive singing by your support next time at East End.  So everyones allowed to have an opinion as long as it agrees with yours.  I didnt see many of your support mentioning the racial abuse directed at Hippolyte and Austin.  Its only offensive if you choose it to be offensive, you do realise that its possible to be annoyed about something acknowledge it and move on with your life ffs get a grip.

I hope your going to apologise to  all those people you have slagged off took the piss out off or offended then or you took the piss out of, by the way that includes Irish Jokes, Jokes about sexuuality people being ugly, thick etc 

Ooft!