The Falkirk FC Thread

Shiels is playing professional football, how can he be classified as disabled? He’d never qualify for disability benefit, cannot even be classified as partially sighted. Having one eye doesn’t make you disabled , the other eye compensates.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if as a Former Northern Ireland and Rangers player Shiels  gave sectarian abuse to O’hara and the teenager responded to the man in his thirties in an unkind manner.

Shiels is playing professional football, how can he be classified as disabled? He’d never qualify for disability benefit, cannot even be classified as partially sighted. Having one eye doesn’t make you disabled , the other eye compensates.
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if as a Former Northern Ireland and Rangers player Shiels  gave sectarian abuse to O’hara and the teenager responded to the man in his thirties in an unkind manner.

If anyone bites to this they deserve all they get tbf.

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Seething

That we apparently live in a society where shit like this still not only happens, but so many people can't even see what's wrong with it? yes.

1 minute ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

bore off you stupid c**t.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What have I participated in? Pointing out an obvious wind-up? Yes, yes I am interested in that.

I'm really not surprised that you're on the wrong side of the debate.  Never mind you might get a few greenies from grateful Falkirk fans.

32 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Am not condoning mocking Shiels disability its the fact no matter what someones opinion or thoughts are your guaranteed to offend someone. But as i mentioned if its good enough to punish O Hara for mocking Shiels then its good enough for Dunfermline as a club to be punished for racial abuse by their own fans for abuse directed at 2 Falkirk players for having a different skin colour. as your saying its not ok to mock a mans disability but feel free to hurl racial abuse.

Either way your hurling abuse at someone for one or the other reason doesnt mean ones more acceptable than the other.  Whatever argument there is your opining a can of worms so next game at east end park and abuse is hurled at Falkirk supporters do we write a letter of complaint to Dunfermline because your abuse directed at our support crossed the line and offended us or vice versa .  See the point am trying to make here, wheres the line drawn.

40 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Am not condoning mocking Shiels disability its the fact no matter what someones opinion or thoughts are your guaranteed to offend someone. But as i mentioned if its good enough to punish O Hara for mocking Shiels then its good enough for Dunfermline as a club to be punished for racial abuse by their own fans for abuse directed at 2 Falkirk players for having a different skin colour. as your saying its not ok to mock a mans disability but feel free to hurl racial abuse.

Either way your hurling abuse at someone for one or the other reason doesnt mean ones more acceptable than the other.  Whatever argument there is your opining a can of worms so next game at east end park and abuse is hurled at Falkirk supporters do we write a letter of complaint to Dunfermline because your abuse directed at our support crossed the line and offended us or vice versa .  See the point am trying to make here, wheres the line drawn.

Just stop, FFS.

I'm guessing we won't get the facts from this one, which is part of the problem in football and doesn't help us fix the issues.

The incident was just in front of where I sit and you could tell O'Hara was pointing at his eye and saying something in anger, which at the time we were saying he was an arse for what we could guess was happening.

The ref will have known at the time, even if he didn't hear/see it as Shields ran round telling everyone on the park-both teams-one by one like a distressed girl, so not sure why it wasn't dealt with fully at the time.

Be interesting to know what Shiels said to O'Hara to spark such a reaction, as well as booting him up and down the park of course.

Still, he shouldn't have reacted in the way that he did; a harsh lesson for the young lad which hopefully he learns from.

29 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Just stop, FFS.

Are you trying to tell me you have never in your life said something that offended someone or mocked someone for race, religion body size mentally challeneged etc gtf .

like i say lot of folk that claim to be holier than thou on this one that have never uttered a bad word against anyone or said anything in jest to anyone.

Be interesting to know what Shiels said to O'Hara to spark such a reaction, as well as booting him up and down the park of course.
Still, he shouldn't have reacted in the way that he did; a harsh lesson for the young lad which hopefully he learns from.

What Shiels said is irrelevant, but O'Hara said was abhorrent, 8 games not long enough, should have sat out the rest of the season

11 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Are you trying to tell me you have never in your life said something that offended someone or mocked someone for race, religion body size mentally challeneged etc gtf .

like i say lot of folk that claim to be holier than thou on this one that have never uttered a bad word against anyone or said anything in jest to anyone.

I'm saying that it's possible not to be a heinous c**t. For most of us, at least.