The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
50 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I think 8 games is about right to be fair. That's seriously low from O'Hara (and McKee if proven guilty).

I believe McKee will get a much shorter ban

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Twitter is no better...

Can't believe Falkirk fans are so oblivious to the damage this is doing to the club's reputation.

O'Hara 1.png

O'Hara 2.png

f**k off you boring sanctimonious fanny

So i will grant some of the Fifers comments on here but where do you draw the line, O Hara was responsible for say comments to Shiels but on that logic surely Dunfermline are just as culpable for racial abuse directed at Hippolyte and Austin from their fans.  You still get Celtic with the IRA songs and Sevco being up to their knees in ****** blood but nothing is done about them so where do you actually draw the line with any of it as all are just as equally as bad.

Its a snow flake generation where everyone is offended by something in fact f**k it lets go for safe spaces at football stadiums for those that cant stand the chants etc directed at them.

If what O'Hara said was bad enough to warrant an 8-game ban why was he only given a yellow by the ref at the time? :blink:

I thought if the ref had dealt with an incident during the match then they couldn't come back later and issue a ban etc?

12 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Its a snow flake generation

^^^ Isn't happy that he can no longer be a sexist, racist bigot in peace.

I agree that if any Pars fan directed racial abuse towards Hippolyte and/or Austin, they should be banned.

7 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

If what O'Hara said was bad enough to warrant an 8-game ban why was he only given a yellow by the ref at the time? :blink:

This is a good point. Not taking any action on the pitch is strange. Perhaps the SFA report explains this.

1 minute ago, spud131 said:

I thought if the ref had dealt with an incident during the match then they couldn't come back later and issue a ban etc?

I'm not sure of the finer points of the rules but it seems bloody odd to me that O'Hara said something, was issued a yellow for it then weeks later it's suddenly worth an 8-game ban.

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just when you think you've read the stupidest post on this website, P&B always surprises you.

yeah, you turn up with the inevitability of an unloved season.

Probably the referee didn't hear anything. If the Dunfermline management team reported it to him after the final whistle. He is then duty bound to include in his report. The compliance officer then investigates and gathers evidence from witnesses and video.

Dunfermline have a history of complaining. They did it to Cowden when we played them when Colin Nish was the manager. Their media team interviewed him after the game and he was critical of the ref. They then sent the tape to the compliance officer !

Why are one-eyed people so special? What is the difference between calling someone a fat or ginger or baldy or lanky or ugly so and so   To calling someone a one eyed so and so.  Yes, it’s distateful, but worthy of a ban?  

He isn’t classified as disabled, he can drive, wouldn’t be eligible for benefits. He’s missing an eye, some people are missing hair or teeth.
Is calling someone a baldy X or a gapped tooth Y mocking the disabled? 

Embarrassing reaction to a player mocking the disabled.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

So no condemnation by Falkirk fans on here of O'Hara for comments that have earned him an 8 match ban?

Classy as f*ck guys.

Are you honestly surprised?

They seem to be more for joining in than condemning disablist jibes.

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

^^^ Isn't happy that he can no longer be a sexist, racist bigot in peace.

I agree that if any Pars fan directed racial abuse towards Hippolyte and/or Austin, they should be banned.

Am not condoning mocking Shiels disability its the fact no matter what someones opinion or thoughts are your guaranteed to offend someone. But as i mentioned if its good enough to punish O Hara for mocking Shiels then its good enough for Dunfermline as a club to be punished for racial abuse by their own fans for abuse directed at 2 Falkirk players for having a different skin colour. as your saying its not ok to mock a mans disability but feel free to hurl racial abuse.

Either way your hurling abuse at someone for one or the other reason doesnt mean ones more acceptable than the other.  Whatever argument there is your opining a can of worms so next game at east end park and abuse is hurled at Falkirk supporters do we write a letter of complaint to Dunfermline because your abuse directed at our support crossed the line and offended us or vice versa .  See the point am trying to make here, wheres the line drawn.

3 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Are you honestly surprised?

They seem to be more for joining in than condemning disablist jibes.

and your excuse for Dunfermline fans giving racial abuse ? hypocrisy knows no boundaries with you lot