The Falkirk FC Thread

Had to laugh at the comments on the Edinburgh city thread.  Raving about Scott shepherd but not fans of the big slow guy up front called farid. You would never have thought that going by their performances in the navy blue.  Just shows you how things change.

In fairness Farid has done very little since leaving us and does look completely done now.

There is however absolutely no excuse for anyone rating Scott Shepherd.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

In fairness Farid has done very little since leaving us and does look completely done now.

There is however absolutely no excuse for anyone rating Scott Shepherd.

On a plus point if he keeps it up he might have a permanent move to Edinburgh City am sure the club could wave any fee to let him move on.

22 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

that's us played dundee United st mirren and dunfermline at home recently arguably the 3 top sides in the league. none of them beat us and all looked really poor. we aren't great but it gives me some hope that if we can start stringing some wins together soon all of these teams are going to drop points regularly and ground will be made up. first things first we need someone to score goals.

Unfortunately, for you, there are 5 other teams between you and the top 3. Not all of them can drop points every week.

Last season St Mirren were 14 points off 4th after 12 games. Even with the run they went on they still ended up 9 points outside the play offs.

After 12 games Falkirk are 12 points off 4th

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You think, or you have taken the time to check?

Just a hunch.

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yip and the last 3 Dunfermline managers have all failed to pick up 3 points at tfs.

Must have imagined Jim McIntyre leading the Pars to 6/6 in Grangemouth on our way to romping the title in 2011.

Unless you were counting John Potter, who never once managed Dunfermline against Falkirk. More likely you made an absolute c**t of it.

21 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Just a hunch.

Must have imagined Jim McIntyre leading the Pars to 6/6 in Grangemouth on our way to romping the title in 2011.

Unless you were counting John Potter, who never once managed Dunfermline against Falkirk. More likely you made an absolute c**t of it.

Where is my statement incorrect? Potter never got 3 points at tfs, neither did jeffries nor has johnston. Did  I ever at any point say they had to have played us .?

Anyway 49 wins to 34 shows you guys have been bossed by us throughout scottish football history.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

23 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Where is my statement incorrect? Potter never got 3 points at tfs, neither did jeffries nor has johnston. Did  I ever at any point say they had to have played us .?

Anyway 49 wins to 34 shows you guys have been bossed by us throughout scottish football history.

Hahaha some man

Unfortunately, for you, there are 5 other teams between you and the top 3. Not all of them can drop points every week.
Last season St Mirren were 14 points off 4th after 12 games. Even with the run they went on they still ended up 9 points outside the play offs.

yes reasonable point and to be fair qos and Livingston are the best two sides I've seen at Falkirk this season. it's a well matched league which is why it's a shame we haven't got our act together

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

I think we'll certainly improve after xmas but even the playoffs are too far for us now I would think.  Hopefully we'll start our run way before St Mirren though who didnt get things going till february.

According to Hartley, Saturday was your best performance of the season in the eyes of the players. Would you guys agree?

For anyone who hasn't seen Hartley's comments post-match , they can be found here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/06/hartley-pleased-despite-draw/

How's the Hartley era going? Massive improvement from Houston?

According to Hartley, Saturday was your best performance of the season in the eyes of the players. Would you guys agree?
For anyone who hasn't seen Hartley's comments post-match , they can be found here:
https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/06/hartley-pleased-despite-draw/
How's the Hartley era going? Massive improvement from Houston?

He has a really big job on his hands but in my opinion he will get it right.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

To be fair to him it's not just Falkirk threads he fills up. He is consistently on a lot of threads.

P&B is obviously a big, big part of the guys social life. He could be getting up to worse things.

I almost exclusively post at work these days. Never let your job get in the way of P&B.

edit realise I may have confused some Falkirk fans - A job is a paid position of regular employment.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre