The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just watched the Ciaran Dunne interview and it was bloody magic. To see what it meant to that young boy to pull on the Navy Blue was absolutely fantastic. His father in tears on hearing his boy made his debut.

If Hartley does nothing else at our club the way he is treating and inspiring the young boys is f*cking magic.

Well done Ciaran on a great debut and well done Paul on giving him the chance.

Great interview but a sad enditement on the previous regime. If Houston had hung around much longer this young lad may have moved elsewhere or been lost entirely from the game. Never mind at least we would still have Scott shepherd.

Great interview but a sad enditement on the previous regime. If Houston had hung around much longer this young lad may have moved elsewhere or been lost entirely from the game. Never mind at least we would still have Scott shepherd.

Who knows we might even see Shepherd improve under Hartley.

Have I taken that too far ?

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who knows we might even see Shepherd improve under Hartley.

Have I taken that too far ?

Afraid so. Hartley may win us the league this season but theirs miracles and then turning shepherd into a player. Guys had more than enough chances and he's even been murder for the u20s the last few times I've seen him.

Re the South Stand Bar: You've got to wonder about the Falkirk fans/keyboard warriors on this forum, they asked for years for a South Stand fans bar, now its open they complain that its only shitey chart music that is played and Sky sports isn't on. What do you want, its only been open about 4 times - give the club a break. Better giving your dosh to the club that a pub up the toon

1 minute ago, razamanaz said:

Re the South Stand Bar: You've got to wonder about the Falkirk fans/keyboard warriors on this forum, they asked for years for a South Stand fans bar, now its open they complain that its only shitey chart music that is played and Sky sports isn't on. What do you want, its only been open about 4 times - give the club a break. Better giving your dosh to the club that a pub up the toon

Why do they not stick a tv up and stream old falkirk games from falkirktv over youtube. At least that would be better than the shit music.

58 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Went to look before the game - not as desolate as some were making out. Can see they've tried to decorate it, still a bit to go. 

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No I take my boy to the game. Typically you've got to be 18 to get in. I thought we were a family club?

How can you complain about it then? (That was rhetorical ). 

Am I right in thinking that under 18s are not allowed in any licensed premises unless food is being served? Probably not in this day and age I suppose but, if so, the club obviously would not want to be seen flouting the law. If they are allowed, I would imagine that it's a measure to try to control numbers?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

How can you complain about it then? (That was rhetorical ). 

Am I right in thinking that under 18s are not allowed in any licensed premises unless food is being served? Probably not in this day and age I suppose but, if so, the club obviously would not want to be seen flouting the law. If they are allowed, I would imagine that it's a measure to try to control numbers?

I was making a suggestion not complaining. Just when you can't take weans in it's another thing that prevents many people going into it.

The club have asked for memorabilia to be donated for the walls and I understand Brian from BTW has donated the stuff they used to have on the walls.

Regarding the TV they seem fine to get BT in there but sky want a bloody fortune for it.

Anyone in the know will be aware of the kind of prices they charge and for a place that's open about 6 hours a month they quite simply aren't going to make that cash back.

I hear they want to show the Inverness away cup match in there as long as they get enough interest.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

just had a look this morning and I haven't seen us win in the league for seven months. considering I am a season ticket holder and go to some away games that's quite some statistic

We've played 20 games this season off the top of my head.

Games I've been to: P10 W0 D5 L5

Games I've not been to: P10 W10 D0 L0

22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I hear they want to show the Inverness away cup match in there as long as they get enough interest.

Location being the problem, anyone going to the pub to watch the game will obviously choose one in town.

I await the advertising gimmick to try to entice fans....cranes, hot spa, sit in a c5

I think they'd seriously need to push the boat out for it to become a going concern other than matchdays, its great that its happens but the Amarillo suite (or whatever its called now) is an example that its not got legs in it to be a 365 day business.

Perhaps it should've been in the plans when built but bigger and should've kept parts of brockville to brockville it up, seats from the stand, terracing etc....hindsight is a beautiful thing tho

Great that its there tho, still plenty options to make it something special

21 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I've been to every league game this season, missing Queens on Saturday so it wouldnt suprise me if we ended up thrashing them. Would just be my luck.

Well I hope I've got the same luck as you mate because I'm not going either!

Location being the problem, anyone going to the pub to watch the game will obviously choose one in town.
I await the advertising gimmick to try to entice fans....cranes, hot spa, sit in a c5
I think they'd seriously need to push the boat out for it to become a going concern other than matchdays, its great that its happens but the Amarillo suite (or whatever its called now) is an example that its not got legs in it to be a 365 day business.
Perhaps it should've been in the plans when built but bigger and should've kept parts of brockville to brockville it up, seats from the stand, terracing etc....hindsight is a beautiful thing tho
Great that its there tho, still plenty options to make it something special

All true but .. the stadium is in use 7 days a week , if you can get them that play 5s/7s to go in afterwards and watch the champions league on bt then you get people hanging around longer and make more profit , i think the majority of those punters would probably be on cola anyway but im sure it could be done .