The Falkirk FC Thread

23 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Good to see we've got a new fitness coach. Maybe see an end to players going down with cramp after 60 minutes

Hartley has always been big on fitness. Every time I saw his Dundee side he had them out sharp after HT to do some ladder exercises before the 2nd half kicked off. Hopefully with improved fitness we'll start playing more of a pressing game rather than waiting til the opponent reaches our box before putting a tackle in.

I always remember when  he was commentating for sky on our 4 1 pumping of Ayr when we guaranteed promotion. He got some amount of abuse when he strolled round to the commentary position above the choir 

As did the majority who took the risk.
Remember Gerry Mcnee whenever he done commentating got the absolute worst abuse ever..... great times.

Always mind of Falkirk v Celtic at Brockville one of my mates said watch this as Archie MacPherson was walking round the track my mate shouted here look lads its Arthrur Montford his face was a peachif looks could kill when he clocked my mate ..lol,  he also took pelters for having the lassie from the BBC at the game .  If i mind right Big Craw baptie was near fighting with Mo Jonson at the Celtic goal mouth during a corner to falkirk.

On another note good we bit about Hippolyte in the sun.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1720086/falkirk-myles-hippolyte-eligible-scotland-grandad/

10 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Remember Gerry Mcnee whenever he done commentating got the absolute worst abuse ever..... great times.

Yeah I remember him making comments about the falkirk fans in the choir. He wasnt a big fan funnily enough.

Him and Jim White calling Brockville a deathtrap on Scotsport is seared into my memory - just because the **** had turned up late and couldn't get in before kick off.

Him and Jim White calling Brockville a deathtrap on Scotsport is seared into my memory - just because the **** had turned up late and couldn't get in before kick off.

That Jim White turned up in white slip on shoes and white kecks once. He deserved a bleaching just for that

The pies were rank but hardly deadly! ( unless you got skelped on the heid by a random flying snack )

20 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Someone caught it severe when we pumped Hearts 4-0 in the cup. Might have been Rob McLean, who hadn't done anything wrong except be there when we were flying and all queued beside the gantry waiting to get out. He just got absolutely bombarded.

Probably was Rob McLean as I remember him taking a right slagging in next round against Dundee too, I was standing just near commentary cage that day and kept hearing chants about him shagging sheep. I was normally in other bits of ground so that was a new feature for me!

What’s happening down at the stadium tonight. 10-15 trucks and trailers with Movie Maker Uk on the side. Looked like they were all unpacked, loads of people hanging going in and out of the trucks and trailers.
I know that they are the company they used when they filmed the Avengers stuff in Edinburgh earlier this year and also used when they filmed World War Z in Glasgow.

What’s happening down at the stadium tonight. 10-15 trucks and trailers with Movie Maker Uk on the side. Looked like they were all unpacked, loads of people hanging going in and out of the trucks and trailers.
I know that they are the company they used when they filmed the Avengers stuff in Edinburgh earlier this year and also used when they filmed World War Z in Glasgow.

Filming Kick Ass 3.

Wee Hartley is in the starring role and he's booting f**k out the players after that debacle last Saturday.

David Mitchell’s return?

22 hours ago, bud1876 said:

Gerry McNee once called the Falkirk fans 'the worst fans in Scottish football' and also used the term 'bird brains' to describe them. I'm sure this was when Lambie was relegating Falkirk, though I'm sure it was more related to the abuse he got whenever he commentated at Brockville than any sympathy for Lambie.

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Gerry McNee once called the Falkirk fans 'the worst fans in Scottish football' and also used the term 'bird brains' to describe them. I'm sure this was when Lambie was relegating Falkirk, though I'm sure it was more related to the abuse he got whenever he commentated at Brockville than any sympathy for Lambie.

Another bumptious, self important balloon.

Chick Young is the last of that generation of arseholes, now we are treated to the wise words of Kris Boyd, Tam McManus and somebody apparently called "Biscuits"

Just about made myself nostalgic for the old school balloons (but not quite).

11 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Another bumptious, self important balloon.

Chick Young is the last of that generation of arseholes, now we are treated to the wise words of Kris Boyd, Tam McManus and somebody apparently called "Biscuits"

Just about made myself nostalgic for the old school balloons (but not quite).

Bring back Jimmy Sandison and Bob Crampsie!!

Through the vagaries of my mind, I recall travelling home from a midweek game at Brockville back in the mid 80s and Jimmy "were you at the game caller" Sandison and Bill "c**t" McMurdo were going at it hammer on tongs on the radio phone in.

Glorious days for the phone in, now its the fat sexist p***k and his OAP pal on Radio Scotland and a crew of drooling inbred old firm knob guzzlers on independent local radio. Sad sad days.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Bring back Jimmy Sandison and Bob Crampsie!!

Had the pleasure of sitting next to Bob Crampsey on a flight a good few years ago (obviously) and had a smashing wee chat about Dunipace Juniors and Somerset County Cricket Club.

These two guys would probably still be better informed and more interesting than the current nonentities even though they have been dead for many many years.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Thats the thing though its not just radio its sport in general theres no real characters in the past you had your likes of Mo Johnston, Frank MacAvennie, going back further you had the likes of Whiggum some of these players and what they done in there time were/are legendary etc then media wise you had Chic Young, Archie macPherson, Jim White (although he's with Sky now, Jim Dellahunt, Dougie Donnelly then even referee wise you had the likes of Hugh Dallas, Syme Fyffe etc

now you can pretty much generalise them all not so much as having any real character in the sport just for using Collum as an example being a nob and a shit ref,  and media wise the closest you get to a Gerry McNee is Hugh Keevens