The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Right out of the John Hughes book of excuses.

You can't blame the manager for the fact we've got some pish players that he had nothing to do with signing. Once he has his own team on the park then he is open to criticism on that front if necessary. Hopkins won what 3 out of his first 18 games at livie and that included a transfer window in there so hartley  got a bit to go to match that.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Think Hippo a really good player & in a team with little creativity he will be key but his diving is embarrassing. However just as bad as the reaction to the dive. He gets involved with players quite rightly angered by it and that could cost us in terms of suspension. Needs to cut that out in my opinion.

Fash has a tendency to over exaggerate contact but nothing as blatant as Hippo. However I do love a BSLM non free kick free kick and fully accept my hypocrisy.

Being a masochist I reread some posts from the early part of the season & we really set ourselves up for this wave of pessimism. The signing of Loy & few decent performances in the cup saw many getting carried away. Joe McKee in particular being lauded as going to be instrumental in our title push seems like a world away. However as quickly as things have soured I hope that it can turn again. Based on what I saw yesterday that looks some way off but my hope is the St Mirren game this season was the watershed in terms of our negative spiral that the reverse fixture will see a reversal in fortunes. As with everything Falkirk related though, it is the hope that kills you [emoji15]

Joe McKee was being lauded as such because in the games where he was used correctly, he looked very good.  Playing Loy - who has a natural tendency to drop 'into the hole' - invites the central midfielders to go past him and get into the box.  McKee and even Taiwo did that up until the St Mirren game.  We have yet to play that same way again.

Joe McKee was being lauded as such because in the games where he was used correctly, he looked very good.  Playing Loy - who has a natural tendency to drop 'into the hole' - invites the central midfielders to go past him and get into the box.  McKee and even Taiwo did that up until the St Mirren game.  We have yet to play that same way again.

That God someone else posted. I thought my drivel had broken P&B [emoji27]

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

An ex-jambo and an ex-fifer? That could be pushing it too far.

There is a lot more to add than just Jambo and Fife......

Fife divide, Glasgow divide, Edinburgh divide and a Man Utd and Milwall between them.

On paper a decent addition, cant say I have a dislike/hate for Jimmy Nicholl as a player or a manager, plenty of experience and will surely have a contact or two up his sleeve for player recruitment. 

52 minutes ago, MrDust said:

There is a lot more to add than just Jambo and Fife......

Fife divide, Glasgow divide, Edinburgh divide and a Man Utd and Milwall between them.

On paper a decent addition, cant say I have a dislike/hate for Jimmy Nicholl as a player or a manager, plenty of experience and will surely have a contact or two up his sleeve for player recruitment. 

I always remember when  he was commentating for sky on our 4 1 pumping of Ayr when we guaranteed promotion. He got some amount of abuse when he strolled round to the commentary position above the choir