The Falkirk FC Thread

I can't believe we have a potential strikforce of loy, Sibbald, hippolyte, Austin, ohara yet can barely scrape a win in this league. if Hartley wants to get us up into a play off position he's going to somehow have to find a way to get these guys into a system that works and to get them motivated to play better.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I can't believe we have a potential strikforce of loy, Sibbald, hippolyte, Austin, ohara yet can barely scrape a win in this league. if Hartley wants to get us up into a play off position he's going to somehow have to find a way to get these guys into a system that works and to get them motivated to play better.

To do this I think we either need to go 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 with a front / attacking 4 of Loy, Hippo, Sibbs and Austin. O’Hara had a fair run recently and hasn’t quite hit the mark, so think it’s time Austin was given one. He had a really good spell last season when he managed to stay in the team for a few games.

The front pairing is up in The air just now as no-one seems able to stake a claim. Hippos done ok but ohara was gash today and Austin was piss poor when he came on. Loys been poor and god knows when he'll be back. I certainly wouldn't want to be the poor punters funding his wages.  And of course Miller's injured . Time somebody stood up to the plate but let's face it no-one can really say they haven't had a chance.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The front pairing is up in The air just now as no-one seems able to stake a claim. Hippos done ok but ohara was gash today and Austin was piss poor when he came on. Loys been poor and god knows when he'll be back. I certainly wouldn't want to be the poor punters funding his wages.  And of course Miller's injured . Time somebody stood up to the plate but let's face it no-one can really say they haven't had a chance.

I had not heard that Lee Miller was injuried,what is the problem?

I had not heard that Lee Miller was injuried,what is the problem?

Tbf I assumed he’s been injured as well since he’s no been on the bench the last couple of games. He was fucking gash at the start of the season but he changed the game away to Morton.

If he is fit then it’s a big mistake having the absolutely shite Shepherd on the bench instead of him.

I think we'll see how Hartley will do as a manager before January. the problem isn't the talent in the squad, we've seen the occasional match where we play flowing attacking football, the problem is getting this group of players to take responsibility instead of always taking the safe 5 yard pass backwards or sideways, take a chance and look for the forward ball if we lose the ball work to win it back and start again. if Hartley can get the players away from this dire, boring safety first game we play to often then he deserves all the praise going!

The issue we have is there is no creativity or dynamism in the midfield. Individually Kerr, Taiwo, McKee are all 5.5/10 footballers (generous for McKee) but all three of them in the side leaves us toothless. Harris is just murder, standing on the ball yesterday sums up his level of ability and close control.

If everyone is fit we need Hippo back on the wing, Sibbald in the middle next to one of the three plodders (probably Taiwo but I think he's massively overrated by our support), and either Craigen or someone new on the right.

Give Loy and Austin a run up front together. In theory between them they should have everything.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Welcome to the world of no width and a draw under Paul Hartley. I presume that's what happened yesterday. 

No we had width it's just our wide players aren't very good. Harris is murder and McKee doesn't have enough pace. Hippo had to start up top after last week so that took another wide option away. At the moment it's the players that's the problem and not the manager.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No we had width it's just our wide players aren't very good. Harris is murder and McKee doesn't have enough pace. Hippo had to start up top after last week so that took another wide option away. At the moment it's the players that's the problem and not the manager.

Right out of the John Hughes book of excuses.