The Falkirk FC Thread

I have to admit, I have been really impressed with Alex Smith in his short interim spell of your side. Hartley will get you guys up the league in no time. 

Smith also seems confident of Hartley's capabilities; 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/09/i-am-delighted-we-have-steadied-the-ship-says-alex-smith/

54 minutes ago, Trump said:

If we are really serious about winning the league at a canter we should do everything we can to get another goalkeeper in.

I suppose its going to depend on how its going to impact on our ability to bring in a player or players in January.  Its another wage at the end of the day unless Hartley has loan contacts at a bigger club that could perhaps see us getting someone in for little expense.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

away to Inverness in the challenge cup. 6 games v Inverness this season 4 away from home. let's hope we don't draw them in the scottish too!

This is exactly the reason this cup needs dropped. It's fucking shit and even the win against the fifers on Saturday felt a bit hollow 

Pretty sure thats why they revamped the leagues though reality is we got the plays off to make things interesting which favours heavily on the premiership team.  The only reason any team wants into the Premier now is the payday against the OF other than that its pretty much top 6 and bottom 6teams are pretty much guaranteed at the start of the season with the odd surprising package for a top 6 each year i.e. Partick Thistle last year.

33 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

away to Inverness in the challenge cup. 6 games v Inverness this season 4 away from home. let's hope we don't draw them in the scottish too!

Pish draw.

A game against one of the remaining foreign teams would have been slightly more interesting (not much).

Remember when we got Partick 7 times in a season 7 years ago. Two called off games at the last minute, 3 games in two weeks. 

We will play ICT 6 times at least, its not unthinkable we could get them in the Scottish cup or the play offs. f**k that could be 7 or 8 times......Jesus f**k. 

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

This is exactly the reason this cup needs dropped. It's fucking shit and even the win against the fifers on Saturday felt a bit hollow 

Is it midweek...?

It never feels hollow beating the fifers even at tiddly winks.

We don't we are born compared to England in travel times, tho I'll still complain 

53 minutes ago, moanthebairns said:

Remember when we got Partick 7 times in a season 7 years ago. Two called off games at the last minute, 3 games in two weeks. 

We will play ICT 6 times at least, its not unthinkable we could get them in the Scottish cup or the play offs. f**k that could be 7 or 8 times......Jesus f**k. 

Or it could be 10 times if we get a replay in the Scottish along with playoffs.

not that I think they will make the playoffs but the potential is there.