The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

United are awful. Easily the worst side we've played all season and we've been pretty bad. They were no better then us. 

This logic is bizarre, particularly in this league in this specific season. 

St Mirren pumped United > we pumped St Mirren > United pumped us. It makes no sense, and it's going to follow a similar nonsensical pattern for the rest of the season. Christ, Morton were both the best team I've seen and the worst team I've seen so far.. in the same game. 

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

St Mirren pumped United > we pumped St Mirren > United pumped us. It makes no sense, and it's going to follow a similar nonsensical pattern for the rest of the season. Christ, Morton were both the best team I've seen and the worst team I've seen so far.. in the same game. 

This is why this league is great. Much as I enjoyed the travelling circus that was the Edinburgh teams and the sevco mess rolling into town, I do prefer a league that actually could be won, or at least contested, by a whole load of teams. Yes the football isn't exactly top quality but it's not in the premiership either, at least this division isn't a foregone conclusion. 

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

Strange logic. How? If they were the worst team we played so far this season then that is a simple fact . They may have had an off day although going by their fans comments pre match that kind of performance from them has been par for the course . Yourselves played well after the first 20 mins or so when we should've put the game to bed.  It was the opposite for us against Dunfermline who were all over the place after we went down to 9 men.  Morton werent any great shakes on Saturday either.  There isn't a standout   side in the league this season with most sides having incredibly shaky defences leading to the number of pumpings received by most sides already.  Any team that can get a solid foundation in place has a decent chance of doing well this season no matter where they currently sit in the league.

3 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

This is why this league is great. Much as I enjoyed the travelling circus that was the Edinburgh teams and the sevco mess rolling into town, I do prefer a league that actually could be won, or at least contested, by a whole load of teams. Yes the football isn't exactly top quality but it's not in the premiership either, at least this division isn't a foregone conclusion. 

I agree. Having 70-80% of the division realistically hoping to finish in a play-off place means that everyone's fighting for something right up until the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Strange logic. How? 

You basically dismissed Dundee United as worthy title-contenders because you've seen them once this season and they weren't very good that day. That's not how football works. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

It was heavily tinged with sarcasm, tho if Hartley manages to find the player that last produced the goods 4 year ago, I wouldnt be complaining.....

Id like to say stranger things have happened, but I cant back that up.....!!! 

I must have missed these goods that were produced 4 years ago. 

His time at Dundee ended on a sour note (as most managerial reigns tend to do) but overall I think Hartley did a good job. Got us out of the second tier after being stuck there for a decade, secured a top 6 finish and ended our 10+ year run of no derby victories. Wish Hartley good luck at Falkirk, especially if he helps keep the filth down for another year after putting them there in the first place. [emoji3]

Weren’t you the relegated team from the SPL that season [emoji848] Decade lol

5 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You do seem to have a pretty weak squad plus our team two seasons ago was better than anything in this division this season and still got pumped in the playoff final so you'd need to be very lucky to fluke your way through.

I think I lsaid that already but thanks for reiterating my point.

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

United are far and away the worst team that we have played this season, truly awful.

Not even a one off bad performance as their fans were trying to outdo us in the despair stakes in the run up to the game.

No outstanding, or even a bit better than the rest, team in the league this season so almost impossible to try and work out who will finish where.

They were still picking up points though. If they're only a point off the top when they've been shite, imagine how easy it'll be when they start playing well?

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

Same applies to all 10 clubs.

Other than the fact you've been absolutely shite and are miles off the pace already.

27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

They were still picking up points though. If they're only a point off the top when they've been shite, imagine how easy it'll be when they start playing well?

IF not when they start playing well.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

27 minutes ago, Young gun said:

21 st October 

I’m getting  treated to hospitality.

Is it good and what is the dress code.?

Jacket and tie, and they check for clip-ons to make sure nae Paisley manks get in.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What a time to be a Bairn....

In all seriousness though, Hartley may or may not work out (disnae work out much gaun by that gut hahahajajajajhahah) but its a pleasing appointment. Somehow seems more ambitious than a McIntyre type even though they probably fit in the same type of bracket having ultimately failed at a lower end premier club. At least the board havent took the easy option and slid Kerr/Miller in there for cheapness.

Once again the response of the players is key here but they certainly responded to Houston getting emptied by slipping Morton a comfortable length.

If Hartley knows how to get Grant, Sibbald and Loy doing what we know they can do then we will likely be back in Europe within 2 years.

I doubt he'll get you promoted let alone stop Brexit.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think I lsaid that already but thanks for reiterating my point.

Other than the fact you've been absolutely shite and are miles off the pace already.

They'll not start playing well though till they punt mckinnon which seems unlikely at the moment.