The Falkirk FC Thread

A few getting a tad over excited! Unless he's changed, learned from his mistakes, become less stubborn and managed to work out a plan B.... then he'll simply turn your staff upside down bringing in his mates, overload one area of the team in January and completely ignore the glaringly obvious deficiencies elsewhere and say " jist wizny good enough" every time you lose! Good luck!!!

Switch ‘jist wizny good enough’ for ‘talk is cheap’ and it’ll feel like Houstie never left then!

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Explain why

United will eventually pull away and win the title quite comfortably.

Therefore, Falkirk's best case scenario, if everything goes incredibly well, would be 2nd place. That's the same position they've finished in each of the last two seasons and both times failed to achieve promotion.

39 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Therefore, Falkirk's best case scenario, if everything goes incredibly well, would be 2nd place. That's the same position they've finished in each of the last two seasons and both times failed to achieve promotion.

United are awful. Easily the worst side we've played all season and we've been pretty bad. They were no better then us. 

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

He was not in control of EEP Ltd.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

EEP limited owned the ground did it not?  There were two different cva's one for the club and one for the ground.  Funnily enough the creditors of EEP limited were given cash in their CVA whilst the poor punters who were creditors of the club got hee haw.  Masterton was chief creditor for the club and could then have blocked that cva if he had wanted.  You woud then have had a ground but no team surely?

EEP limited owned the ground did it not?  There were two different cva's one for the club and one for the ground.  Funnily enough the creditors of EEP limited were given cash in their CVA whilst the poor punters who were creditors of the club got hee haw.  Masterton was chief creditor for the club and could then have blocked that cva if he had wanted.  You woud then have had a ground but no team surely?

The majority of 'mastertons' debt was due to eep ltd. it was in the best interest of administrators of eep ltd to have dafc out of admin as this would allow them to maximise the amount they'd receive for eep since the highest offer had come from Pars united, who kinda needed a tennant to rent the ground to.

I think Hartley is a great appointment, but the playoffs are a huge stretch for us. We were playing like a team that was going to be relegated until last weekend. Even then, we still have a huge number of passengers in the squad that need to be shifted, and that will only happen at the end of the season. This season is still realistically about not getting relegated, in my opinion.  Anything else is an unexpected bonus. 

2 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I think Hartley is a great appointment, but the playoffs are a huge stretch for us. We were playing like a team that was going to be relegated until last weekend. Even then, we still have a huge number of passengers in the squad that need to be shifted, and that will only happen at the end of the season. This season is still realistically about not getting relegated, in my opinion.  Anything else is an unexpected bonus. 

There's no great teams in the league this season like the hibs, sevco, hearts of recent years. If we get a decent run going then there's no reason why we cant be top 4.  Main thing is to keep us in touch between now and January. Hopefully then a bit of  wheeling and dealing will improve the squad.

I'd rather have Paul Hartley than Ray Mckinnon any day of the week. 

9 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

I think Hartley is a great appointment, but the playoffs are a huge stretch for us. 

It would be a stretch if the teams at the top were good, but all have dropped points they shouldn't have thus far. Utd may well pull away but apart from them I don't see much changing. 

Livi are a fair bit clear in fourth place, having won only four of their eight games. I see no reason why we can't catch at least them if we get our act together. A nine point gap isn't a lot to make up with more than 3/4  of the season still to go. 

I remember Airdrie being eleven points clear of us in Jefferies first season in charge. It didn't stop us winning the league. I'm not saying we'll do that this season but we can certainly finish in the top four. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So what should he, and presumably your own manager and Jack Ross all be targeting then?

I think Dunfermline should be aiming for top four and try and get some cash for Williamson and Smith in January if the English clubs offer something tempting. Then reinvest and try for the title next season. I fear we'd be hopelessly out of our depth if we fluked our way through the play-offs.

3 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think Dunfermline should be aiming for top four and try and get some cash for Williamson and Smith in January if the English clubs offer something tempting. Then reinvest and try for the title next season. I fear we'd be hopelessly out of our depth if we fluked our way through the play-offs.

You do seem to have a pretty weak squad plus our team two seasons ago was better than anything in this division this season and still got pumped in the playoff final so you'd need to be very lucky to fluke your way through.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

United are far and away the worst team that we have played this season, truly awful.

Not even a one off bad performance as their fans were trying to outdo us in the despair stakes in the run up to the game.

No outstanding, or even a bit better than the rest, team in the league this season so almost impossible to try and work out who will finish where.