The Falkirk FC Thread

Some clubs had to spend money on their stadium rather than have a supermarket pay for it for them. Surely it's no surprise that teams such as Falkirk and St Johnstone who sold their grounds for big money have managed to avoid financial issues while clubs like Dunfermline, Raith, Dundee, Motherwell etc who had to borrow money to build ridiculous 10,000 seat stadia without the luxury of donated land and supermarket cash have struggled financially? It would be interesting to see what would have happened had Falkirk had to redevelop Brockville (which would have been fantastic tbh).

Anyway, aren't you boys any closer to getting a new manager yet? Want to know who to shout abuse at if I decide to go along on Saturday. Are you waiting to announce the new man to boost ticket sales for the Irn Bru cup game or just a bit shit at this sort of thing?

I’m sure the football trust paid for a few of those stands £2m a club in the then premier league springs to mind.....and the likes of Motherwell trying to subsidise more cost with an old firm debenture scheme if memory serves me right....

45 minutes ago, P475 said:

Personally I hope it's Hartley as Jimmy Mc would turn your lot around, and have them climbing the league quicker. 

Pars get all teary eyed over him for some reason or another, forgetting losing a third of your games for two seasons and winning about 4 games in the SPL.

One season, where spending money you didnt have in January to win the league is his crowning glory, seems to me that some Pars love how they shafted their creditors 

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Pars get all teary eyed over him for some reason or another, forgetting losing a third of your games for two seasons and winning about 4 games in the SPL.

One season, where spending money you didnt have in January to win the league is his crowning glory, seems to me that some Pars love how they shafted their creditors 

Sigh, as I've pointed out to you guys many times on here, I was a creditor to the Pars. I along with many others happily wrote off the money owed. If anyone wanted their money back then, DAFC would have paid them. 

Any football debts had to be paid as per the rules. 

Please tell me who asked for their money and was refused? 

27 minutes ago, P475 said:

Sigh, as I've pointed out to you guys many times on here, I was a creditor to the Pars. I along with many others happily wrote off the money owed. If anyone wanted their money back then, DAFC would have paid them. 

Were the 8 players that got made redundant's contracts paid up in full?

The problem is that most of the creditors  wouldn't feel comfortable voting against the cva as it would make them look bad and I presume if the club had been disolved they would've got nothing anyway as £8.5 million was owed to Masterton who abstained from the vote.  No idea why he abstained instead of voting for it mind you.  The creditors were basically between a rock and a hard place.  Its the SFA and SPFL that should be taking a hard line stance. Clubs shouldn't be allowed back into the league until all debts are paid in full. Then perhaps clubs like Dundee and Livingston wouldnt continually keep getting themselves in bother and then taking the easy way out and carrying on as if hee haw has happened. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

37 minutes ago, P475 said:

What has the above got to do with the mess Dunfermline got themselves into ?

If you are not glorifying a managers good season with money you didnt have to spend, then I will apologise but it seems to me that some Pars fans are still teary eyed on that season and forgetting the the previous two with McIntyre.

52 minutes ago, P475 said:

How anyone can glorify a situation like this either in or out with football is beyond me.

People including players and club staff lost their jobs and small businesses lost revenue.

Unbelievable.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

Looks like McIntyre has held talks, either of these two would be decent.

Only thing that maybe goes against him is the fact he's an ex par. It prob shouldnt matter if he's a good enough manager but Hartley is probably the better option imo. He managed to get a pretty average Dundee side promoted, hopefully he can wheel n deal and get us up the league at least into the playoffs. 

Only thing that maybe goes against him is the fact he's an ex par. It prob shouldnt matter if he's a good enough manager but Hartley is probably the better option imo. He managed to get a pretty average Dundee side promoted, hopefully he can wheel n deal and get us up the league at least into the playoffs. 

Hopefully not.