The Falkirk FC Thread

I quite liked the guarantee, bit like a lot of the Pressley stuff it was manufactured nonsense trying to get a rise out of the players like rolling up the sleeves when he wanted the team to step up a gear, changing the keeper top to red to encourage opposition strikers to aim at it rather than the goal and the manufactured war of words between him and Derek Adams in the build up to a big game.

None of it worked of course but it was entertaining nonetheless.

Just now, ilostmyself said:

I quite liked the guarantee, bit like a lot of the Pressley stuff it was manufactured nonsense trying to get a rise out of the players like rolling up the sleeves when he wanted the team to step up a gear, changing the keeper top to red to encourage opposition strikers to aim at it rather than the goal and the manufactured war of words between him and Derek Adams in the build up to a big game.

None of it worked of course but it was entertaining nonetheless.

I think it was him who swapped the home and away dugouts around so the home one was nearer the main stand linesman to put pressure on him, which I liked.

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think it was him who swapped the home and away dugouts around so the home one was nearer the main stand linesman to put pressure on him, which I liked.

Did he not make the pitch smaller too? Could perhaps see the point in the top flight when we were playing the old firm etc but to do it after we got relegated  said everything about his plans for how we were going to play.

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Did he not make the pitch smaller too? Could perhaps see the point in the top flight when we were playing the old firm etc but to do it after we got relegated  said everything about his plans for how we were going to play.

Not sure, maybe. He certainly was a bit pseudo intellectual and liked the philosophy side of things so definitely a possibility! 

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Not sure, maybe. He certainly was a bit pseudo intellectual and liked the philosophy side of things so definitely a possibility! 

Im sure he did as I remember asking Gary Holt if he would be keeping the pitch tight or moving it back out to its original width. He wanted the pitch as wide as possible.

Did Alloa not reduce the width of their pitch when Jack Ross was there for a game against us ?

On another note seen the article about Alex Smith being in the dug out again and looks like it will be a couple of weeks till someone is announced going by his comments:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15556854.Alex_Smith_expresses_shock_at_return_to_the_dugout_at_age_of_77/

“They’ll be gaining experience in the next few weeks and whilst they’re doing that they’ll be helping the club come through this.

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I distinctly remember him saying he narrowed the pitch in th e season opener against us, which would frighten our wingers. Cardle ran amok.

This, exactly.

15 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I distinctly remember him saying he narrowed the pitch in th e season opener against us, which would frighten our wingers. Cardle ran amok.

He could've reduced it to the width of a close and we'd still have struggled with a defence of Olejnik, McLean, Scobbie, Khalis and Marr. 1-0 was actually a piss poor result against that lot.

Think I will apply for the Falkirk job as

A.Daily

I have sold dodgy second hand cars before so I am sure I can turn my hand to selling dodgy second class footballers.

What a joke putting selling players in a job advert - we would be as well not going

Next Falkirk Manager Odds

Owen Coyle

Previous Team: Blackburn Rovers
Left: 21 Feb 2017

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
6/5

Paul Hartley

Previous Team: Dundee
Left: 17 Apr 2017

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
6/1

Brian Kerr

Current Team: Albion Rovers
Time With Team: 3 mths 25 days

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
8/1

Gary Naysmith

Current Team: Queen of the South
Time With Team: 9 mths 21 days

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
10/1

Jim McIntyre

Previous Team: Ross County
Left: 25 Sep 2017

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

Stephen Aitken

Current Team: Dumbarton
Time With Team: 2 years 3 mths 30 days

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
16/1

John Hughes

Previous Team: Raith Rovers
Left: 13 May 2017

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Ian McCall

Current Team: Ayr United
Time With Team: 2 years 8 mths 21 days

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Steve Clarke

Previous Team: Reading
Left: 4 Dec 2015

betvictor.jpg

£40 Free Bet

Bet Now - Betvictor
25/1

Think I will apply for the Falkirk job as
A.Daily
I have sold dodgy second hand cars before so I am sure I can turn my hand to selling dodgy second class footballers.
What a joke putting selling players in a job advert - we would be as well not going

Nice one Arfur, see you in the Winchester Club for a G&T.

I lack the knowledge of the inner workings of a football team to know whether or not “Margaret Lang” is any good at her job or not, but I know enough to confidently state that every single statement she’s made since her appointment has been complete drivel.

9 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I lack the knowledge of the inner workings of a football team to know whether or not “Margaret Lang” is any good at her job or not, but I know enough to confidently state that every single statement she’s made since her appointment has been complete drivel.

She's a solicitor i do believe, given our clubs past and being in the media for the wrong reasons its probably a handy thing