The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Wonderful news. No point wasting time by paying tribute to Houston's record. It was a job & he was paid for his work. 

Really optimistic for the rest of the season, I have a feeling things are going to get really big & really sexy.

Also, thoughts are with our resident Fife/Paisley/Greenock/Dumfries trolls at this difficult time.

Here comes The Fucking Navy Blue.

Bang Bang

Aye, it was all Houston's fault, title challenge beckons IMO.

Would be gutted if you hired McIntyre. Really liked him at EEP and would be horrible to see him lowered to such depths.

Astonishingly there are a large number of Falkirk fans who believe with the right manager we'll be challenging for the title.
This is despite us already being 13 points behind and any new manager being forced to play with the same unbalanced squad until January at least.

The squad is more than adequate if played in the right formation with players in their correct positions.

In all likelihood Coyle will go to Oldham and Hartley will go to Ross County, so who does that leave us?

Forget about buying someone out of a contract, we've just paid off three people having just coughed up money to pay Balatoni and McGee.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf at least if you get Hartley you'll no longer have a manager who spends his whole time buying identikit central midfielders and ignoring wingers..

They'll also save money on shower gel and shampoo.

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

In all likelihood Coyle will go to Oldham and Hartley will go to Ross County, so who does that leave us?

Forget about buying someone out of a contract, we've just paid off three people having just coughed up money to pay Balatoni and McGee.

I'm not sure Hartley has done enough for Ross County to bring him in to be honest. His record is no better than the guy they have just sacked.  Don't get me wrong I'd take Hartley at Falkirk because we need someone that can get us out of this league but I'm not sure what would make Hartley an attractive replacement for Mcintyre.

3 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

Dave Mackay    14/1
Callum Davidson    14/1

Based on previous appointments that the Falkirk board have made over the past decade or so then one of the two noted above look like being good value for a wager. MacKay seems to have started well at Stirling and crucially has some experience of being a manager whilst its surely time Davidson became a Number 1 before he gets lumbered in the "coach" bracket for ever more. Wouldn't be shocked to see the new manager being one of them.

Not sure I agree with this necessarily. Yes they can probably pay more, but they are a relegation waiting to happen. Have been for a few seasons now.

If he wants to rebuild his reputation he can do that by getting us promoted within a couple of seasons.

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Not sure I agree with this necessarily. Yes they can probably pay more, but they are a relegation waiting to happen. Have been for a few seasons now.

If he wants to rebuild his reputation he can do that by getting us promoted within a couple of seasons.

I'm sure Roys millions could convince either that it might be a decent job. I still feel that they'll be looking for someone who has a better record than hartley though.

I'm sure Roys millions could convince either that it might be a decent job. I still feel that they'll be looking for someone who has a better record than hartley though.

I was actually referring to Coyle going to Oldham in this case.

It did seem coincidental that Ross County took this decision at the same time and you do wonder if we could both have that same first choice in mind.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I was actually referring to Coyle going to Oldham in this case.

It did seem coincidental that Ross County took this decision at the same time and you do wonder if we could both have that same first choice in mind.

Im sure Oldham will have a lot of options anyway. I'd be surprised if any team at that level looked at a manager who hasnt really done anything in his last 2 or 3 jobs. 

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Whereas Falkirk ...

Have had two decent  seasons fighting promotion and have decent players just needing a decent manager to guide them in the right direction.  Whens old Ray going to get his jotters?  United were just as bad as us the other week.

Have had two decent  seasons fighting promotion and have decent players just needing a decent manager to guide them in the right direction.  Whens old Ray going to get his jotters?  United were just as bad as us the other week.

Indeed Livvy's performance against us showed just how shite Utd are despite the astronomical budget.

24 minutes ago, Hipster Dufus said:

Wonder if Jackie McNamara would want to leave his DOF position at York City and come back up the road?

I'd put Jackie in the same bracket as Alex Rae. He took a promising York City team that were building nicely back in the English League with a few Wembley appearances and trophies and destroyed them back to mid-table non-league status - equivalent to where the 'shire are now. No way Jackie.

3 minutes ago, bairney said:

I'd put Jackie in the same bracket as Alex Rae. He took a promising York City team that were building nicely back in the English League with a few Wembley appearances and trophies and destroyed them back to mid-table non-league status - equivalent to where the 'shire are now. No way Jackie.

Did he not get two teams relegated in the same season?